Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 2, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #5,896 of 75,563

Red Demon has arrived!
Haven't doing much AB-ing it with Tomahawks but what I can say for sure in my early impression is the lows, highs and details is better than Tomahawk. The vocals is as forward as Tomahawk in my hearing.
The builder said that I have to do a burn in for it, but it doesn't need that to sound better than Tomahawk 
biggrin.gif

I only ask for compliment for Tomahawk yet what I get is a great step-up upgrade. Really happy with this purchase. Thank you for sir Vapman, Joy Boy and Golov for deceiving me in a good way 
biggrin.gif

Finally I have found my all-rounder queen 
etysmile.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #5,897 of 75,563
@BloodyPenguin

I wanted to get a 2nd set of remax as they're such good exercise earbuds... partly due to how they absolutely do NOT care about how you have them seated in your ears! I can move them all around and the sound doesn't change one bit.

Anyway I found the cheaper link golov originally found for me and where I got mine from, they shipped extremely quickly and i was happy with buying from this store, so i will be buying my 2nd set of remax from them.

No real need for a 2nd set unless i lose/break these, if I see something else interesting with a mic I will pick it up, but this has a really nice mic and good sound too
cool.gif

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-REMAX-RM-303-3-5mm-Plug-Stereo-Headphone-Pure-Music-Earphone-Wired-Headset-Earphone-Wires/32653588657.html

edit: even cheaper on ebay AND WITH ePACKET!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/REMAX-RM-303-3-5mm-Plug-Headphone-Pure-Music-Earphone-/231927801732?var=&hash=item35fff96784:m:m_i9Jt0Gp_pYnS9dEtuUv1A

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #5,898 of 75,563

Red Demon has arrived!
Haven't doing much AB-ing it with Tomahawks but what I can say for sure in my early impression is the lows, highs and details is better than Tomahawk. The vocals is as forward as Tomahawk in my hearing.
The builder said that I have to do a burn in for it, but it doesn't need that to sound better than Tomahawk 
biggrin.gif

I only ask for compliment for Tomahawk yet what I get is a great step-up upgrade. Really happy with this purchase. Thank you for sir Vapman, Joy Boy and Golov for deceiving me in a good way 
biggrin.gif

Finally I have found my all-rounder queen 
etysmile.gif

Friend, do you think If I overall like Tomahawk's sound signature (soundstage, details, separation, forwarded vocals), but I want more pure bass and not sharp top, I should go to Red Demon or consider the Shozy Cygnus or maybe Edimun V2/V3?

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #5,899 of 75,563

Friend, do you think If I overall like Tomahawk's sound signature (soundstage, details, separation, forwarded vocals), but I want more pure bass and not sharp top, I should go to Red Demon or consider the Shozy Cygnus or maybe Edimun V2/V3?

The Red Demon has less bass than the stock H180 and I have heard neither Edimun V2 or V3 so i can't compare there.

H180 and SeaHf 400ohm have the best pure sub & mid bass of any earbud I've heard to date. Those two you can really EQ the heck out of and push some serious power to them.

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #5,900 of 75,563

Haven't heard Edimun V2/V3 or Shozy Cygnus, sorry.
But I can say that Red Demon is overall better than Tomahawk. Red Demon have warmer and rounder lows, reach deeper while still being really controlled and does not bloat to other freq, have more detail and more controlled highs. Bass speed is awesome and I can hear the warm of wood from acoustic guitar with Red Demon. All IMHO 
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #5,902 of 75,563
Thanks for reply!

Quote:

The Red Demon has less bass than the stock H180 and I have heard neither Edimun V2 or V3 so i can't compare there.

H180 and SeaHf 400ohm have the best pure sub & mid bass of any earbud I've heard to date. Those two you can really EQ the heck out of and push some serious power to them.

Bass is not priority, I don't like when dominates over other bands, but in Tomahawk's is it bit too little, not punching.

Haven't heard Edimun V2/V3 or Shozy Cygnus, sorry.
But I can say that Red Demon is overall better than Tomahawk. Red Demon have warmer and rounder lows, reach deeper while still being really controlled and does not bloat to other freq, have more detail and more controlled highs. Bass speed is awesome and I can hear the warm of wood from acoustic guitar with Red Demon. All IMHO 
biggrin.gif

Vocals are forwarded in Red Demon as in Tomahawk? I really like this element of signature, for opposites, Monk + are very retracted and listening to them, I feel as if I held my head in the box :wink:

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #5,903 of 75,563

Bass is not priority, I don't like when dominates over other bands, but in Tomahawk's is it bit too little, not punching.

Vocals are forwarded in Red Demon as in Tomahawk? I really like this element of signature, for opposites, Monk + are very retracted and listening to them, I feel as if I held my head in the box :wink:

Vocals are more like Tomahawk's than Monk's on Red Demon, definitely. More balanced & natural sounding than Tomahawk, has more energy and life to it too. Less sibilant treble.

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #5,904 of 75,563

Wow, you have different Monk+'s than I have!

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #5,906 of 75,563

from my less than 2 hours of AB-ing, yes they are definitely not a laid back vocal. Will do more intense AB-ing after I cooked the Red Demon well 
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #5,909 of 75,563
  that... your jack have that kind of gear-like part and seemed to be silver(?)
while mine have no gear-like part and gold in color, this is tick my curiosity... this is dangerous for a curious cat like me, will the sound be different?

I realized my picture was pretty awful.

I hope this makes it a bit clearer.

I'll check your post again and see but I doubt it would have any change on sound quality...  unless yours is a gold plug, then we probably have different 3.5mm connectors, but again, doubt that changes anything in the sound quality.

We probably have slightly different 3.5mm connectors wrapped in the same branded heatshrink. I wouldn't sweat it though, any nice connector will sound the same, it's all in the cable.

no more unplugging the Red Demon for the rest of the night!

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #5,910 of 75,563

I realized my picture was pretty awful.

I hope this makes it a bit clearer.

I'll check your post again and see but I doubt it would have any change on sound quality...  unless yours is a gold plug, then we probably have different 3.5mm connectors, but again, doubt that changes anything in the sound quality.

We probably have slightly different 3.5mm connectors wrapped in the same branded heatshrink. I wouldn't sweat it though, any nice connector will sound the same, it's all in the cable.

no more unplugging the Red Demon for the rest of the night!

sorry for making you unplug you Red Demon lol 
biggrin.gif

yeah our is definitely have different plug, now asking De'mun if the sound could be different
and I'm just purely curious for this matter of why he use different connector...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back