EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
Jan 13, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,037 of 1,260
I was using the JVC Spiral Dots tips until now because, with the stock cable, they made the soundstage bigger, although the mids went just a bit more behind and the bass body and punch was smaller than I would like.
But now I have the 8 wire copper Vitesse cable from Null Audio and the sound with the Spiral Dots became too laid back and diffuse so...I put the stock double flange tips back and now with this new cable the soundstage (probably the thing more criticized here, as a TOTL contender I was expecting it to be bigger) is great. And mids are not much behind (perfect position for me). And the bass has a really nice punch (and reach lower freqs with this cable). Very happy with this new cable and the stock tips, my favourite signature, big and powerful sound with great details, really dynamic sound!

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #1,038 of 1,260
I am really liking the new ES silicone tips 
smily_headphones1.gif

I never had any problems with the gray biflanges, but the silicones have a cleaner and punchier bass response, where the biflanges are a bit warmer. Plus they are a bit more comfortable.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #1,039 of 1,260
  I am really liking the new ES silicone tips 
smily_headphones1.gif

I never had any problems with the gray biflanges, but the silicones have a cleaner and punchier bass response, where the biflanges are a bit warmer. Plus they are a bit more comfortable.

Are these the tips that come standard if you bought the S-EM9 mid 2016, or did ES just release a new type of standard tip? 

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #1,040 of 1,260
  Are these the tips that come standard if you bought the S-EM9 mid 2016, or did ES just release a new type of standard tip? 

EarSonics recently released new silicone tips, they look like pretty common black silicone tips but they work well. 

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #1,043 of 1,260
I was using the JVC Spiral Dots tips until now because, with the stock cable, they made the soundstage bigger, although the mids went just a bit more behind and the bass body and punch was smaller than I would like.
But now I have the 8 wire copper Vitesse cable from Null Audio and the sound with the Spiral Dots became too laid back and diffuse so...I put the stock double flange tips back and now with this new cable the soundstage (probably the thing more criticized here, as a TOTL contender I was expecting it to be bigger) is great. And mids are not much behind (perfect position for me). And the bass has a really nice punch (and reach lower freqs with this cable). Very happy with this new cable and the stock tips, my favourite signature, big and powerful sound with great details, really dynamic sound!
 8 wire coppe cable is cool

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #1,044 of 1,260
Hi guys, after reading 50 pages of sem9 thread, there is one question i care about: andromeda or sem9? I have sem6 now and very happy with them due to its no earbleeding powerfull sound, but some kinda of audiophilie itch push me to try this iems.

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #1,045 of 1,260
They are different animals, sound signatures are different but both equally awesome.
andromeda is more airy, sparkle, spacious soundstage,  doesn't sound like your typical BA IEM.
S-EM9 is extremely precise, detailed, fast, tight, clear.  The bass and sub bass hits hard and is very tight.

these two are my favorite IEMs, but I ended up getting the andromeda bcs I got a good deal on it.  In a perfect world I would own both of them.

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,047 of 1,260
Hi guys, after reading 50 pages of sem9 thread, there is one question i care about: andromeda or sem9? I have sem6 now and very happy with them due to its no earbleeding powerfull sound, but some kinda of audiophilie itch push me to try this iems.

+1 as @fastwrx25 the S-EM9 sound nothing like the S-EM6.

S-EM6 are much darker and with significantly thicker mids. S-EM9 is significantly more lively, bass have more impact, tighter and the highs are so detailed yet delicate.
Not sure if the new S-EM6 that have been announced by earsonics will have a different tuning, btw.

@flinkenick S-EM9 review has a nice comparison to the Andromeda if I remember correctly, check it out!

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #1,049 of 1,260
thx! i think SEm9 would be graet for metal  genres
as said earsonics official, sem 6 v 2 has neutral flat sound.. very interesting

one of the best IEM I have heard for aggressive music like metal (but I haven't heard many other high budget IEM)

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #1,050 of 1,260
one of the best IEM I have heard for aggressive music like metal (but I haven't heard many other high budget IEM)

The S-EM9 is the absolute best IEM for metal. It has the clarity, detail, speed and punch that almost anyone would say is the key to good metal sound. 

I've heard most higher end IEM's except the more obscure ones and the S-EM9's just blow the rest away. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back