Earbuds Round-Up
May 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #871 of 75,794
  Thank you waynes world.

I have the Fiio E17 but I wonder if the Zen deserve something better

@RedJohn456 has an E17, so he'll probably have some thoughts. The Zen loves good amping and scales well though, so I wouldn't be surprised if other gear have a large impact with them. For me for now though, the C5 it doing the trick.

Having said that, I just switched to the Zen straigtht off of my ihifi 770 dap, and it still sounds friggin' awesome. But when I throw the C5 into the mix, the bass has more authority and depth, and the headspace/soundstage is increased, making for an even more fuller, immersive sound.

May 8, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #874 of 75,794
So what are your favorite buds golov17?

May 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #879 of 75,794
I did complete a search, with no results. Has anyone here tried the Sennheiser MX470? Prior to owning these the only buds I had listened to were those terrible ones that came with cheap electronics, so its safe to say my earbud experience to date has been limited at best. That said, I took a chance scooping up the MX470 when it went on sale, and I've been completely happy with the purchase. They sound slightly dry compared to my extensive iem collection, but have a nice soundstage, decent detailing, and good bass. They do distort at high volumes, but I never listen that loud (was curious to see how they would handle stupidly high volumes). The fit is also great since the driver housing is reasonably small.

May 12, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #883 of 75,794

@RedJohn456 has an E17, so he'll probably have some thoughts. The Zen loves good amping and scales well though, so I wouldn't be surprised if other gear have a large impact with them. For me for now though, the C5 it doing the trick.

Having said that, I just switched to the Zen straigtht off of my ihifi 770 dap, and it still sounds friggin' awesome. But when I throw the C5 into the mix, the bass has more authority and depth, and the headspace/soundstage is increased, making for an even more fuller, immersive sound.

I agree. It sounds okay out of my phone and laptop but when I add the E17, it sounds a lot fuller and details are much easier to hear. Soundstage is more defined and instrument positioning is pretty good as well!

Edit: Sorry Wayne don't know why I missed you post earlier 
tongue.gif

May 13, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #885 of 75,794
So I was looking up the sennheiser MX895 and Blox Tm7 and both appear to be discontinued :frowning2:  Are there any other ear buds which are currently out that can match the aforementioned ones?

Well I've got to mention Atomic Floyd Earjax I suppose;an easy match for MX980 but only my opinion. But I doubt you'd be anyone else to agree as not many have heard them

If you believe some of the posts on here the Earbells but they're nothing like to me. Totally unnatural sound compared to the Earjax not in same class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back