Earsonics
Mar 9, 2010 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

Zeo

New Head-Fier
Dear all,

Being a music addict, I'm very interested in in-ear monitors.

Everything started with sennheiser IE and CX series, moving to Westone ES2, and some UE.

Well, I think that a brand is higly missing in all your comparative :

Earsonics.

Not to be rude, but the earsonic touch (or the Franck lopez touch) has to be taken in account.

When it comes to custom, the EM2 pro are probably the best monitors I've owned.(Clarity, neutral)
When it comes to universal, the earsonics SM2 and SM3 delivers precises, longs, non sibilents high and medium, with a clear and sharp bass line.

From my point of view, SM3 are above UM3x, the same way thant EM3 Pro are above the ES3x : they suceed in presenting a very detailled soundstage (instead of UE and Westone short highs and middle) and providing accurate bass, but with still a warm sound.

As audiophile, I'm quite surprised nobody mentions this products when analysing the market offering.

Again, I'm not affiliated to Earsonics or selling their products, I'm just a music addict who enjoy everyday earsonic quality.

When I see a topic "Top-Tier Universal IEM Discussion/Comparison " without SM2 and SM3, I think that this information was missing.

Regards.

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #4 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.....When I see a topic "Top-Tier Universal IEM Discussion/Comparison " without SM2 and SM3, I think that this information was missing.

Please do post this on that thread also, in order to get people talking about these IEM's.

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #5 of 72
Well, Earsonics are not as widely known as a few other companies - in fact there are many companies which we know nothing about out there and they never get recognition. I agree that the SM2 is amazing, but that is the first and last experience I have with Earsonics.

Great strong, but detailed mids and bass and non-tweaky highs. Excellent iem.

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #6 of 72
True, I also found the SM2 to be superior to any universal offering I have tried or owned (IE8, X10, ER4, UM3(x), Triple.Fi...) and well, I have been very vocal about my preference of the EM3pro's (which I will review soon) over the JH13pro's.

I also dont know why they are not mentioned, could it be the "freedom" fries syndrome, or simply because Earsonics has not marketed their products well beyond France. I also hope that I could share my views on them with other people here...

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #7 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, I also found the SM2 to be superior to any universal offering I have tried or owned (IE8, X10, ER4, UM3(x), Triple.Fi...) and well, I have been very vocal about my preference of the EM3pro's (which I will review soon) over the JH13pro's.

I also dont know why they are not mentioned, could it be the "freedom" fries syndrome, or simply because Earsonics has not marketed their products well beyond France. I also hope that I could share my views on them with other people here...

well i dont think its a "we hate the french" issue although i somewhat do (once lived in halls with a collection of french people and just wow, no other words than just wow.) its that earsonics dont market or even attempt to sell their products outside france.

as i have often said, if a company makes it clear it doesnt want my money i have no problem not giving it to them

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #8 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as i have often said, if a company makes it clear it doesnt want my money i have no problem not giving it to them

As I understand this statement, you prefer to support a large corporate company with resources to do marketing (which is most of the time disguised lies) like Senn, AT, UE, Westone... than supporting a small, dedicated and passionate business.

Sorry, but in IMO this mundane, banal and common mindset exemplifies many things that are wrong with the world!

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #9 of 72
Quote:

As I understand this statement, you prefer to support a large corporate company with resources to do marketing (which is most of the time disguised lies) like Senn, AT, UE, Westone... than supporting a small, dedicated and passionate business.

Sorry, but in IMO this mundane, banal and common mindset exemplifies many things that are wrong with the world!

what i mean is some companys seem to go out of their way to not sell products outside their chosen market. examples include grado, (much more expensive outside the US) westone (same as grado) audio technica (not selling things outside japan) jvc (same) pannasonic (same)

the UK has lots of earphone selling companys and if earsonics cant persuade one of them to carry them, get anyone outside of france to review them them why would i or anyone else hunt them out. most people have never heard of them even around here and on the back of one or two reviews only i do not feel compelled to buy one if not the most expensive IEM out there.

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #10 of 72
^ Could it be that the reason they don't market them more widely is because they would not be able to cope with demand? Many small companies don't want to expand beyond a certain point for various valid reasons...

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #11 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i dont think its a "we hate the french" issue although i somewhat do (once lived in halls with a collection of french people and just wow, no other words than just wow.) its that earsonics dont market or even attempt to sell their products outside france.

I'm speachless.

I give up, I was just sharing ideas. I do not want to read some racist based judgement.

As far as I'm concerned : racist==stupid/slow minded people.

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #12 of 72
@Zeo, I do sincerely hope that you write a more detailed review. I am very interested in the Earsonics after reading the reviews of SM2 and GuyDebord's review of EM3Pro.

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #13 of 72
Quote:

I think it very much has to do with the fact that this board being English-based will primarily be influenced by the most vocal constituent countries: American and England. The boards is mostly populated by Americans and next? Canadians? Brits? Maybe, but these boards are strengthened mainly by American companies or companies who have penetrated far into the American market.

Next in line is the fact that in the HiFi world and certainly the headphone world, only three countries are REAL powerhouses: Germany, Japan, and the USA. Other countries certainly make headphones and earphones, but they are much smaller and less influential for the same reasons: they aren't marketing to the English speaking world and probably aren't even selling there.

If Earsonics aim to get big, it will be costly and hard to enter the market, especially when the market is full of similar earphones. Still, as has been the case with Jays, big pushes and great successes can be made, even way out of your home country.

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #14 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Next in line is the fact that in the HiFi world and certainly the headphone world, only three countries are REAL powerhouses: Germany, Japan, and the USA. Other countries certainly make headphones and earphones, but they are much smaller and less influential for the same reasons: they aren't marketing to the English speaking world and probably aren't even selling there.

Is that a joke or a complete lack of education on history and innovation of hifi ?
(Germany probably for history, agree on this)

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #15 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that a joke or a complete lack of education on history and innovation of hifi ?
(Germany probably for history, agree on this)

I DO NOT believe he was trying to say that these countires are the best, or provide the best innovation. I believe his statement is based on just headphone manufacturers, not audio equipment in general. I believe he is correct in his statement.

When I think of headphones, the most popular choices I can think of are:

Beyerdynamic: German
Sennheiser: German
Grado: USA
Denon: Japan/USA
Audio Technica: Japan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back