Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jul 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #2,881 of 6,987
I'm just gonna post this again, mostly because released very soon and it's amazing. I've been looking for this kind of style in Dubstep for a while and very, very few can pull it off. Sounds like an even more melodic, and epic, Torqux. Glad to see Lifted is finding the best new talent these days, big ups!

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #2,882 of 6,987
The Weeknd - High For This

Thought I'd drop into this ever so welcoming thread to say I listened to the Echoes of Silence album last night and I was fairly blown away! He has very raw lyrics going on with pretty defined referencing. Was really different and I appreaciate you posting this up as I never would of known about The Weeknd otherwise.

Thank you.

:smile:

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #2,883 of 6,987
Really like this one. 

I can't remember if anyone tossed this one up either. Really love it. Dream kicks out some jams, man. I loved the very Hardstyle-esque saw melody and then when it drops it's just fun. Reminded me of Trolley Snatcha.

And the track's free ya'll.

Quote:
I'm just gonna post this again, mostly because released very soon and it's amazing. I've been looking for this kind of style in Dubstep for a while and very, very few can pull it off. Sounds like an even more melodic, and epic, Torqux. Glad to see Lifted is finding the best new talent these days, big ups!

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #2,884 of 6,987
Finally getting the chance to give this new Feed Me mix a listen. Really looking forward to these tunes dropping. They sound better than his last EP...Also...he just dropped in the AWOL Nation tune. Waaaaaaaaaat.

EDIT: And another fun little note. I've now heard 'Wanna Die For You' by Netsky twice in American commercials now. Makes me giggle a bit.

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #2,885 of 6,987
Quote:
Finally getting the chance to give this new Feed Me mix a listen. Really looking forward to these tunes dropping. They sound better than his last EP...Also...he just dropped in the AWOL Nation tune. Waaaaaaaaaat.

EDIT: And another fun little note. I've now heard 'Wanna Die For You' by Netsky twice in American commercials now. Makes me giggle a bit.

Same, loving the appreciation for good music, and that bootleg of Awol Nation is sick.

Laptop headphone out has been broken for a few days now, guess I have to buy an E10 or something of the sort.

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #2,888 of 6,987
Quote:

Good song, great channel.

Agreed. I have like hundreds of channels I follow. It's the only way to efficiently find all the songs there are to find.

3 very different styles of dubyness. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #2,889 of 6,987
Thought I'd post something and I haven't seen much Aphex while I've been following this thread, so...

Music starts at about 4:22. Wish that song in the beginning (starts just after a minute in) was a full mix, but some people have tried to make some remixes of it and this is probably the best I've seen:

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #2,891 of 6,987
Quote:
Thought I'd post something and I haven't seen much Aphex while I've been following this thread, so...

-snip-

Music starts at about 4:22. Wish that song in the beginning (starts just after a minute in) was a full mix, but some people have tried to make some remixes of it and this is probably the best I've seen:

-snip-

Me and a few others discussed him earlier in the thread. I like that song a lot. I never got fully into him, but he has some pretty good stuff.

Jul 29, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #2,892 of 6,987
One of my favorite Ambient artists. I'm a big fan. We tend to discuss him once in awhile around here.

Quote:

As for the norm...Check this out guys.

http://www.thissongslaps.com/2012/07/flinch-underwater-ep/

Free Flinch EP that's actually pretty damn good. Give it a listen. 

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #2,894 of 6,987
Here are two tracks by Symbion Project from the album Contrapasso. The album was made using solely analog synthesizers (plus human voice on a couple of tracks). Also, there's nothing wrong with the audio in the first song.

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #2,895 of 6,987
Quote:
Here are two tracks by Symbion Project from the album Contrapasso. The album was made using solely analog synthesizers (plus human voice on a couple of tracks). Also, there's nothing wrong with the audio in the first song.

Well, that was something. :O

EDIT - That was the most amazing thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

EDIT EDIT - So, yeah I just bought Contrapasso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back