Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jul 29, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #2,896 of 6,987
Quote:
Well, that was something. :O

EDIT - That was the most amazing thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

EDIT EDIT - So, yeah I just bought Contrapasso.

It's great you enjoy the music. The album is excellent.

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #2,897 of 6,987
Quote:
It's great you enjoy the music. The album is excellent.

I greatly enjoyed it. That is actually making me rethink the direction I was taking in producing my own music. I don't have high quality analog equipment or anything, but such a style of electronic based music as this is really inspiring. 

Jul 29, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #2,898 of 6,987
Quote:
I greatly enjoyed it. That is actually making me rethink the direction I was taking in producing my own music. I don't have high quality analog equipment or anything, but such a style of electronic based music as this is really inspiring. 

My cousin is currently studying composition and music technology in London, and Symbion Project has been one of his biggest musical influences for years now. He has actually been in contact with the man himself (Kasson Crooker) via email and my cousin told me that he's a really great guy. If I didn't misunderstand something, Kasson even sent him musical notations for one of his songs when my cousin asked him.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #2,899 of 6,987
Quote:
My cousin is currently studying composition and music technology in London, and Symbion Project has been one of his biggest musical influences for years now. He has actually been in contact with the man himself (Kasson Crooker) via email and my cousin told me that he's a really great guy. If I didn't misunderstand something, Kasson even sent him musical notations for one of his songs when my cousin asked him.

That's awesome. Unfortunately, I don't have these kinds of resources around where I live. I'm studying UNIX development in computer science and my universities's music college is mainly towards actual instrumentation and not technologies or audio engineering. So, it's all internet learning for me. :D

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #2,900 of 6,987

Here is some pleasant ambient from MLT.  The song is called Sardonia.  I first heard in on the mix album Chill on Ice from Cosmicleaf Records.

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #2,901 of 6,987

Here is some pleasant ambient from MLT.  The song is called Sardonia.  I first heard in on the mix album Chill on Ice from Cosmicleaf Records.

I'm gonna have to check out that mix album. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #2,903 of 6,987
My local sports radio station is using Boregore's Glory Hole as music in one of their promos right now after Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboy's Owner) used the term glory hole in a session with the media. Making me giggle each time I hear it.

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #2,905 of 6,987
Here are three tracks from AVTechNO!'s recently released album IVVVI. The artist seldom makes instrumental songs, so these three are a bit of a departure from how she typically writes music.

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #2,907 of 6,987
Quote:

Huge new Trancestep from SevenLions!

You guys enjoy!

Love Seven Lions, excellent producer, so much emotion.
Quote:
My local sports radio station is using Boregore's Glory Hole as music in one of their promos right now after Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboy's Owner) used the term glory hole in a session with the media. Making me giggle each time I hear it.

That's great haha.

Quote:
Its ridiculous how much great music I have been introduced to in this thread.

Good :)

Edit:

To the person who mentioned Amon Tobin on the last page, thank you, I've been listening to a lot of his work today, awesome stuff.

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #2,908 of 6,987
Quote:
I'm gonna have to check out that mix album. Thanks for sharing.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I really have enjoyed the majority of music from that label.  Side Liner is another good artist.  I'm listening to his album, Crying Cities.  It is perfect for studying since it isn't overly complex, which is one of the things I really like about a lot of ambient.  The song below is track 2 from said album, Highway Dreams.

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #2,910 of 6,987
Electronic was the first music genre I got really into. I was introduced to house music by a friend when I was about 10.
normal_smile .gif

More recently I've mostly listened to Trance of all types. 

The only stuff I havn't listened to much is ambient / downtempo and I'm keen to try it. What are some of the artists I should be looking for? (I already have a lot of BT)

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back