Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
May 24, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #481 of 1,656
Tell me exactly what is being assumed, because I only mention the results, which are facts of the product. 

It's a silly game that can be played, but the point of the matter is that these lack technical proficency, from a objective standpoint, we can run circles around that all we want, but that will stand for now.

The subjective experience, preference, attachment, etc. is a another matter one shoudn't displace another.

May 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #482 of 1,656
Or, you could simply go back and re-read your own posts. You've passed more than one comment with regards to their performance, which only deserves any merit if you've actually listened to them. Aside from pointing out an apparent dip, on what basis can you judge their performance without actually hearing them at all?

May 24, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #483 of 1,656
Or, you could simply go back and re-read your own posts. You've passed more than one comment with regards to their performance, which only deserves any merit if you've actually listened to them. Aside from pointing out an apparent dip, on what basis can you judge their performance without actually hearing them at all?

Performance based on the cold facts of the product, me listening to them isn't going to make the notch disapper all of a sudden, I have a vast experience with the data to know what to expect. Is it everything? No, but in this case, good enough for me. That distortion level will be heard, the out of phase channel, etc. it's just to big to miss, it's not going to change anything.  If a car can't hit 0-60 in say 5 seconds, me driviing it isn't all of a sudden going to change that.

May 24, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #486 of 1,656
I have not followed this thread for some time, , but I have been a fan and follower rin's blog. I have also heard the SM64 myself. I have fully expected these reactions after rin posted the measurements. But why do we need all this chaos? We all can preach what we believe, but there is no need to force it down other ppl's throats. Those who believe graphs are the holy bible of audio, good for you since utilising graphs is important in developing and improving products. Those who rely on subjective listening, good for you too cos you can sit down and enjoy your music. I think SM64 sounded quite good. But those graphs can be useful, for ES as a lesson in developing future products. We all can have our own opinion and share it, but please dont force it.

May 24, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #487 of 1,656
Agreed.  Let's call it quits please on the graphs and get back to talking about Impressions which is what this thread is titled.

I listened to these for an hour today and I always marvel at the smooth and full bass and the amount of clarity achieved while still maintaining a dynamic and engaging mid range.  These are simply marvelous earphones.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 24, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #488 of 1,656
Quote:
... When someone chooses to critique a earphone you like they're critiquing the earphone not your family so lets please keep whats said on here in perspective...

I hope you realise that for some people their phones are equally, if not more important than their family — I'm sure you still remember that custom title given to someone (not long ago) that went more or less like this: "He loves his [favourite IEM] and [favourite DAP] so much that he will surely marry them".

May 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #491 of 1,656
Quote:

I hope you realise that for some people their phones are equally, if not more important than their family — I'm sure you still remember that custom title given to someone (not long ago) that went more or less like this: "He loves his [favourite IEM] and [favourite DAP] so much that he will surely marry them".

Some folks act like their IEM is connected to their pacemaker - dis it and die - lol.
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #493 of 1,656
And this is exactly why some of us choose to refute the 'measurement over ears' argument. I honestly don't think I've come across a more misleading post, as of yet. This is exactly what the issue boils down to, because the few here who swear by measurements DO (unfortunately) have an influence on the reader(s), though I'm sure that they'll refuse to own up to it...

May 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #494 of 1,656
Just take my SM64 v1 out of my trusted lock n lock box after a long period not listening to it...
Listen to some Chinese Audiphile recordings....damn...love the sound so much...
Good bass, great middle and love the high so much....IT SHINES LIKE DIAMONDS...
Trust your ears, enjoy the music, enjoy your day....

regards,
jaytee189 

May 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #495 of 1,656
Quote:
And this is exactly why some of us choose to refute the 'measurement over ears' argument. I honestly don't think I've come across a more misleading post, as of yet. This is exactly what the issue boils down to, because the few here who swear by measurements DO (unfortunately) have an influence on the reader(s), though I'm sure that they'll refuse to own up to it...

This is the problem, measurements over ears? What we hear is due to the frequency response, they complement each other. The wildcard is the subjective factor, which can make any product much better or worse depending on subjective factors. It's informing the readers that there is a 5k suckout, if one still likes the product or decides to buy, by all means, the information was already given. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back