Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 1, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #5,881 of 75,563
All I can say, is I'm glad I asked around and searched for info on earbuds that have my proffered sound signature, because I really wanted to get the MRZ tomahawks because they looked pretty good :D

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #5,882 of 75,563
Question to everyone here:

Is it really necessary to have an amp?

I have the following earbuds (most of which I am still waiting for in the mail). Do I really need an Amp? And if so, what is a good one that is inexpensive?

- Edifier H180
- VE Monk Plus
- Shozy Cygnus
- Rose Technology Mojito
- DIY Dual Dynamic Matrix with PowerBeats Driver
- Awei ES10
- Apple EarPods

As far as source I usually use Ipod Nano 7th generation.

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #5,883 of 75,563

I have the following earbuds (most of which I am still waiting for in the mail). Do I really need an Amp? And if so, what is a good one that is inexpensive?

- Edifier H180
- VE Monk Plus
- Shozy Cygnus
- Rose Technology Mojito
- Awei ES10
- Apple EarPods

depends on phones, but it won't hurt. also, judging from the fact that you have some pretty expensive buds, something like a schiit magni 2 for 99$ won't hurt your wallet so much and you are pretty much guaranteed to have NO requirement for other desktop amp. if you wan't portable, I'd just get a good player with good amplifier built in (I use iBasso DX50 for example).

as for the necessity, it depends - depends if you want to get sound from your phones or want to use their full potential. by using their full potential, I mean almost any phone will benefit from an amp that has heaps of headspace and power. all I can say my phones sound better out from my DX50 compared to headphone out on my pc...

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #5,884 of 75,563

depends on phones, but it won't hurt. also, judging from the fact that you have some pretty expensive buds, something like a schiit magni 2 for 99$ won't hurt your wallet so much and you are pretty much guaranteed to have NO requirement for other desktop amp. if you wan't portable, I'd just get a good player with good amplifier built in (I use iBasso DX50 for example).

as for the necessity, it depends - depends if you want to get sound from your phones or want to use their full potential. by using their full potential, I mean almost any phone will benefit from an amp that has heaps of headspace and power. all I can say my phones sound better out from my DX50 compared to headphone out on my pc...

Hmmm, I'm not sure I want to buy a whole other audio player though. I already have an ipod which I use for listening. 

Are there any portable amps that would work with an iPod Nano 7th generation?

Jul 1, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #5,885 of 75,563
  Hmmm, I'm not sure I want to buy a whole other audio player though. I already have an ipod which I use for listening. 

Are there any portable amps that would work with an iPod Nano 7th generation?

if it has the dock port you can get a LOD, a few places make them... i have a Bengkel Macro one that is super nice

ffio and some other people also make them

If it doesn't have a dock port i think you don't have much option

Jul 1, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #5,886 of 75,563

- Edifier H180

- VE Monk Plus

- Shozy Cygnus

- Rose Technology Mojito

- Awei ES10

- Apple EarPods

The only way to know is you go to headphone shop. Ask for random amp. Try it with each of yours. If any of it sounds even better for your taste, that one requires amp to get its final voice.

In your list, i have only ve monk plus. In my case, ve monk plus requires amp for me

Jul 1, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #5,889 of 75,563
I hope get soon a "real" Edimun v3, to compare it with Edimun v2. Expectation. :sunglasses:
13528537_10153911876022880_5084382996692264940_o.jpg

Jul 1, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #5,890 of 75,563
I hope get soon a "real" Edimun v3, to compare it with Edimun v2. Expectation. :sunglasses:
13528537_10153911876022880_5084382996692264940_o.jpg

The pictures here http://www.bengkelmacro.com/ev3-edimun-v3/ show both a straight and 90 degree plug. Do you have a choice?

When you spoke to them, did you learn whether there is any sacrifice in the lows to improve the mids over version 2?

Jul 2, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #5,895 of 75,563
Compared H180 to Red Demon....

shocked they are the same driver, the Red Demon sounds so different compared to a stock H180!

Mids are much more forward on Red Demon than H180, definitely a re-balanced sound for sure.

H180 easier to bump bass and overload it with sub bass though. I definitely treat them worse than the Red Demons.

Gotta get Edimun v3 then recable my own H180 and see what happens
evil_smiley.gif

Still using only the bMac MK2 3CH, this little thing seriously rocks. I probably use the 75 ohm output more than the normal headphone output. great for doing comparisons. Sound hits way above its price point. under $100 usd and an easy winner IMO...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back