Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 2, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #5,086 of 75,375
Off topic: But its so awesome!

I have obtained the forbidden fruit. Sealed brand new :D.

Jun 2, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #5,087 of 75,375
Just noticed something interesting. Doesnt look like original charger nor does it come with the black bag.

Jun 2, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #5,090 of 75,375
Jun 3, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #5,093 of 75,375
  Off topic: But its so awesome!

I have obtained the forbidden fruit. Sealed brand new :D.

huhu.. I thought they're out of stock long ago..
blink.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #5,094 of 75,375
At the end, i am listening to Zen 2 only :frowning2:
No matter how expensive or better sounding earbuds i buy, at the end i come back to Zen 2 only :)

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #5,096 of 75,375
Different people find different favorites.

I've got a bunch of earbuds that I rank above Tomahawk in performance (Blox TM7, Sony MDR-E252, Zen 1, Cygnus, Ting, Sennheiser OMX980 & MX985...). Still I most often pick Tomahawk as my "go to" earbud.

Well, if I didn't worry about TM7 breaking, I might pick that one as my "go to" earbud, but I don't want it to break.

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #5,097 of 75,375

I've got a bunch of earbuds that I rank above Tomahawk in performance (Blox TM7, Sony MDR-E252, Zen 1, Cygnus, Ting, Sennheiser OMX980 & MX985...). Still I most often pick Tomahawk as my "go to" earbud.

Well, if I didn't worry about TM7 breaking, I might pick that one as my "go to" earbud, but I don't want it to break.

lets say, if ting is 9, how much would you rate Tomahawk. I'm trying to gauge the price : performance ratio 
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #5,098 of 75,375
Perhaps 7,5? They have a very similar sound but at the same time a very different type of presentation where Tomahawk is very forward sounding while Ting is more distance sounding. So Ting works better if you want to do analytical listening, but it also works great on the go. I just raise the volume a little bit compared to Tomahawk.

But Tomahawk for me is just so fun sounding with great detail at the same time. 

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #5,099 of 75,375
  Perhaps 7,5? They have a very similar sound but at the same time a very different type of presentation where Tomahawk is very forward sounding while Ting is more distance sounding. So Ting works better if you want to do analytical listening, but it also works great on the go. I just raise the volume a little bit compared to Tomahawk.

But Tomahawk for me is just so fun sounding with great detail at the same time. 

Thanks for the scale 
ksc75smile.gif

I'm having tough time describing Tomahawk sound. To be honest they sound awesome!

I'm not new to forward mids but this is different. I CANT pinpoint exactly where the music is but I know that it's there. the division seems blurry but no.. no way they're blurry because I'm hearing great details an not losing focus (even if I tried to) at the same time. It's not liquid, its not smooth it's not the opposite either. One song you heard it "this way" and the next song, when you "think" you had it, BAM! then it threw away your expectation. Any time you think the song sound kinda "meh" next few seconds it explode in your face to reminds you "I'm here!!"

They sound like intimate, but very open and big too! and the only iem/earbud/headphone I had that sound convincingly 360°, no more missing  passage / detach / blurry when music panning  in hard front or hard back in binaural recordings. superb! if only they're better at holographic it'll be perfect (for the price it's already a steal!)

just my confused impressions 
eek.gif
 (for today).

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #5,100 of 75,375

Try one Zen 2, you will be amazed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back