Elysian Acoustics DIVA 2023
Sep 5, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #196 of 277
DIVA 2023 landed today. Going through my playlists. It’s a pleasant IEM with good enough resolution. My friends hyped this one up to be the U12t killer. Not feeling that yet.

The nozzles are quite big though.
It’s so different from the U12t lol. It doesn’t have the techs to play with the U12t IMO but it does have vocal magic to some people and good dynamics.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #197 of 277
DIVA 2023 landed today. Going through my playlists. It’s a pleasant IEM with good enough resolution. My friends hyped this one up to be the U12t killer. Not feeling that yet.

The nozzles are quite big though.
It’s unfortunate as it’s either the best thing since sliced bread or it isn’t. Though apparently the non 2023 one is better. I wish it was easy to demo in the states other than Canjam…

Sep 5, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #198 of 277
It’s so different from the U12t lol. It doesn’t have to the techs to play with the U12t IMO but it does have vocal magic to some people and good dynamics.
vocals do sound great on these.

They requires a lot of juice to run though.

Sep 5, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #199 of 277
It’s unfortunate as it’s either the best thing since sliced bread or it isn’t. Though apparently the non 2023 one is better. I wish it was easy to demo in the states other than Canjam…
These are off the cuff remarks anyway. I’ll do all that I can to optimise it before finishing the review.

It’s a good IEM, no doubt. Easier to love than the Gaea.

Sep 5, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #200 of 277
These are off the cuff remarks anyway. I’ll do all that I can to optimise it before finishing the review.

It’s a good IEM, no doubt. Easier to love than the Gaea.
I haven’t heard the Gaea but I can see that. The Diva is pretty well-tuned.

Sep 19, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #201 of 277
Found a good match of eartips for the Diva 2023, NF Audio MS42 IEMs Silicone Eartips . Have anyone tried this one? They are very short 7.6mm, since they are a Big iem i can bring them a little more in , minimizing the shell coming out of the ear. Super comfortable

Sound wise , brings i little more bass and tamed a bit the highs. Soundstage is average but has a good midrange.

Sep 22, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #202 of 277
Howdy folks, my review of Diva 2023 is online on head-fi and my blog

Should you add a Diva 2023 to your collection? To answer this question, you need to ask yourself what you think when you hear the term “soundstage.” If you are in the camp “IEM’s soundstage is a meme” or “who care! IEM never sounds like speakers anyway”, then go ahead. To me, Diva 2023 is the quintessential “great IEM” with natural and versatile tonality, great bass response, and great detail retrieval without any harshness of shrill. If you don’t mind the large shells and the potential pressure build up of a sealed IEM design, Diva 2023 might be the one for you.

But if you, like me, pay a lot of attention to how the sonic picture of your music is presented within that limited head stage of the IEM form factor, if you want your instruments to have laser focus and razor-sharp boundary, if you want the stage to feel expansive when listening to spacious recording, then Diva 2023 might not cut it, despite all the great qualities.

Absolute Sonic Quality Rating: 4/5 (Tonality: 4, Resolution: 4, Bass: 4, Stage: 3) - Great

Bias Score: 3/5 - I’m lukewarm about this IEM

Sep 23, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #204 of 277
Does changing to the Ares 8w cable help with soundstage/resolution/details on the Diva 2023?
I have the Ares 8w and Eros 1st, Ares 8W you gain more stage ( wide ) , better resolution mids as vocals with better treble extension. The Eros S as a little better stage specially tall as more depth like a more 3D effect ! The silver does wonders in this aspect .

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #205 of 277
Does changing to the Ares 8w cable help with soundstage/resolution/details on the Diva 2023?
I didn't have time to try the 8W with Diva 2023 before sending everything back, but I can say that the 8W versions of Effect Audio produce more audible change than usual when I tested with my U12T. Given that Diva 2023 is a large IEM, it might match the aesthetic and ergonomics of the 8W cable as well. Matching with my U12T is like attaching two pebbles to a water hose.

Sep 24, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #206 of 277
I have the Ares 8w and Eros 1st, Ares 8W you gain more stage ( wide ) , better resolution mids as vocals with better treble extension. The Eros S as a little better stage specially tall as more depth like a more 3D effect ! The silver does wonders in this aspect .
is the stage significantly wider, or not by alot? does the eros s make the diva brighter?

Sep 24, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #208 of 277
is the stage significantly wider, or not by alot? does the eros s make the diva brighter?
vs de 4w , yes it’s wider , better details also , more texture in the bass. The Eros S 1st has a more 3D like feel and depth with better separation. I can’t say brighter but a little more sharp and dynamic, background seems cleaner and black.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #210 of 277
Are there any other cables you would recommend that would increase the soundstage/ treble on the Diva?
if you can take treble , i can suggest a good pure silver cable , in a lot of my other iems i use lavricables, don' t know for sure is they can do a cable with pentacon connectors. but for my use a prefer the hybrid Eros S 1st , i' m a little treble sensitive and Diva for me in white bass config , could use a bit more bass to balance the treble... so for this all silver cable could be a little to much.. but this to my ears. if you are looking for more treble and stage, maybe a Pure Silver will work for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back