Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 25, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #12,871 of 75,668
By the way, has anyone here felt sick from BA drivers?

Two days in a row I have started to feel a bit wooley in my head when listening to Dunu Alpha 1 on the way home from work. Yesterday I switched to Monk+ and felt better. Today I had Ting as backup and after I switched to them I felt better.

I have never cared about IEMs, but as I understand it BA drivers are common among IEMs. I wonder if I'm not used to that sort of sound? Silly question perhaps, but I find it strange that I feel better once I switch to DD earbuds...

Oct 25, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #12,874 of 75,668

Two days in a row I have started to feel a bit wooley in my head when listening to Dunu Alpha 1 on the way home from work. Yesterday I switched to Monk+ and felt better. Today I had Ting as backup and after I switched to them I felt better.

I have never cared about IEMs, but as I understand it BA drivers are common among IEMs. I wonder if I'm not used to that sort of sound? Silly question perhaps, but I find it strange that I feel better once I switch to DD earbuds...

I have used a number of BA iem but never had that feeling even from my very first BA er6, maybe it is because the seal of the Alphas causing some confusion to equilibrium or a driver imbalance? Or very powerful subbass can do this sometimes, if they seal very much maybe you are getting more than used to?

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #12,875 of 75,668

Only used them on IEMs but I do not like them at all even there. I began to avoid them entirely when I was still listening to IEMs.
I do not think I would ever buy a BA powered earbud, if the technology ever got there.
I'm very treble sensitive, and the BA's specialty is treble up to insanely high frequencies.
so it's actually the overpresence of ultra high frequencies that makes me sick rather than too much sub bass
wink.gif

Put me in a sealed van tuned for bass bombing, and I'll be smiling ear to ear from the minute I get in to the minute I get out.
some of you guys would need barf bags for that trip!
biggrin.gif

@ld100 I think the ali page I ordered on said they needed about 10 days to get them ready for shipping, as it was a pre-sale, so I'm not expecting a shipping notification until that listing's at least that old. I don't think it's been up even 10 days, have it?

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #12,876 of 75,668
Both the QFred and, to my great relief, TM7 passed the test. I do not dare to test my vintage Sony and Aiwas...

Hi, Danneq, one question, how do you store your e252? I always put my earbuds/IEMs in some round cases, but the e252's cable are so delicate, it become so curly when I get them out of the case...

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #12,877 of 75,668
No. Still waiting. I also watch their taobao store, it's also pre order.

preorder ended last night on taobao, I just asked them about the shipment date, it's still early morning in China, haven't got rasponse yet.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #12,878 of 75,668
Only used them on IEMs but I do not like them at all even there. I began to avoid them entirely when I was still listening to IEMs.
I do not think I would ever buy a BA powered earbud, if the technology ever got there.
I'm very treble sensitive, and the BA's specialty is treble up to insanely high frequencies.
so it's actually the overpresence of ultra high frequencies that makes me sick rather than too much sub bass :wink:

Ahah... Supposedly there are some darker sounding ones I guess if even the ASG2.5 had too much treble it is a lost cause. Weirdly, until the recent Hi-Res (TM) trend a lot of BA headphones only rated up to 16-18khz, I was used to seeing dynamic driver headphones like 20-24khz.ish.

I can't even hear above 17khz, but you prefer a downward slope anywhere past 17 Hz :D

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #12,879 of 75,668
Not sure if I missed it already but anything on this one...

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/100-Original-LaoZe-DIY-3-5mm-In-Ear-Flat-Head-Plug-Earphone-Earplug-Bass-HIFI-Earphone/1727211_32756525581.html

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #12,880 of 75,668
Ahah... Supposedly there are some darker sounding ones I guess if even the ASG2.5 had too much treble it is a lost cause. Weirdly, until the recent Hi-Res (TM) trend a lot of BA headphones only rated up to 16-18khz, I was used to seeing dynamic driver headphones like 20-24khz.ish.

I can't even hear above 17khz, but you prefer a downward slope anywhere past 17 Hz
biggrin.gif

I swear dude, for the amounts of shows i've been to and played, and all the time I spend with headphones in, I'm almost angry i can still hear frequencies as high as I can -_-

@jant71, never seen that one before, definitely interesting...

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #12,881 of 75,668
preorder ended last night on taobao, I just asked them about the shipment date, it's still early morning in China, haven't got rasponse yet.

The day after tomorrow, they said.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #12,882 of 75,668
DUNU getting a bit silly trying to capitalize on the hybrid craze but armatures DO NOT belong in earbuds. They really need to have seal. Maybe even okay to put them in a headphone as has been done but again if the pads seal right it can work. In earbuds and somewhat larger size ones like the Alpha 1. They really think that was gonna work well ?? :)

Not armature shy myself. Just bought an excellent condition Phiaton PS200 dual a couple days ago for $50 shipped. Great deal but needs a good seal but there are even better tip options to try it with nowadays and get the most bass and smoothest treble output from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back