Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 21, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #12,571 of 75,671
You should try the e version of the SR60. I tell you it's good! 

This is partly why I wanted to try an SR60e:

SR60e measurements:

I've owned a few lower end Grado models in the past and modded them, but this is the only one I think I will want to leave stock except for maybe a comfier headband and maybe some L-pads with tape mod and... :tongue_smile:

It does seem odd that the flattest measuring Grado is the cheapest one... though not the most transparent.

Oct 21, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #12,572 of 75,671
You just need to bend the mind put. Grab them above the gabbles and stretch them out.

Tried everything. My head is really big! The old 5xx & 6xx Sennheisers (at close to maximum size) are the only comfortable ones. It's OK, just seeing my friends hanging on to their old & tattered Grados from me is satisfaction enough for me :)

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #12,573 of 75,671
I would be really curious to hear a Grado earbud, iGrado and MS-1 were some of my first "nice" headphones... are there any buds that are very Grado-like?

Oct 21, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #12,576 of 75,671
Guys I am not really fond of wearing my monk+ with foams because of comfort, I also feel its clearer without the foams am I placing the earbuds wrongly?

you might like using just the rubber rings, no foam, with the monk.... even no foam or ring is fine! my favorite is the donuts... (also ex pack)

p.s. my green ting will be here tomorrow :D

Oct 21, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #12,580 of 75,671
Oct 21, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #12,581 of 75,671

So i bought the wrong amp to join the high impedance earbuds train :frowning2: pretty dissapointed but yeah nx3 is just another entry level amp ...

What kind of earbuds that i can listen to its best with nx3 mate? Should i forget about earbuds that have higher impedance than my current seahf smart 1.0 150ohm?

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #12,584 of 75,671
So i bought the wrong amp to join the high impedance earbuds train :frowning2: pretty dissapointed but yeah nx3 is just another entry level amp ...

What kind of earbuds that i can listen to its best with nx3 mate? Should i forget about earbuds that have higher impedance than my current seahf smart 1.0 150ohm?

It's not the impedance, but the sensitivity of the earphone. While i don't have the specs of the ty hi-z 400s, if you hear the nx3 + 400s having the speed, dynamics, etc, then you should be fine.

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #12,585 of 75,671
How hard is it to open the rx1 housing by the way?

Last night I was listening to Hans Zimmer's Interstellar soundtrack - for the first time with the RX1. I was approaching the end of the first track when something strange happened. I started to hear a strong rattling sound from the left driver. I was afraid my RX1 have gone bad. I have tried that same track with a few other earbuds and it only happened with the RX1. It is noticeable on other Interstellar tracks especially at end when there is a deep monotonic sub-bass sound. It seems that there is something wrong with the left driver noticeable due to some kind of resonant frequency. Maybe it happens on other songs and music but it is drown out by other sound. I should maybe try to open the driver and use blutack as a dampener or perhaps it would be better to talk to Penonaudio for a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back