Earsonics EM3Pro Impressions and Review thread
Jul 14, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #31 of 191

Quote:
4000yen lol...

I am nut when it comes to these credit card payment thing. I don't own one, so my brother pay :)

I have been reading stuff that shops shouldn't charge extra fees (which is meant to be paid to the credit card company like Visa or MasterCard) for a payment using credit card. If they do it's kind of illegal. I am not sure here, just based on some reading on the internet.

Sorry I am derailing the thread.

yeah they shouldnt but they do, or they'll say something like cash will get you a 5% discount, which is what they charge on top of the purchase if you pay by credit card. they do that alot in hong kong, and a couple of things in singapore and malaysia where i've bought stuff.

my bank is kinda inaka haha.

Quote:
Artwork, pfft. True geeks go with translucent smoky gray shells, and nothing else. None of that silly artwork.
wink.gif

i agree,... i was foolishly thinking of fighting my inner geek :p 

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #35 of 191
Don't know about other audiologists in other countries, but in Japan it seems that using a bite block is not a common practice.

I once consulted Suyama (an audiologist who makes the custom IEMs FitEar) and they said no bite block is needed for making impressions. After the silicone thing is inserted into your ears, move your jaws to the right and left, up and down. Repeat this for 3 to 4 times, then just leave your mouth opening, relaxing, but be sure that your upper teeth don't touch you lower teeth (means don't close your mouth to 'bite').

My reshelled UE10Pro fits into my ears perfectly using this method. I personally think that a closed-mouth (upper teeth touching lower teeth) impression is not recommended because custom IEMs might turn out to be fitting too tight in your ears, as most of the time our upper teeth and lower teeth don't touch earch other.

Sorry for my poor explanation.

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #37 of 191
cheers for the info knubbe and that was a great explanation KLS ありがとうございました。

yeah i read the instructions on the suyama site about moving the jaw left and right,.... i figured i'll just take a print out and show it to the audiologist. looking around RION's site they do alot of custom hearing aids so i should be ok,... then again their hearing aids dont appear to go that deep so the instructions should help.

thanks for the help guys.

to get back onto the topic of em3pro's,... i've been obsessively googleing and it seems like earsonics have been making these since 2007 atleast, i found one poster who asked about these back in 07 on here. there's something very reassuring knowing that.

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #40 of 191
oh go on, you know you want to 
very_evil_smiley.gif

question: if these are filled solid does that make remolding hard?

not that i'm thinking of selling but a secondhand pair might be nice as a backup if the price was right, if anyone sold them. 

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #41 of 191

Quote:

question: if these are filled solid does that make remolding hard?

That idea scares me as well.  BA's aren't exactly the more durable things out there.

Jul 15, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #42 of 191

Quote:
3A's....drool.......

did you do the 13 or 16?  What was the final damage, err cost?

haha yeah i havent paid yet, but the final price will be 1800 plus shipping, cause ill be doing the 16 version and ill be getting art, though i havent decided what yet...

Quote:
oh go on, you know you want to 
very_evil_smiley.gif

its not about what i want, but what my wallet can handle lol cause i would love to hear these since so many people like them so much. but i dont think they will be able to compete with the 3a's, hence why the 3a's are a must and these would just be a want.

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #43 of 191
i agree it looks like the 3a's are gonna be a whole nother multiverse let alone another league,....

and lol nevermind about artwork i cant even decide on a colour,... or if i'll have a colour at all,....

Jul 15, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #44 of 191

Quote:
i agree it looks like the 3a's are gonna be a whole nother multiverse let alone another league,....

and lol nevermind about artwork i cant even decide on a colour,... or if i'll have a colour at all,....

Naaahh, for what I have read, IMO the 3a's are 90% hype and 10% true. This was the same when DSP came to the hi-fi world, thankfully the hype didnt last so long, and only very few companies with serious electronics design stood-out, i.e. DEQ, Lyngdorf, Accuphase. Now, keep in mind that DSP in SPACE makes a lot of sense, but inside the ear?
As a second point, I seriously doubt that the tiny box of the 3a's could even perform close to the digital conversion of any mid-fi adc/dac. What people are wowing about is in most part the effect of equalization... I have been in this hobby for to long to fall into this "technological" newness hypes. Of course I could be wrong, but naahh...

Jul 15, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #45 of 191

Quote:
Naaahh, for what I have read, IMO the 3a's are 90% hype and 10% true. This was the same when DSP came to the hi-fi world, thankfully the hype didnt last so long, and only very few companies with serious electronics design stood-out, i.e. DEQ, Lyngdorf, Accuphase. Now, keep in mind that DSP in SPACE makes a lot of sense, but inside the ear?
As a second point, I seriously doubt that the tiny box of the 3a's could even perform close to the digital conversion of any mid-fi adc/dac. What people are wowing about is in most part the effect of equalization... I have been in this hobby for to long to fall into this "technological" newness hypes. Of course I could be wrong, but naahh...

no offense, but you are most definitely wrong. The gains that the 3A's give are in total phase alignment. The entire real soundstage of a recording is in the phase. This is not just equalization being done in the DSP. though i guess you can keep telling yourself that its just equalization. but what i learned at canjam, is that FR of any given headphone doesnt really matter to me, i can listen to bass lite, treble rolloff, any of it, doesnt change my appreciation of a headphone. What does matter to me is technical ability, which the 13's, the 3A's and the LCD-2's have in spades. i realized this when i told people that the LCD-2 reminded me of the 13's and they looked at me like i was crazy because the FR's of them both are different.

And i know that people argue that the amps inside the box, or the dacs inside the box arent as good as they could be. And you would be right, they could probably get much better. but that doesnt change the fact that that little box is already better than anything else ive heard. anomolouscode, you're correct, it really isnt even another league, its nuts is what it is.

anyways, enough derailing of this thread
bigsmile_face.gif
 back to the em3pro talk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back