Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 28, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #7,411 of 75,668
  Congrats! They look nice. Just realized that they, because of the design, are easy to tell left from right though red and blue foams would look cool on the silver :)

Congrats~
now I'm waiting for your impression 
smile_phones.gif

First impression after about 5-6 songs:

I completely agree with @ClieOS ranking so far. I also would hold it just a step above Cygnus. It seems a bit more natural and balanced than Cygnus IMO. Bass depth and extension is very excellent. It is able to reach sub bass notes. It is not a bass cannon but it is very capable of reaching deep and sounding good.

One of my test suites for all new headphones is Bass Mekanik - Quad Maximus. I love this CD to death. It is one of the best I know for testing bass impact and depth as well as clarity in the rest of the audio spectrum. The Auglamour was able to reach lower bass notes than I expected. Nothing muddy or unclear ever. I am very impressed.

It, like the Monk, has a shockingly natural and well balanced song, although this is definitely quite a few steps above the Monk.

All genres I have tried yet sound awesome. This is a very natural sounding and well balanced earbud. It is better than the Asura 2.0 and I think I might take it over the Cygnus.

The cable is a little rubbery but I can forgive it.

The included extras and packaging is simply top notch. Very intricate. First you remove the shinkwrap, separate the two halves of the plastic shell from each other by removing the rubber wristband on the outside. Pick up the wooden phone stand/earbud holder, the rest of the wire for the earbuds goes into a box below it with the logo cutout. Open that box up, take out a zip case with the AG logo on it, inside there find the AG branded seafoam colored rubber wristband with the rest of the cable, a metal AG logo, and the foams/shirt clip. The wooden phone stand is a crazy nice touch.

So it's a winner in sound quality and packaging. Tested it on miami bass, hip hop, female vocal J-Pop, 80s industrial and 90s house... I have 0 complaints here except it's too bad Amazon smashed the outer plastic shell. At least everything was safe on the inside v
redface.gif
v

Just using the foams it came with BTW. I think it might be just a bit too bright for me if I used donuts or MP foams. Probably will put the Hiegis on them when I get those in the mail.

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #7,412 of 75,668
http://m.shenzhenaudio.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Hiegi

So, how did it get to Ontario, CA, USA the first time and Philly, PA, USA the second time? Flying from Ontario to Philly is feasible in 4:40, but not very likely, knowing it was immediately checked in. Something fishy goes awry...

Anyway, congrats and I am waiting on my RX-1.

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #7,413 of 75,668

I completely agree with @ClieOS ranking so far. I also would hold it just a step above Cygnus. It seems a bit more natural and balanced than Cygnus IMO. Bass depth and extension is very excellent. It is able to reach sub bass notes. It is not a bass cannon but it is very capable of reaching deep and sounding good.

One of my test suites for all new headphones is Bass Mekanik - Quad Maximus. I love this CD to death. It is one of the best I know for testing bass impact and depth as well as clarity in the rest of the audio spectrum. The Auglamour was able to reach lower bass notes than I expected. Nothing muddy or unclear ever. I am very impressed.

It, like the Monk, has a shockingly natural and well balanced song, although this is definitely quite a few steps above the Monk.

All genres I have tried yet sound awesome. This is a very natural sounding and well balanced earbud. It is better than the Asura 2.0 and I think I might take it over the Cygnus.

The included extras and packaging is simply top notch. Very intricate. First you remove the shinkwrap, separate the two halves of the plastic shell from each other by removing the rubber wristband on the outside. Pick up the wooden phone stand/earbud holder, the rest of the wire for the earbuds goes into a box below it with the logo cutout. Open that box up, take out a zip case with the AG logo on it, inside there find the AG branded seafoam colored rubber wristband with the rest of the cable, a metal AG logo, and the foams/shirt clip. The wooden phone stand is a crazy nice touch.

So it's a winner in sound quality and packaging. Tested it on miami bass, hip hop, female vocal J-Pop, 80s industrial and 90s house... I have 0 complaints here except it's too bad Amazon smashed the outer plastic shell. At least everything was safe on the inside v
redface.gif
v

Just using the foams it came with BTW. I think it might be just a bit too bright for me if I used donuts or MP foams. Probably will put the Hiegis on them when I get those in the mail.

Sounds good. How does it compare to the Zen 2.0?

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #7,414 of 75,668
I need to get some Hiegis if that are that good at fattening the bass/taming the highs. Sucks only Penon seems to carry them and on Ali they add an extra $3 for shipping with every pack of Heigis added...

My Auglamours are ALMOST here but I wanted to share this ridiculous journey it's taken courtesy of UPS with all of you!

I'm hoping the rest of you have less roundabout delivery routes :D

So, how did it get to Ontario, CA, USA the first time and Philly, PA, USA the second time? Flying from Ontario to Philly is feasible in 4:40, but not very likely, knowing it was immediately checked in (6hr flight westward, from Boston...). Something fishy goes awry...and quite interesting!

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #7,417 of 75,668
So, how did it get to Ontario, CA, USA the first time and Philly, PA, USA the second time? Flying from Ontario to Philly is feasible in 4:40, but not very likely, knowing it was immediately checked in (6hr flight westward, from Boston...). Something fishy goes awry...and quite interesting!

Yeah it makes no sense at all, haha.

I got mine from Amazon.

P.S. wanted to note I prefer wearing them with the cable looped over the back of your ear. Maintains a better fit IMO.

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #7,418 of 75,668
Mine haven't shipped yet but for some reason they say it will take 1 day till I get them. Must be coming in stock near me(in NY) by the 1st if they are to arrive on the 2nd.

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #7,419 of 75,668

Congrats! They look nice. Just realized that they, because of the design, are easy to tell left from right though red and blue foams would look cool on the silver :)

Congrats~

now I'm waiting for your impression :smile_phones:

I completely agree with @ClieOS
ranking so far. I also would hold it just a step above Cygnus. It seems a bit more natural and balanced than Cygnus IMO. Bass depth and extension is very excellent. It is able to reach sub bass notes. It is not a bass cannon but it is very capable of reaching deep and sounding good.

So it's a winner in sound quality and packaging. Tested it on miami bass, hip hop, female vocal J-Pop, 80s industrial and 90s house... I have 0 complaints here except it's too bad Amazon smashed the outer plastic shell. At least everything was safe on the inside v:xf_eek: v

no kontrol album :p

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #7,421 of 75,668
  I have both and they are fully burned in.  Seahf V1 is similar sounding to Zen 1 but not tuned the same.
Zen 1 has deeper sub bass and smoother mediums/voices to my ears. Zen 1 sounds a little more relaxed and organic.
Seahf sounds more analytical and a tad colder in comparison.
As for third version, I haven't heard them.

Nice, thanks for this! Now I don't have to buy Seahf V1 to cure my curiosity about the difference between them
biggrin.gif

redface.gif
v

For that price, the packaging and sound quality of AuGlamour RX-1 is a killer already. I must have it someday 
smile_phones.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #7,422 of 75,668
My AuGlamour arrived yesterday (Amazon), and my impression is also good. Without having seen ClieOS and vapman's reviews, my early impression also put them near the Cygnus. Side by side the AuGlamour is warmer and less detailed in higher range. Definitely a fun and musical sound. Stiff, rubbery cable. The clip that comes with it seems worthless, the cable doesn't stay in. Not a problem, I have lots of clips. I haven't played with different foams yet, just threw on the full foams. The ones that come with it look like they went through a washer/dryer and shrunk, they're small! But they stretched fine over the bud without tearing, so they're very strong. 

I'm a member of the Adult-Humans-With-Small-Ear-Canals Tribe, and I approve of these earbuds. Very comfortable fit for my small ear canals.

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #7,424 of 75,668
And this just came in the mail. I was expecting gold but I like this black edition one.

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #7,425 of 75,668
Just placed my order for the RX-1, used Penon as i have had good shipping and customer service from them in the past. Little more expensive then Aliexpress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back