Elysian Annihilator 2023
Aug 31, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #47 of 848
I actually went to grab some Velvets and the results were: more sub-bass and slam. Comfort is also great.

Currently, I'm waiting for Symbio W to arrive in the mail to see how that compares. :smile:

S__19693570.jpg
Your titanium Anni is making me jealous!

The Final Type E fits really well for me and emphasises the bass further but I imagine it will kill the treble too much for most people.

I’ve never liked Spinfits and Azlas in terms of fit and comfort unfortunately. Have you tried the AEX07?

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #49 of 848
Could someone who had the opportunity................ tell me the differences between the high range of Annihilator 2023 and that of Viking Ragnar?
Thank
In short, Annihilator treble is superior in quality, but Ragnar is more present and in your face in regards to treble.

Annihilator has a more effortless ability with layering and has a more linear treble response. Very "Effortless" for lack of better words and a top contender for "best IEM treble"

Viking Ragnar is quite intense with a large mid-treble boost & peak, it sounds quite metallic and the treble has a thin character to it. It works well with acoustic music and enhances sparkle quite a bit - for better or for worse. If you're looking for high quality treble, I would not consider this a top 5 iem in this facet - it is simply a bright treble which can be fun for treble heads but it's a bit splashy and synthetic sounding. Metallic and piercing on the wrong recordings, but very detail focused on more tame recordings.

Cheers,

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 31, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #50 of 848
I feel like i got mine a little over a month after ordering? Got mine from Musicteck so i never worried having been a long time customer of theirs but the wait had me frothing at the mouth lol.
Hello. I like to ask you guys who own Annihilator, how loong time do you waiting for delivery? Because I've been waiting for a really long time. Thank you.

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #51 of 848
In short, Annihilator treble is superior in quality, but Ragnar is more present and in your face in regards to treble.

Annihilator has a more effortless ability with layering and has a more linear treble response. Very "Effortless" for lack of better words and a top contender for "best IEM treble"

Viking Ragnar is quite intense with a large mid-treble boost & peak, it sounds quite metallic and the treble has a thin character to it. It works well with acoustic music and enhances sparkle quite a bit - for better or for worse. If you're looking for high quality treble, I would not consider this a top 5 iem in this facet - it is simply a bright treble which can be fun for treble heads but it's a bit splashy and synthetic sounding. Metallic and piercing on the wrong recordings, but very detail focused on more tame recordings.

Cheers,
I don't find Ragnar's treble "tiring and tinny". I like them very much. I love the surgical detail and separation. I agree it's not the pinnacle of musicality, but Ragnar's bass and treble I wouldn't trade it for anything. That's why I was wondering (and therefore asking for your opinions and advice) if I might also like Anni2023, since I read that he has an excellent high range.

Aug 31, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #52 of 848
I don't find Ragnar's treble "tiring and tinny". I like them very much. I love the surgical detail and separation. I agree it's not the pinnacle of musicality, but Ragnar's bass and treble I wouldn't trade it for anything. That's why I was wondering (and therefore asking for your opinions and advice) if I might also like Anni2023, since I read that he has an excellent high range.
Trust me, if you'll try the Annihilator, you'll find Ragnar highs fatiguing and boring.
Annihilator has also a larger and deeper soundstage.

So globally the Annihilator is more fun and pleasant than Ragnar.

Sep 1, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #53 of 848
Where are US buyers ordering Anni 23s from at the moment? Musicteck shows sold out on all versions, and I can’t find an Elysian site to place an order..

Sep 1, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #54 of 848
IMG_4843.jpeg

Anni 2023 pairs really well with Effect Audio Fusion 1 for titanium themed.

Sep 1, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #55 of 848
I feel like i got mine a little over a month after ordering? Got mine from Musicteck so i never worried having been a long time customer of theirs but the wait had me frothing at the mouth lol.
Oh yes. When i know, that its like it is, i was order it from Musicteck 100%. But when arrive to me i will write here my story.
Where are US buyers ordering Anni 23s from at the moment? Musicteck shows sold out on all versions, and I can’t find an Elysian site to place an order..
Looooong time a go i searching Annihilator too. And my mistake was i dont know about Musicteck. So i order it directly from Elysian. You must contact Mr.Lee on facebook. He is very friendly and perfect comunication with him. Problem is, how loong you must waiting for delivery. Be ready for months. :wink:

Sep 1, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #56 of 848
I ordered them from Elise audio, the official distributor here in EU (yes, even if they're located in UK).
They said it needs 6-8 weeks to have them, I hope they aren't wrong 😅

Sep 1, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #58 of 848
Musicteck is probably the best source for you in the US. Just drop Andrew an email, he is super responsive. There will be a waiting time, no matter where you order. Probably 4-6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back