Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 1, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #74,656 of 75,845
Nice! Can't wait to see what you think of them after you've had some time. I've only had some discussion with two other owners and one of them has a very different opinion/perception of the 4Ks from mine which was something I had thought about as a possibility given some of the changes I noted in my impressions. Given his totally divergent opinion, I've been pretty curious to see what others, especially those like you with some opinions I'm familiar with, think about them.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy the heck out of them. Happy listening, bro!👍😎

P.S. Thanks for the kind word about my impressions. 🙏
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

They really did change up the aesthetics on this set, didn't they?

Like @JAnonymous5150, I am also looking forward to your impressions on these. :)
From my very short time with them, I'll just say that there's a certain clarity in their sound presentation in the mid-range compared to the RW-3000. I have to get more time on them before I say anything more.

I do like how these buds look and feel in my ears. The cable is braided from the plug to the splitter and twisted from the splitter to the mmcx connectors. Absolutely none to minimal microphonics from the cable. I think the cable color scheme is a bold statement of Yincrow's confidence in their 2 years worth of design and engineering of these buds.

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #74,657 of 75,845
Yeah these look sharp as hell! Love the new aesthetics! I will be ordering a set of these soon! Can’t wait!!

The pics don't even do them justice either. The 4Ks are one of the slickest/sickest looking pairs of buds out there, IMO. Very clean...😎

Edit: And as @mt877 mentions above, the fit is very nice as well.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #74,658 of 75,845
The pics don't even do them justice either. The 4Ks are one of the slickest/sickest looking pairs of buds out there, IMO. Very clean...😎

Edit: And as @mt877 mentions above, the fit is very nice as well.
@JAnonymous5150 & @mt877 do you find them to fit better/worse, or similar to the RW2000 and RW3000 (and pretty much all the other models that have been designed similar for years)? For me I didn't notice a ton of fitment differences between the RW2000 and RW3000, even though the RW3000 is a bit smaller (but same shape overall), and even though both cables are fairly heavy.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #74,659 of 75,845
@JAnonymous5150 & @mt877 do you find them to fit better/worse, or similar to the RW2000 and RW3000 (and pretty much all the other models that have been designed similar for years)? For me I didn't notice a ton of fitment differences between the RW2000 and RW3000, even though the RW3000 is a bit smaller (but same shape overall), and even though both cables are fairly heavy.

The fit is, for me, different than the RW series. I don't know that I'd say better as both are amongst the best, most stable fitting buds I own. If you put a gun to my head and asked which fit I'd go with to save my life I'd probably just spit out whichever rolled off my tongue as I find the 3K and 4K to be essentially endlessly wearable as far as comfort is concerned. So far the longest I've worn the 4Ks for consecutively was about 8 hours with zero fatigue from the fit.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:41 AM Post #74,660 of 75,845
The fit is, for me, different than the RW series. I don't know that I'd say better as both are amongst the best, most stable fitting buds I own. If you put a gun to my head and asked which fit I'd go with to save my life I'd probably just spit out whichever rolled off my tongue as I find the 3K and 4K to be essentially endlessly wearable as far as comfort is concerned. So far the longest I've worn the 4Ks for consecutively was about 8 hours with zero fatigue from the fit.
You answered that very well, thank you. I was looking for "secure" fit, but comfort over time as well. It is good to know that even though they moved away from their "tried and true" design to something new, that they are very good as well (for fitment). :)

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #74,661 of 75,845
You answered that very well, thank you. I was looking for "secure" fit, but comfort over time as well. It is good to know that even though they moved away from their "tried and true" design to something new, that they are very good as well (for fitment). :)

If the 4K tells me anything about Yincrow, it's that they know what they're doing. The argument could've been made before that they kinda stumbled into a design that worked and just stuck with it throughout the RW series, but then the 4K showed that they can change the form factor and still keep the ergonomics and sonics at a very high level.

As far as secure fit goes, I can wear the 4Ks with or without silicone rings while I'm walking and working and doing whatever and they have never felt loose or precarious in any way for me. Fit is such a personal thing so I tend not to mention it unless it's agregiously bad or something so I didn't include it in my impressions, but the 4Ks are nothing but solid all around, IMO.

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:12 AM Post #74,662 of 75,845
As far as secure fit goes, I can wear the 4Ks with or without silicone rings while I'm walking and working and doing whatever and they have never felt loose or precarious in any way for me. Fit is such a personal thing so I tend not to mention it unless it's agregiously bad or something so I didn't include it in my impressions, but the 4Ks are nothing but solid all around, IMO.
This is very true, but when you spend time on places like this thread with others, you get to know (to a point) hearing from them, measured against your own experiences whether they will fit you or not. :upside_down:
If the 4K tells me anything about Yincrow, it's that they know what they're doing. The argument could've been made before that they kinda stumbled into a design that worked and just stuck with it throughout the RW series, but then the 4K showed that they can change the form factor and still keep the ergonomics and sonics at a very high level.
That IS a very good sign indeed, and I guess in the years since I got my first pair of Yincrows, I had never considered that question.

I DO think they have gone off the deep end with their pricing though... :) Just my $.02 though.

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #74,663 of 75,845
This is very true, but when you spend time on places like this thread with others, you get to know (to a point) hearing from them, measured against your own experiences whether they will fit you or not. :upside_down:

That IS a very good sign indeed, and I guess in the years since I got my first pair of Yincrows, I had never considered that question.

I DO think they have gone off the deep end with their pricing though... :) Just my $.02 though.

You're preaching to the choir on the pricing bit. I get that development has costs that must be paid for, but as I think I mentioned in my impressions, the price jump still strikes me as a bit steep for the level of possible improvement in the 4Ks. I mean, I've been impressed with them and I'm happy with my purchase, but I can see the arguments being well founded that they're taxing early adopters pretty hard for the privilege.

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #74,664 of 75,845
You're preaching to the choir on the pricing bit. I get that development has costs that must be paid for, but as I think I mentioned in my impressions, the price jump still strikes me as a bit steep for the level of possible improvement in the 4Ks. I mean, I've been impressed with them and I'm happy with my purchase, but I can see the arguments being well founded that they're taxing early adopters pretty hard for the privilege.
You did mention that.... As for me, I really would love to have a set, but I have to pick and choose my battles with purchasing audio equipment and my wife.

Put it this way, she is on wrap 4 (of 6) on the hangman's noose she is crafting.... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :zipper_mouth:

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #74,665 of 75,845
to my ears the Yincrows are in the top three of fit and comfort, Have to say that the Faaeal (mx500?) shells fit and feel best, second is the Yinman 600, then the Yincrow and then everything else tbh. I am having the hardest times with heavy metal shells like the Ucotech and Chaconne, as they tend to move in my ears every now and then. To me the lighter the better.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:18 AM Post #74,666 of 75,845
Hello
I need an advice :) : if I am plenty satisfied with my high end earbuds, I am wondering if there is a mid tier model with a sound signature very similar to Fiio FF3 * - that I enjoy -k, but a step above in sound quality ? Should be low impedance high sensivity, as I plan to pair it with my Hiby R3ii for a very small combo.

EDIT : * I would describe the sound signature of the Ff3 as rather dark, with impactful bass, but still detailed, musical and refined...

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #74,667 of 75,845
Hello
I need an advice :) : if I am plenty satisfied with my high end earbuds, I am wondering if there is a mid tier model with a sound signature very similar to Fiio FF3 - that I enjoy -, but a step above in sound quality ? Should be low impedance high sensivity, as I plan to pair it with my Hiby R3ii for a very small combo.
Yinman 600 might be your best bet from my experience, but i am curious what other more experienced users will suggest.

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:26 AM Post #74,668 of 75,845
Yinman 600 might be your best bet from my experience, but i am curious what other more experienced users will suggest.
Hello
Sound signature is probably ok, but I doubt his high impedance would pair well with rather weak R3ii (only 380mw @32ohms)...

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:29 AM Post #74,669 of 75,845
Hello
Sound signature is probably ok, but I doubt his high impedance would pair well with rather weak R3ii (only 380mw @32ohms)...
oh thats a good point, that i missed, sorry. tho when i listen to it thru a Shanling UP4 22 with the dual dac boost (i have a 3.5 se version) which provides 100mw max. its okish. i would say about 90-95 percent of its ability and i have a lot of volume headroom left. keep in mind, that i listen at low volumes anyways.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #74,670 of 75,845
Hello
You can try the Vido/Yincrow X6.
Edit: My bad, I didn't read it quite well either. There aren't many branded buds with a sound signature similar to the FF3, which is why many people find it unique. Your best bet for bassy earbuds with better sound quality with those requirements is DIY. You can check Rikubuds; he can probably cook up something for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back