Earbuds Round-Up
May 13, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #75,451 of 75,665
Interesting....

May 13, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #75,453 of 75,665
20240513_210403.jpg
Excuse the frankly terrible photo. Received today the the TD21 a very beautiful looking oddity with nice cable first impressions are not as bad as I feared. Bassy warm set with no unusual peaks (yet) bought them cos, well they look unique
They fit very comfortably in my ears with no need to fiddle for £41 I'm happy nice case too!
What Earbud company is that?

May 13, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #75,455 of 75,665
After listening to the DB1E for several hours I'm starting to understand why so many people love the LBBS. While the treble can be a little harsh and overbearing with some songs for the most part it's clear, detailed, and smooth without being compromised by boosting the bass a decent amount. Vocals are much clearer than the RW-2000 which felt slightly veiled regardless of whether I was using full cover or donut foams. Soundstage isn't as deep as the RW-2000 but the added width is worth that tradeoff and gives you a more airy sound than the RW-2000 which was more intimate but felt too enclosed with some songs. Bass out of the box isn't overly present but the DB1E responds well to fairly high amounts of bass EQ without causing distortion or warble which was one of the biggest frustrations with the RW-2000 for me. I ordered a replacement cable and some earclips to try and improve how they sit in my ears but I'm also going to try some 2-pin to MMCX adapters I have though the added height will likely be an issue.

What I'm most happy about is that it sounds the best paired with my Qudelix 5K which I haven't been using after how frustrated I was that the EQ I was applying for OpenHeart's Nightingale wasn't having much if any effect when it had made a huge difference with other sources. I really appreciate all of the suggestions everyone offered on what I could try to fix the problem and I'm going to try them sometime when I get the itch to tinker again. But I had reached a point where I was just so frustrated and wanted something that sounded good without tweaking that I bought Shanling's H5 after having a less than stellar experience with Colorfly's CDA-M1P. While the H5 does sound good and reduces some of the issues I had with several of my earbuds it also feels like I might have went too far toward a warmer signature and I'm also sorely missing hardware EQ as adjustments in Poweramp EQ don't have as much effect on their own. It also has issues with the app not connecting at all and I had one instance of loud static that thankfully wasn't on the same level as what I experienced with the M1P but was still concerning so I may end up returning it depending on how it sounds with some other earbuds that I have on the way.

I also bought Hiby's W3II so I would have something closer to the 5K in terms of size since the H5 is pretty large. While I wasn't expecting much I have been very impressed with its sound and it pairs well with OpenHeart's Nightingale using the EQ I set up for other sources. It also pairs well with Toneking's TP16 and Faaeal's Snow Lotus; I didn't like how the TP16 sounded through the 5K but I like how it sounds through the W3II though it does need some EQ to make female vocals less harsh. I just got the Snow Lotus today but I'm liking what I've heard so far, I haven't listened to it through the 5K yet but I plan to at some point. Through all of this I'm starting to believe what people say about needing to match your earbuds or headphones to your source, as my opinion of several earbuds and sources has changed greatly after swapping things around. I've got several earbuds that I need to give a second chance to and see whether they synergize better with different sources before giving up on them completely. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised again like I was with the DB1E and the 5K.

May 13, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #75,456 of 75,665
Here is my personal fix for LREY W03 pro tuning.

1715657603600.png

The black paper just covers the whole metal tube, and the metal grate covers the paper. They both are sticky around the edge, so currently they are only held on by that stickiness, but I expect that I'll need to glue the metal grate on. I would have preferred a copper grate to match the style of the bud, but this looks pretty good too I think.

I can't easily A/B with the original or with the micropore paper, but as it is, it sounds really great. Still nicely bassy, lots of detail and stage.

May 14, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #75,457 of 75,665
May 14, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #75,458 of 75,665
Hi I am looking for earbuds sub 150, going to be using them for gaming as well, but i have no amp and will be running them off my laptop, any reccs?

Are you looking for something midcentric tuned?

May 14, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #75,459 of 75,665
The Tiandirenhe TD21

You mentioned that it was comfortable, but does the IEM-like shell kinda wedge into your concha to stabilize the fit the way IEMs do? Or is it just decorative?

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #75,461 of 75,665
May 14, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #75,462 of 75,665
You mentioned that it was comfortable, but does the IEM-like shell kinda wedge into your concha to stabilize the fit the way IEMs do? Or is it just decorative?
The outer shell does not touch the ear anywhere, there are vent holes on the shell so I'm surmising it's a bass resonating chamber

Users who are viewing this thread

Back