Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 12, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #4,996 of 40,663
Just got pictures of my completed Spartan ADEL CIEM (I got the MAM but it's not in the pictures) from DJ and of my Infinity Series cable by Impact Audio on the same day, hope they arrive soon, so excited.

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #4,998 of 40,663
that is amazingly fast, u ordered thru empire themselves?
If you are asking about mine, I'm kind of a special case, I originally ordered back in September, mine actually delayed the completion of a "couple" orders, oops.:joy: I used custom materials, which were a pain in the ass for them to work with, and was having fit issues, which hopefully will be fixed now. But the Empire Ears build times are amazingly fast depending on what you get as long as you aren't me.

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #4,999 of 40,663
patiently waiting for my spartan, very excited cause i rediscovered my favourite album during my childhood times. cant wait to try it with spartan 
dt880smile.png

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #5,001 of 40,663
Anyone with ETD have experience with ADEL and notice a difference compared to normal closed IEMs?

I do not but ADEL(passive or active) will be healthier for your ears regardless. In case you didn't know, Asius will be releasing an inflatable version of the ADEL technology called active ADEL,people with hearing damage and loss report amazing results from it. You may want to watch out for that technology. The modules are known as passive ADEL as compared to the active inflatable ADEL.

https://youtu.be/JuReQLhNvxs

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #5,002 of 40,663
Just got pictures of my completed Spartan ADEL CIEM (I got the MAM but it's not in the pictures) from DJ and of my Infinity Series cable by Impact Audio on the same day, hope they arrive soon, so excited.

That looks amazing!

patiently waiting for my spartan, very excited cause i rediscovered my favourite album during my childhood times. cant wait to try it with spartan 
dt880smile.png

Same here my friend, waiting on my Athena too! Hopefully it will arrive in the next 2 weeks as I would be having my school break then!

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #5,003 of 40,663
Can anyone take a couple pictures of the hole the ADEL modules insert into and the innner part of the modules? I just received my Spartan ADEL and a couple things are worrying me and I'm not sure if I should be or not.

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #5,004 of 40,663
Can anyone take a couple pictures of the hole the ADEL modules insert into and the innner part of the modules? I just received my Spartan ADEL and a couple things are worrying me and I'm not sure if I should be or not.

can you post your photos so that we can take a look and see if it appears okay or not?

Dec 13, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #5,005 of 40,663
can you post your photos so that we can take a look and see if it appears okay or not?
It's really rough on the inside of the holes and the outer o-ring isn't contacting tightly, everything is kinda loose. Whenever I try to turn the knob on the MAM, the entire module spins in the hole.And there's no screen over the diaphragm of the module, if I'm remembering correctly from other pictures there is supposed to be one? Also when tightened down all the way the right module's knob sticks out farther than the left.[/IMG]

It's hard to tell looking at the pictures of the holes, so idk how helpful they will actually be.

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #5,006 of 40,663
Still waiting for my Athena MAM after 3 weeks.

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #5,008 of 40,663
Don't call Jack mam, he is a guy.

I am waiting for my Athena Adel MAM. You know the Manual adjustable module? Dj did say its almost ready and currently in the shelling stage and hope i can get it before the 20ish.

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #5,009 of 40,663
I am waiting for my Athena Adel MAM. You know the Manual adjustable module? Dj did say its almost ready and currently in the shelling stage and hope i can get it before the 20ish.

Hope yours will arrive soon! Meanwhile, I can't check the progress on mine considering I ordered from a dealer 
frown.gif

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #5,010 of 40,663
Don't call Jack mam, he is a guy.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74[/VIDEO]

It's really rough on the inside of the holes and the outer o-ring isn't contacting tightly, everything is kinda loose. Whenever I try to turn the knob on the MAM, the entire module spins in the hole.And there's no screen over the diaphragm of the module, if I'm remembering correctly from other pictures there is supposed to be one?

The pictures i have seen of MAM IIRC diaphragm is visible, might be thinking of the 1964Ears Apex modules? Pretty sure those have a mesh screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back