Eddie Current - Black Widow, Solid State Headphone AMP Impressions Thread
Jan 17, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #76 of 363
Thx Ray, I am pretty excited. However, I wasn't aware the dual SE/balanced option was going away. It looks like it is still there in the rendering.

The dual output is a big deal for me having moved from a balanced mjolnir standardized on balanced cables. The SE as well provides great versatility in auditioning HPs. Are you sure the balanced output is gone?

Marv confirmed that with us, there will be a Jensen isobox sold separately if anyone still chooses to use xlr. Shat phones are you pairing with the amp. My chain will be BW>bimby>800,650,t1, 560.

He said there won't be a balanced INPUT. Output socket should still be there.

Enjoyed the BW1 through the Yggy and my HD650s at a meet. I'll need to do a better comparison with my Carbon when the BW2 comes out.

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #77 of 363
Thx Ray, I am pretty excited. However, I wasn't aware the dual SE/balanced option was going away. It looks like it is still there in the rendering.

The dual output is a big deal for me having moved from a balanced mjolnir standardized on balanced cables. The SE as well provides great versatility in auditioning HPs. Are you sure the balanced output is gone?

Marv confirmed that with us, there will be a Jensen isobox sold separately if anyone still chooses to use xlr. Shat phones are you pairing with the amp. My chain will be BW>bimby>800,650,t1, 560.

Enjoyed the BW1 through the Yggy and my HD650s at a meet. I'll need to do a better comparison with my Carbon when the BW2 comes out.

Bummer, then for my purposes I am lucky I chose the original version then.

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #78 of 363

Ok, I did see the upgrade option for the balanced input. Maybe we are confusing the input with the output discussion.

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #87 of 363
I asked craig and he told that BW will not have this option....weird...
From what I was told they didn't have enough room on the front of the unit to include the xlr plug. Hence the offer for the optional iso box. They are pretty adamant that audible differences are less than 2% between balanced and se.

Mar 3, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #88 of 363
Yes, that is correct. I believe their future amp the so called copperhead will have that option. I've been waiting since May of last year for this amp.

From what I was told they didn't have enough room on the front of the unit to include the xlr plug. Hence the offer for the optional iso box. They are pretty adamant that audible differences are less than 2% between balanced and se.

Yep, from what i heard no XLR input due to space constraints but there would be a 4-pin balanced out next to the SE out of course.
No option for a P&G pot as well, again due to space constraints.

Copperhead? Please do tell me more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back