Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE
Mar 31, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #136 of 265
My suggestion is more a play on the company name than the current offerings. The Roman empire is the thing that comes to my mind first when you hear the term Empire so, I recommend either Legatus (the commander of the Legion) or Tribunus as the 2nd in command (Leaving Legatus for an eventual successor). If you wanted to start lower, you could go with Praefectus (3rd in command) and leave a couple of generations of names in waiting. To put this in perspective, the centurion would be much more common with 60 centurions falling under each Tribunus and then 80-100 soldiers under each centurion. This would mean that any of the three names would be a truly rare accomplishment befitting of a flagship product.

I'd love to have any empire ears product in my collection as right now my budget is limited by sending a child to college and vet school. My current office in-ear setup is a fiio X5 and a set of Westone W30s.
When out and about I use either my phone (HTC M9) or a Xduoo X10 and a set of KZ ZSTs (when worried about loss or destruction) or a set of Shure 315s when out walking.

With the Zeus being so much better than anything in my portable collection, I'd be absolutely thrilled to own them but until other expenses are met they will remain a pipe dream.

Thanks for the opportunity,

Wiljen

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #137 of 265
I'm more just confused why this is being discussed here? Because it has nothing to do with this thread unless it has something to do with your current set up.

Hi, I honestly apologise for getting it wrong as the idea was to come up with a name for the new Empire flagship and NOT recommend a new flagship brand to review. So, now that I made a fool of myself at least I can provide a possible name to make it right: Getae, as in the Thracian Tribes the ancestors of the Roman Empire.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #139 of 265
I would suggest going the route of other mythology. Kronos would be the logical choice if Greek myth names are used but at some point you'll run out of names for flagship products. Might I suggest either Amaterasu (Japanese mythology) or Tiamat (Mesopotamian).

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #141 of 265
sorry for the dumb question but what is a head fi handle?

It's your headfi username. Handle is a North American slang for your name.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #143 of 265
I suggest the name "Kratos"!!! It's the demi-god that challenged zeus, well in the game god of war anyway! 

Wish me luck in the draw!

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #144 of 265
How about Tinnitus, god or goddess of us older folks.  
smile.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #146 of 265
Soniccali

I think the future flagship should be called Olympus. But it seems that one has already been taken :/ Why not call it......the Empire Ears Olympia then--the location for the Temple of Zeus. It'd seem like an appropriate continuation since the current flagship is named Zeus.

My current in ear setup is, well, an unknown brand of a Chinese iem that I received free :wink:, and the Grado sr80e. Nothing crazy.

Why I need the Zeus XR in my "collection"? I wanna be blown away by the voice of Zeus :). I haven't heard anything better than the Vsonic gr07 classics that broke 2 years ago.

A serious congrats to whoever wins... :)

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #148 of 265
In keeping with the ancient greek, roman trend, "Scylla" would be a cool name.

I currently use magaosi k3pro and used to use grado gr10e. I would like the Zeus because I've heard amazing things about it and it would be my first custom!

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #149 of 265
Doesn't Empire Ears Terra have a nice ring to it? :)

It's meaningful too, Terra is the latin name for earth and in Roman mythology the counterpart of the Greek's Gaia, ancestral mother of all life (including Uranus, Cronus or even further down the line, Zeus)

Many thanks to Empire Ears and Effect Audio for the opportunity to win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back