ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Feb 1, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #212 of 1,237
Quote:
I think they mean april-june

Q2 usually refers to the second season of the year, or in corporate world, second three-month set of the operating year.

I should have put
biggrin.gif
 after my comment.....wishful thinking.

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #213 of 1,237
  Quote:
I think they mean april-june

Q2 usually refers to the second season of the year, or in corporate world, second three-month set of the operating year.

I should have put
biggrin.gif
 after my comment.....wishful thinking.

How many months are in a year..... So that would be how many Quarters ?

(oh wait a minute , you're Canadian... so maybe it's different.......................... eh ? (I meant "ay"?) (I know "Take Off!)

(Sorry... couldn't help myself    "Ay" !)

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #215 of 1,237

I honestly don't know if this is in reference to the lack of no recent activity on this thread or that my attempt to tease someone
ended up offending them !

It is okay to laugh at a public figure who's made an "@&#" of themselves. It's only acceptable to laugh "with" someone you don't
know as you have no idea if they get your intention otherwise !

In plain "USA" English I messed up. Sorry !!! (What did they use to refer to us in other parts of the world, "the ugly Americans" I
suppose I ended up being that )

Feb 15, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #216 of 1,237
popcorn.gif

Feb 15, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #217 of 1,237
  I honestly don't know if this is in reference to the lack of no recent activity on this thread or that my attempt to tease someone

It is okay to laugh at a public figure who's made an "@&#" of themselves. It's only acceptable to laugh "with" someone you don't

In plain "USA" English I messed up. Sorry !!! (What did they use to refer to us in other parts of the world, "the ugly Americans" I

lol it's not your fault. There is just literally nothing else out there about these headphones or amp.

However, I have found a little gem about their speakers and super tweeters :)

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/02/01/review-enigmacoustics-m1-mythology-speaker-and-sopranino-super-tweeter/

Seriously, if there is one thing these guys know how to do, it's to make a darn gorgeous product XD

Feb 15, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #218 of 1,237

lol it's not your fault. There is just literally nothing else out there about these headphones or amp.

However, I have found a little gem about their speakers and super tweeters :)

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/02/01/review-enigmacoustics-m1-mythology-speaker-and-sopranino-super-tweeter/

Seriously, if there is one thing these guys know how to do, it's to make a darn gorgeous product XD

Well that being the cases I might as well join the crowd
popcorn.gif

Feb 15, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #219 of 1,237
It looks like they know their business...could it be this phone is the gem of 2015??? Like the hifiman he5 once was back in the days'when it was introduced out of the blue and hit the high end headphonemarket with the force of the hammer of thor? :D

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #220 of 1,237
All impressions so far have been useless and all that remains known is that this is a possible top contender.
looks like at least two months before we find out anything substantial and without comparison to any frame of reference (other cans) we most likely get the usual crap reviews where they blab on about equipment used and music material blah. .
:p

Feb 17, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #221 of 1,237
All impressions so far have been useless and all that remains known is that this is a possible top contender.
looks like at least two months before we find out anything substantial and without comparison to any frame of reference (other cans) we most likely get the usual crap reviews where they blab on about equipment used and music material blah. .
tongue.gif

They are supposed to have their headphones at their booth at CanJam SoCal in a little over a month. At that point at least we'll have some impressions but in a meet/show environment. Still, there should end up being impressions from quite a few people I would imagine.

But I have had several chances to listen to their Sopranino super tweeter. I even had a pair in my home for a longer audition. If I could afford it, I would have bought them. They made a huge difference even when paired with $30,000 Magico speakers and other dynamic speakers.

So I am really excited to hear how their headphones sound. 

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #223 of 1,237
  So do they just license out the Sopranino to other speaker manufacturers, or do they actually make speakers? 

They don't license their super tweeter as far as I know.

The Sopranino is a product (about $4000 USD). The idea is that you purchase them to add to your existing speakers. They are wired into the system using speaker wires in parallel with your speakers and use your existing amp to power both your speakers and the Sopranino.

They also make their own speakers which use their super tweeters as part of their speakers.

You can see their products on their website: http://www.enigmacoustics.com/prodcategory.asp

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #224 of 1,237
  They don't license their super tweeter as far as I know.

The Sopranino is a product (about $4000 USD). The idea is that you purchase them to add to your existing speakers. They are wired into the system using speaker wires in parallel with your speakers and use your existing amp to power both your speakers and the Sopranino.

They also make their own speakers which use their super tweeters as part of their speakers.

You can see their products on their website: http://www.enigmacoustics.com/prodcategory.asp

Interesting...thanks man

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #225 of 1,237
For anyone interested that is within driving distance of Raleigh/Durham/Cary, NC, we're very hopeful we will have at least one true production sample pair of the Dharma as well as the Athena A1 at the local headphone meet happening March 21-22 in Cary, NC.  More info here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/753557/raleigh-durham-cary-nc-meet-saturday-and-or-sunday-march-21st-22nd-2015

It's not a 100% guarantee just yet as production schedules do slip and things happen to cause delays... but as of now, Wei has been a very good sport about our enthusiasm/pestering him in trying to make sure we have some samples for the event to show to anyone locally that would like to listen.  If you can't make it to CanJam or one of the other regional audio shows, come by and socialize with some fellow headfi'ers and listen to almost as much gear as you will find at a show :)

Some of the attendees have added to the thread with what they intend to bring to share with others.  In addition to what is mentioned on the thread in the open, there should be the complete Audeze lineup, multiple pairs of the upper end Senneheiser models, Alpha Design Labs two headphone models, all the Fostex models, and I'm sure more will be added before the event gets here.  Just like the last headphone event in December, this is a *social* event, NOT a commercial event.  There are no sales pitches and nothing related to sales will be brought up at all unless initiated by you.  Anyone interested in hearing all the different headphones talked about on the forums all in one place with an opportunity to listen to them all back to back on the same gear (either yours you bring with you or what is there available), please do reply in that thread and do attend.  Everyone is welcome!  If you are just curious about the hobby, just curious about what goes on at a headphone meet, or are interested in buying some head-fi related gear but want to try before you order sound unheard off the interwebs, here's the perfect opportunity to check stuff out in a zero pressure, no sales pitch place and chat about everything with fellow enthusiasts.

Just an FYI for folks that don't regularly check the meet/get together sub forum....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back