Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 26, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #7,291 of 75,470
So many variable. Your fav.genre, prefference sound,etc.
But if it's just a random question, my answer is blox Be7. Love it more tham cygnus, tomahawk, even mx985.
Tried it with your own ears, everybody have their own Top-bud. So are you

i want to get blox but cant find any seller
frown.gif

Jul 26, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #7,294 of 75,470
Really nice those KC08T... Please when you have time please tell us you would it compare with current forum favorites (and please compare its bass with Edifier H180 and its highs with Edifier H185 to have my own reference)... Thanks

Quote:
Well .. it is already a good thing I did not force you to buy it, lol :grinning::grinning::grinning:
High quality of sound in the absence of the low-mids, contradictory .. :hushed:
13731835_1108684825892662_2951736078313085527_o.jpg

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #7,299 of 75,470
Well you have two VERY fine portable amps on the way, maybe you need to look into desktop amps too?
I also highly recommend DAC upgrades :D

Suggest some desktop amps that are actually worth it?

And not sure about DAC's...I just use my AK JR. Dont really use my phone or laptop much.

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #7,301 of 75,470

And not sure about DAC's...I just use my AK JR. Dont really use my phone or laptop much.

Yeah your DAP has a Wolfson DAC so that's not bad at all. If you ever start using the computer to play stuff a USB DAC is a great investment.

There's tons of good desktop amps out there but I think, since you will be mainly using earbuds (I make the same recommendation to IEM users looking for desktop amps) either look for one that has selectable low/high gain OR selectable output resistances, so you can limit the amount of power going to the output in a variety of ways. Garage1217 incorporates these features on all their amps and generally make stuff hitting WAY above their price point. Great CS too.

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #7,302 of 75,470

Yeah your DAP has a Wolfson DAC so that's not bad at all. If you ever start using the computer to play stuff a USB DAC is a great investment.

There's tons of good desktop amps out there but I think, since you will be mainly using earbuds (I make the same recommendation to IEM users looking for desktop amps) either look for one that has selectable low/high gain OR selectable output resistances, so you can limit the amount of power going to the output in a variety of ways. Garage1217 incorporates these features on all their amps and generally make stuff hitting WAY above their price point. Great CS too.

There is also the new Schiit Modi Multibit DAC. Seems a very nice DAC for the price, no impressions so far but worth waiting a little to know more.

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #7,303 of 75,470

Dig this

http://de.aliexpress.com/store/product/Venture-Electronics-Transistor-Amplifier/1924356_32417375390.html

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #7,304 of 75,470
A big shout out to @golov17 for posting his pictures, making me pull the trigger and ordering the Boarseman MX98s a couple of weeks ago.
I didn't think I would need them, but I could not resist the nice wooden box and accessories.
They arrived today and I absolutely adore them with full foams straight from the iPhone. For me they fill the gap from Monk/Monk+ to Cygnus/Ting that the Tomahawks couldn't.
Naked they are overly bright though. They need full foams.

I ordered the Boarseman K25s and the QianYun Qian 25 in the same shipment. They sound quite ok for the price point, but are kind of redundant if one already have the Monk/Monk+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back