Elma Ladder Atteunater Group buy
Jul 14, 2004 at 5:47 AM Post #46 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by CBMC
yeah, now the question is how many to order. I really don't want to get stuck with a ton of these(at $70+ each they can get really expensive). On the other hand I don't want people who have ordered one not to get it. I want to send these out as quick as possible which means placing the order from Elma as quickly as possible which in turn might mean ordering the pieces before I have the money in my hand.

Send the word and I'll send the money!
biggrin.gif

-Drew

Jul 14, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #47 of 182
I will start sending invoices as soon as I confirm that we have enough people. In other words as soon as I here back from the people who showed interest. Again, I really hope that I can order these by the end of this week.

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:34 PM Post #48 of 182
Just talked to Elma and Mike was out until tommorow. My rough estimate would be around $79 shipped($80 for insured priority).($1 per from Elma, $5 per from me insured first class(add $1 for insured priority), $2.50 for any paypal fees), and about .50 for packing). If you pay using a method other than paypal $2.50 can be deducted and so on. Again that is just an estimate and I will let you know as soon as I talk to Elma. Obviously if you have more than one item ordered shipping will be less. I will send out those paypal invoices also when I talk to Mike at Elma. Just thought I should keep you up to date. I am thinking of ordering 27 attenuators at this point. That number could change though.

Jul 14, 2004 at 9:33 PM Post #50 of 182
The switches are less than a pound, $3.85 priority mail is pretty easy since you get the supplies for free. Just be sure to cover your cost on peanuts.
smily_headphones1.gif

That's how the last group buy went and it worked out well.

Jul 14, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #51 of 182
where do you live? my dad's company manufactures packaging protection stuff and it would be better and more compact to ship this stuff.... i could send the end of a roll to you if you aren't too far away

to see it go to geami.com

peanuts take up way too much space, shift in transit and aren't evironmentally friendly

Jul 15, 2004 at 3:05 AM Post #52 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by ITZBITZ
The switches are less than a pound, $3.85 priority mail is pretty easy since you get the supplies for free. Just be sure to cover your cost on peanuts.
smily_headphones1.gif

That's how the last group buy went and it worked out well.

I noticed that the last group buy used insurance which is $2.20 up to $100 which would cover the switch. I definitely feel much more comfortable shipping these with insurance. USPS has already lost one of my packages valued at $200 and it was not insured and I sure wish I would have insured it. For $2.20 it is not only worth the the buyers ease of mind but also saves me the trouble if a package doesn't turn up.

Jul 15, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #53 of 182
has the order been confermed yet? because one of the teachers at my school will prob want one, but i'm not sure, if you could wait until sometime next week i could tell you.

Jul 15, 2004 at 6:30 PM Post #56 of 182
Just talked to Elma and got price quote. Looks like $79(1st class), $80(priority) was about right. One slight problem, they only have 31 switches in stock. The man told me that if I wanted more there would be a 2-3 week lead time. Since we are right at 31 buyers now we should be ok. If we get to 32 I will give one of my switches to someone else and just wait for the backordered shipment. Sending invoices now to the 29 accounted for.

Jul 15, 2004 at 7:41 PM Post #58 of 182
paid the paypal request.
biggrin.gif

buying in bulk isn't too bad... saved $20 on shipping (insured too) versus the price of getting just one.

now... on to the resistor group buy. do all amps use the same values (I would want it to work with all types of cans so that has to be taken into account) and what about the dynahi since I hear that outputs at a higher level than most other amps?

Jul 15, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #59 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999

now... on to the resistor group buy. do all amps use the same values (I would want it to work with all types of cans so that has to be taken into account) and what about the dynahi since I hear that outputs at a higher level than most other amps?

I don't know what value pot is suggested in the dynahi. I was kind of wondering the same thing. I know in the ppa the default value is 50k. In a gainclone I believe it is 20k or 25k. Thanks for the payment.

Jul 15, 2004 at 10:07 PM Post #60 of 182
all paid.

i'll be interested in a resistors group buy too.

i'm going to use mine for a PPA at first, but I'd like to keep my options open in case I want to move it over to another amp.

thanks for doing this CBMC, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back