Eddie Current Zana Deux owners
Jul 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #1,321 of 2,605
Sorry maybe it was Grokit or someone else-your avatars always confuse me. Either way I'd love to hear your impressions of the T1/Zana combo if you get a chance. I will be sure to down the line as well.

-Daniel

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #1,322 of 2,605
I'm just curious what they sound like, hopefully i will be able to plug them into the Zana.  I have made my headphone purchases for the year i think already, es10's for when i don't want to take the Ed8's out and i got a pair of W3000anv's which pair very well with the Zana Deux.....i didn't think they would i was going to pair them with the Violectric V200, who knew?  Pretty happy about that.

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #1,323 of 2,605
I'd like to replace the RS1i with a T1 at some point. They don't appear to come up as frequently as they once did in the F/S forums.

We all seem to work so hard on optimizing the HD800, that I sometimes forget what the end goal is. The B22, according to other reviewers, offers more body and weight than the Zana in the lower registers. If it wasn't for the HD800 and it's underwhelming bass (particularly instrumental bass, not synthetic) I doubt I would have purchased the B22. Lately I've resigned myself to the limits of the HD800. I have enough ambient, electronic and classical albums to give me long lasting satisfaction with the HD800's, even if it doesn't hit that organic chord with something like Charles Mingus. Maybe we all hold the HD800 to higher expectations? It seems more forgiving for other cans to have shortcomings. 

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #1,324 of 2,605
I just receive my amp, wait about a month

NO.54:

Glad to join with you guys. I customize the volume control into Penny & Giles RF15 and bypass the input 3 which means I only have one pre-amp output.
Great sounding with HD800. I shall have a good time with this amp for a long time.

Jul 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #1,325 of 2,605
Quote:
I just receive my amp

NO.54:

Glad to join with you guys. I customize the volume control into Penny & Giles RF15 and bypass the input 3 which means I only have one pre-amp output.
Great sounding with HD800. I shall have a good time with this amp for a long time.

Gorgeous! I am looking forward to your impressions after you have a few hours on it!

Jul 20, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #1,326 of 2,605
Welcome to the club.  Kinda stark for me at first, needed a little burn in for me to handle it, but since then years of bliss.

Edit-I had never really believed in "burn in" but noticeable difference after 200 hrs.

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #1,328 of 2,605
#55 in the house!
atsmile.gif
An all-black beauty!

Questions: How are we supposed to run the tubes in at first? Thought there was a specific method of only putting certain tubes in for x amount of time, then the others....
Why is there no owners manual?!?!?!?! Can't seem to find one on the Eddie Current site either.

-Daniel

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #1,329 of 2,605
Quote:
#55 in the house!
atsmile.gif
An all-black beauty!

Questions: How are we supposed to run the tubes in at first? Thought there was a specific method of only putting certain tubes in for x amount of time, then the others....
Why is there no owners manual?!?!?!?! Can't seem to find one on the Eddie Current site either.

-Daniel

Congratulations!  Pictures Please...

popcorn.gif

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #1,331 of 2,605
I put all my tubes in and turned it on, of course I had white smoke come out of mine. 
blink.gif

Turned out it was nothing, but I managed to break a tube in the process.  Email Craig, he's good about answering.

Edit: small typo.

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #1,332 of 2,605
Quote:
I put all my tubes in and turned it on, of course I had white smoke come out of mine. 
blink.gif

Turned out it was nothing, but I managed to break a tube in the process.  Email Craig, he's god about answering.

What is the reason for the white smoke? You experience may help us in preventing tube breakage in the future. Many thanks!

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #1,334 of 2,605
Jul 28, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #1,335 of 2,605
So far just my HD 800s. I'm not really doing much listening yet since I'm so busy at work, and the amp is burning in. I plan on rebuying both a T1 and AD2000 ASAP though. My AGD SA-1 dac arrives next week to complete my setup. I will say that even though the ZDSE is running with the stock tube, not burned in, from just my SBT's analog outs-this is the first time I've had a head-bobbing/foot-tapping experience with the Senns-surely a good sign. I'll refrain from more impressions til I tube roll after burn in and my dac comes.

PS: This thing is a BEAUTY in person!

-Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back