Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 29, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #4,306 of 75,548
I have been in contact with Penon Audio. Requested if they could get the Music Maker Ting Red and Silver versions. They have replied and said it will be listed fairly soon for $69USD. I have had a fabulous experience ordering from them in the past. Quick delivery and awesome response time. I have been wanting to bundle the Ting and Cygnus as one purchase :D looks like it will happen soon. Woohoo

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #4,307 of 75,548
I'm curious about the sound difference between the Mrz Ting and the Tomahawk, any of you guy got both??
Will like to know the soundsignature of the Ting and have a comparaison if possible.

Othe earbud I got is the VJJB C1s and they suck and need big amping (32ohm) to got the best they can do. They most be inserted like IEM to feel a litlle airy and musical.

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #4,308 of 75,548

The smaller brother of Cy Ax Golden Reference, the Camp Fred. "mass produced" (20 units for now, but i heard they are plan to make more in the future). It has similar tuning to the Golden Reference. amazing sound  balance. Still tops most TOTL earbuds (sounds unlike any other buds imo). good bass impact and texture. mids is well presented with hints of warmness. highs extended very well with no harshness (foam applied). I'd say compared to the gold ref its a tad brighter. the golden reference has fuller sound and scale better when given high power source. still for around $ 100 the Camp Fred is very good and will become my daily driver.

If any of you are interested, I could inform and help you guys to order it if they decided to produce the third batch. also available in balance mode. 

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #4,309 of 75,548
  I'm curious about the sound difference between the Mrz Ting and the Tomahawk, any of you guy got both??
Will like to know the soundsignature of the Ting and have a comparaison if possible.

Othe earbud I got is the VJJB C1s and they suck and need big amping (32ohm) to got the best they can do. They most be inserted like IEM to feel a litlle airy and musical.

If I'm not mistaken @BloodyPenguin make a review about both models just check his profile, also ClieOS post some thoughts about them on first page.

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #4,310 of 75,548

If I'm not mistaken @BloodyPenguin make a review about both models just check his profile, also ClieOS post some thoughts about them on first page.

Oh, yes.  I meant to respond to this but I forgot.

The Tomahawk has some big fans and some big critics on the forums for its unique sound signature.  I think they are SUPER fun and they are one of my favorite earbuds for their crisp, tight playback.  Bass is very good and controled, though some owners say that the Tomahawk has a little artificial flavor.  I can understand this statement, it is most likely the same reason I think they are so fun.

For a more neutral and natural sound, the Ting is the way to go.  It can handle anything you throw at it with ease and detail.

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #4,311 of 75,548

ting is more neutral and musical than tomahawk

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #4,312 of 75,548
I see.. That is why 150ohm is a lot cheaper. I guess that 400 > 320 > 150ohm sequence in terms of SQ.. Thank you for sharing impression. :blush:

I don't think anyone has had a head-to-head comparison of the 320 ohm vs the 400 ohm version.  It may not be that cut and dried.

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #4,314 of 75,548
Please don't make me buy both to compare them. If I do someone has to promise to buy the 300 ohm version from me
biggrin.gif

If I don't like the 420ohm then i will sell that too probably... but dang it, I want to HEAR them!

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #4,315 of 75,548
  Please don't make me buy both to compare them. If I do someone has to promise to buy the 300 ohm version from me
biggrin.gif

If I don't like the 420ohm then i will sell that too probably... but dang it, I want to HEAR them!

Hey, I've got something that might push you over the edge on this purchase:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/headphone_metal/archives/52291418.html

I think that code works for the 320 ohm version as well.  Look at the previous postings.

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #4,316 of 75,548
May 1, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #4,317 of 75,548
Well @vapman I'm finally getting to sit down and listen to your Mojito, and I must admit it's a very impressive earbud.  I'll have to sit down and see what I think vs the MX985, but I suspect with the detachable cable giving options like a mic or balanced, it very well might win me over.  I'm really impressed with how much it seems to bring piano and guitar to life.

May 1, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #4,318 of 75,548
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Qian25-Bass-In-Ear-Earphone-Earbud-Headphones-Headset-Dynamic-Flat-Head-Plug-Earbud-Earphone-HIFI/32658261667.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.261.hAsNge
Anybody had these?? Any good for $6?

May 1, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #4,320 of 75,548

Users who are viewing this thread

Back