Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 1, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #541 of 40,686
Hello guys, I am not sure how you guys can review a CIEM when you just got it very recently. It's not a criticism at all, I just need a lot of time to get used to a sound, to compare it to other iems, with different sources and tips, over a long period of time so I can discount factors such as tiredness, mood, nose congestion, etc.

I wouldn't consider over 3 months to be recent :) I spent a few weeks with both high and low-sensitivity models for my review.

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #542 of 40,686

I wouldn't consider over 3 months to be recent :) I spent a few weeks with both high and low-sensitivity models for my review.

Why did you pick the Cerberus? I imagine 3 months ago there was no info on anything yet. Just curious. Thanks for the review!

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #544 of 40,686

Why did you pick the Cerberus? I imagine 3 months ago there was no info on anything yet. Just curious. Thanks for the review!

I can only speak for myself but when we were contacted and asked about selecting a model Jack asked very specifically what it is we enjoy in audio (along with other qualifying questions regarding our sound tastes) and recommended a model based on that. As far as me personally I think he hit the nail smack dab on the head with a sledge hammer. The Hermes fits me to a T.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #545 of 40,686

you should also try Rhapsodio Solar , from what i gather it is 'better' than K10 and cheaper

imho , K10 is like Lebron james - a great CIEM sure, but at the same time it is kinda hyped, a tad overrated and with too many fanboys around who praise it without having heard other/many TOTL iems (most of them at least) - and lebron isn't as good as they say - but you have to have a King to get the money flowing from people's pockets

then again , this has always been the case with every thing in life, right ? 
wink.gif

nice to see smaller companies getting some love (and money from people) - monopoly is never a good thing 
wink.gif

Yeah, bro, the Solar is definitely on the shortlist of must-try IEMs. I have heard a good many things about it. Might have to wait for Jason's (jelt2359) Solar to arrive before getting a chance to try them. His ears are remarkably similar to mine, so I can wear his customs just fine. Note to Jason: thanks, buddy. 
wink.gif

Anyway, regarding the K10 - it is a great IEM, no doubt. I'd like to describe it as an excellent jack of all trades. It plays almost every genre well, and has a good blend of musicality and technical prowess. However, it stands amidst fierce competition on the market these days - the Zeus, A12, Layla, Roxanne, Solar, SE5-Way Ultimate are all brilliant IEMs in their own right. It's better not to crown a best-of-the-best IMO, and just go with what your heart desires.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #546 of 40,686
Originally Posted by Army-Firedawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On a side note that anime WAS AMAZING!!!! I about cried when I learned the creator died and there wouldn't be a sequel 
frown.gif

Haven't seen it yet, but this anime (Grave of the Fireflies,1988)...
tumblr_m07s43n2A21r7fnz6o1_500.gif

...surely made this tough monkey almost cry like a little baby some years ago
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, regarding the K10 - it is a great IEM, no doubt. I'd like to describe it as an excellent jack of all trades. It plays almost every genre well, and has a good blend of musicality and technical prowess. However, it stands amidst fierce competition on the market these days - the Zeus, A12, Layla, Roxanne, Solar, SE5-Way Ultimate are all brilliant IEMs in their own right. It's better not to crown a best-of-the-best IMO, and just go with what your heart desires.

When I joined HF 2 years ago, I was searching for the perfect iem. But as there isn't and probably never will turn up such a thing (it all just depends on preferences) I dediced to look at iems, that complement each other as good as possible, in a small collection instead
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #547 of 40,686
When I joined HF 2 years ago, I was searching for the perfect iem. But as there isn't and probably never will turn up such a thing (it all just depends on preferences) I dediced to look at iems, that complement each other as good as possible, in a small collection instead :)  

Amen, brother Kerouac!!!

I fully adhere to this philosophy, as well.

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #548 of 40,686
I do feel it could be cheaper, but it depends on your area.
Perhaps you could call up other audiologists in the vicinity and compare price quotes.

For your reference, these are the lists of recommended audiologists for 65ears and JH:
http://www.jhaudio.com/collection/preferred-audiologists
http://www.1964ears.com/pages/audiologist

For anyone keeping up with my thrilling saga for an audiologist appointment, I ended up finding a closer one (Lansdowne, VA) on the 64ears recommended list. They charge $35/per mold, but they were willing to price match for me, and also had time tomorrow for an appointment.

Here's hoping all goes well!

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #550 of 40,686

Haven't seen it yet, but this anime (Grave of the Fireflies,1988)...

tumblr_m07s43n2A21r7fnz6o1_500.gif

...surely made this tough monkey almost cry like a little baby some years ago :rolleyes:
3 minutes in it made me... I won't forget that tin can.
That movie is so impactful.

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #551 of 40,686
For anyone keeping up with my thrilling saga for an audiologist appointment, I ended up finding a closer one (Lansdowne, VA) on the 64ears recommended list. They charge $35/per mold, but they were willing to price match for me, and also had time tomorrow for an appointment.

Here's hoping all goes well!

Congrats on finally finding one. It took me some time to look for one since I was out of town, but I actually found one walking distance from where I am and he had a few CIEMs for himself, so he knew what's up - perfect impressions!

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #552 of 40,686

When I joined HF 2 years ago, I was searching for the perfect iem. But as there isn't and probably never will turn up such a thing (it all just depends on preferences) I dediced to look at iems, that complement each other as good as possible, in a small collection instead
smily_headphones1.gif

Well said. Sometimes, we get so caught up with chasing the next best thing, or that incremental upgrade, that we never stop to actually appreciate what we already have on hand. There is indeed no perfect IEM, just something that suits our preferences for a period of time. 
smile.gif

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #554 of 40,686

Users who are viewing this thread

Back