EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Jan 10, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #721 of 1,544
They are like two favorite pairs of jeans so I wouldn't say I prefer one over the other.
What is clear is that the MH335DW is more comfortable but that could be due to its closed mouth impressions or any myriad of reasons. What I am saying is that with the huge price difference you'd expect a huge "sound quality" difference between the two but I love both.

Makes sense. These two have very very different sound signatures.

Jan 10, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #722 of 1,544
I'd like to think they're burnt in now though I don't believe in burn-in. Unfortunately I'm also not into descriptions of sound in terms of separation, soundstage, roll offs, bleeds etc leaving that to more capable reviewers. What I will say is that I don't detect any serious deficiency as I go through all genres of music, different resolutions of music (128 to FLAC to DSD), different combos of DAPs, DACs and amps. And for half the price of my MH335DW, it is definitely not merely half the "sound quality" however one defines sound quality. Needless to say, price does not equate to quality.

I hope that helps.

Hey georgelai57,

Give the Legend R a good 50 hours of play (in doses of 10 hours each time, say run them in during your sleep hours).
Listen to them now, take a mental snapshot of how it sounds. Repeat the burn-in process till 50 hours is up, try hearing them again.
You'll be surprised how they open up. The best is yet to come. 
regular_smile .gif

They are like two favorite pairs of jeans so I wouldn't say I prefer one over the other.
What is clear is that the MH335DW is more comfortable but that could be due to its closed mouth impressions or any myriad of reasons. What I am saying is that with the huge price difference you'd expect a huge "sound quality" difference between the two but I love both.

The Legend R and MH335DW, couldn't be more different and they make great partners. 
Nice combo of customs to have. 
L3000.gif

Jan 10, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #723 of 1,544
@Kenz

My mental memory ain't so good. The problem too is that I listen to a LOT of music of all sorts of genres, resolution, and hardware combos. It is very difficult for me to remain with one genre/rez/HW etc. I think others will be able to answer you better in that area. But thanks for the advice.

Yeah, two awesome partners, these and the 335. Now, shall it be a twosome or a threesome? Hmmm.

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #724 of 1,544
Just out of curiosity, how do the Legend-R and MH335DW sound different?  I always kind of regretted not getting one of the FitEar products when I lived in Japan and I refused to pay the markup price in Europe.

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #725 of 1,544
  Just out of curiosity, how do the Legend-R and MH335DW sound different?  I always kind of regretted not getting one of the FitEar products when I lived in Japan and I refused to pay the markup price in Europe.

The MH335DW is typically has what would be called as a warm signature.
That means forward mids, impactful and plain lows and sub bass and highs that do not have a great extension.
To sum it up, the MH335DW gives coloration to your music, it isn't neutral and I would not define it as a natural sounding CIEM. Moreover, the listening sessions can quickly become a bit tiring because of that warmer sound signature.
On the other hand, the Legend R would belong to the family of more neutral sounding CIEMs, with a quite natural signature. The sound will appear to have less density and to be sharper. But you'll gain airiness and details.

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #726 of 1,544
Hi all,

I'm into the 10 hour mark of burning into my Legend R and all I can say that it's really awesome. The initial impression was that it was kind of dark or rather veiled but suddenly and just suddenly it's all starting to open up and it's sounding so much more pleasant and refined. I'm beginning to enjoy it so much more. The recommended hours for it to be burned in is about 50 hours and I honestly can't wait. Highly recommended CIEM to get if you're considering one in 2015

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #727 of 1,544
Hi all,

I'm into the 10 hour mark of burning into my Legend R and all I can say that it's really awesome. The initial impression was that it was kind of dark or rather veiled but suddenly and just suddenly it's all starting to open up and it's sounding so much more pleasant and refined. I'm beginning to enjoy it so much more. The recommended hours for it to be burned in is about 50 hours and I honestly can't wait. Highly recommended CIEM to get if you're considering one in 2015

Great to hear that, iichigoz. 
regular_smile .gif

The magic starts at 100 hours. And it keeps getting better and better. 
L3000.gif

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #728 of 1,544
No need to be jealous. Save up until you can purchase it if cost is an issue. If cost is not an issue, then I am not sure what you're waiting for. Hope you'll be a part of the club soon!
bigsmile_face.gif

Haha i was waiting for my supra to arrive as im not sure if my ear impressions are done right. I was planning to get both the supra and the legend thats why haha. Dont wanna have to send both back for a refit if the first one wasnt done right lols.

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #729 of 1,544
Haha i was waiting for my supra to arrive as im not sure if my ear impressions are done right. I was planning to get both the supra and the legend thats why haha. Dont wanna have to send both back for a refit if the first one wasnt done right lols.

Don't wait man. Their workmanship is really really good. The best that I've known of so far. Quite confident that they won't get it wrong. Mine fits in like it's part of my ears man. Haha

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #730 of 1,544

Why do you believe that your impressions were not created correctly? What process was used to create the impressions? Did you have the audiologist retake impressions if you feel they were not created correctly? Did you email Jack pictures of the impressions? If so, what did he say?

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #731 of 1,544
Don't wait man. Their workmanship is really really good. The best that I've known of so far. Quite confident that they won't get it wrong. Mine fits in like it's part of my ears man. Haha

ZzmadzZ has a valid concern if his/her impressions aren't correctly made because that will mean there will be a higher possibility of needing refits. Hopefully he/she will shed some light regarding his/her impression process and answering the questions above.

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #732 of 1,544
ZzmadzZ has a valid concern if his impressions aren't correctly made because that will mean there will be a higher possibility of needing refits. Hopefully he/she will shed some light regarding the impression process and answering the questions above.

Its was done by digisound in Singapore. Hmm, Jack said the impression is perfect, he already received it but as this was my first time doing the ear impressions i'm not certain if it was done correctly, although the entire ear impression process was done as what was recommended and the impression were very very deep. The issue is i'm just afraid that it won't fit me well or something just paranoid i guess. Hahaha

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #733 of 1,544
Its was done by digisound in Singapore. Hmm, Jack said the impression is perfect, he already received it but as this was my first time doing the ear impressions i'm not certain if it was done correctly, although the entire ear impression process was done as what was recommended and the impression were very very deep. The issue is i'm just afraid that it won't fit me well or something just paranoid i guess. Hahaha

If Jack says the impressions were okay, and the impression was very deep, then you should be good to go. Now there is no excuse to not get the Legend R (including paranoia), based on what I've read from you. :bigsmile_face:

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #734 of 1,544

I did it the other way around. Legend R first and since it fitted well, I ordered the Supra!

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #735 of 1,544
I did it the other way around. Legend R first and since it fitted well, I ordered the Supra!

Haha! I paid for the supra kickstarter before I got to hear the legend and realized how awesome it was thus getting it later then the supra!

Heard many horror stories on misfit custom shells so needed the first set to be perfect before getting the second if not I will be without both pieces at the same time!

The horrors of having 2 iem in front of you but not fitting is something I don't wanna experience hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back