Earsonics EM3Pro Impressions and Review thread
Jun 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 191
I just never look at the custom threads unless I see someone interesting started it and it's the first few pages.
It's helped my wallet greatly. Without that self-discipline, I'm sure I would have sprung for some customs already. 
What you don't know can't hurt you(r wallet)...

Jun 25, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #17 of 191
Good thing the case was mentioned here. I went searching for one and going to get the pelican 1010 and the foam thing at B&H here for around 16-17 bucks instead of wasting money on shipping.

@Benny: I would be very very disappointed if the EM3 pro did not improve on the SM3 at the cost of around $1000 :p

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #18 of 191
i am so stupidly close to pulling the trigger....

i blame:
-my parents for making me with one ear canal larger than the other,

-the right side of my sm3's for crapping out otherwise i would have been really happy with them, so i figured since i have to return them i could just send them impressions for tips,.... or,.....

-and earsonics for making the sm3's sound so good that i now lust for their top of the range,.... damn you Franck!

-and of course headfi.

dear wallet, i apologise in advance for the raping you are about to receive.

biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #20 of 191

Quote:
So what's better, the SM3/EM3pro, or JH13's (I'm getting ready to get custom's)? Thanks!!!

What does better mean to you?

Jul 13, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #21 of 191
I have said it many times already, but the EM3-pro's made me sell the JH13's. To my ears the EM3-pro's are better in ALL parameters and made the JH sound somehow boring.

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #22 of 191
Wow, you can't answer the question better than that!  I got impressions and was about ready to send them off to JH, but now I have to reconsider what I'm gonna do. Boy I wish they had a distributer here in the states because I didn't really want to order through that French website and go through the hassle. Did you send them your impressions and I take it that your satisfied with the quality and fit?

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #25 of 191

Quote:
I just found it...you said 744 euros & VAT, but what does that come to in dollars?

744 euros = 944.9544 US dollars according to Google.  No VAT for US purchases.

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #26 of 191
 also you dont have to use the site,...

email them directly and chances are you'll get Franck himself or Priscille and they'll help you out and answer questions.

i hate credit cards and dont trust the net, so i paid for my sm3's by bank to bank wire transfer which only took a few days to reach them, and i'll be doing the same for the em3pros. 

i still gotta sort out an appointment for my impressions. 

art work or no art work, what do you lot reckon?

the wait is gonna suck this time as so few people have these i wont be able to log on to read about them,... wait maybe thats a good thing.

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #28 of 191
yeah the bank charges suck ass in japan :p

Y4,000 / US$50 i think it was. something like that.

but i would imagine if you guys were paying with credit cards then you might wind up with more or less the same if not a bit more in interest?

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #29 of 191
4000yen lol...

I am nut when it comes to these credit card payment thing. I don't own one, so my brother pay :)

I have been reading stuff that shops shouldn't charge extra fees (which is meant to be paid to the credit card company like Visa or MasterCard) for a payment using credit card. If they do it's kind of illegal. I am not sure here, just based on some reading on the internet.

Sorry I am derailing the thread.

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #30 of 191

Quote:

art work or no art work, what do you lot reckon?

Artwork, pfft. True geeks go with translucent smoky gray shells, and nothing else. None of that silly artwork.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back