Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 27, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #4,291 of 75,547
  Alternative to the Edifier H/P185, please enjoy my review. Decent sound, affordable price, good build quality. Sound on the fuller side, a good alternative to stock buds.

Thank you!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/edifier-p275-noise-isolating-in-ear-monitor-earphones-black/reviews/15856

That is not Earbud sir and this thread is only about Earbud :)

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #4,292 of 75,547
  I also don't like the tomahawk.
1st it's too big for my ears, so i feel very uncomfortable. I love the Red ting.

I used Tomahawks only 2/3 times may be :frowning2:

It seems almost like a rule that those who don't like the Tomahawk love the Ting... While i don't dislike them, they failed to impress me the way i would expect from something that should be a "clearly" upgrade to the monks. If the vocals were slight less upfront and in-your-face maybe i would like them more. But now i'm really interested in the Tings, and that's bad... to my wallet 
frown.gif

Something i really liked in the Tomahawks vs the Monks was the bass. How the tomahawk bass compare to the Ting? And in general?

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #4,295 of 75,547

Is there anyone prefer Ting to Cygnus? If so, could you kindly share why? Thank you.

I really want to hear the Ting to compare it against the Tomahawk. The Cygnus was my favorite until I heard the Zen 2.0.

SeaHf 400ohm and Ting are on highest on my priority list of buds to hear.

For me 

SEAHF 400 ~ ZEN 2 > Ting > Cygnus.

Apr 28, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #4,297 of 75,547
It seems almost like a rule that those who don't like the Tomahawk love the Ting... While i don't dislike them, they failed to impress me the way i would expect from something that should be a "clearly" upgrade to the monks. If the vocals were slight less upfront and in-your-face maybe i would like them more. But now i'm really interested in the Tings, and that's bad... to my wallet :frowning2:  

Something i really liked in the Tomahawks vs the Monks was the bass. How the tomahawk bass compare to the Ting? And in general?

I like 'em both. To me, while Tomahawk is right up at the stage headbanging and stagediving, Ting stays further back in the audience and gives a more analytical presentation. As go to earbuds I pick Tomahawk and for more analytical listening I prefer Ting.

I have sometimes thought that there is some sort of coloring to the sound of both Tomahawk and Ting, so I can somewhat understand the comments of "unnatural highs". A little bit like the "chorus" effect on guitar pedals. Still, I prefer that to a more raw sound.

No matter how much I like Tomahawk, they are not even in my top 5. Definitely in my top 10 if I decide to expand my top 5...

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #4,298 of 75,547
Just received 3 Monk+ with Addons & the green Ting :)

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #4,299 of 75,547

It is so true about people hearing things different.  The Tomahawk is my favorite earbud right now.  Yet a while back people were praising the TinGo TG-38S and I could not sell my pair fast enough.

It does go to show that we can all hear the same thing in unique ways.

True. I love the Tomahawk for its' clarity and detail. If I want to enjoy those aspects of my music I grab them. 
I am interested in the Cygnus though.

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #4,300 of 75,547
Apr 28, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #4,301 of 75,547

Is there anyone prefer Ting to Cygnus? If so, could you kindly share why? Thank you.

I really want to hear the Ting to compare it against the Tomahawk. The Cygnus was my favorite until I heard the Zen 2.0.

For me 

Is there noticeable difference among Seahf LD2.0 150/320/400ohm in terms of sound? I see that seller at aliexpress offer all 3 options.. :cold_sweat:

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #4,302 of 75,547
Hey guys, I updated my personal list of earbuds similar to ClieOS's rankings in the original thread I made here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/727309/high-end-earbuds-ve-blox-shozy-etc-and-earbud-gear-discussion-impressions-thread

Hopefully this can be of help to some people that want another list to compare to ClieOS's and want a slightly more in depth look at each of these buds that comments on sound signature etc. Feel free to ask in that thread for more info if you have questions. I have a lot more earbuds coming in the mail so the list is small right now but it will get bigger. In general, I agree with a lot of ClieOS's thoughts, I guess my ears hear similarly. 

Apr 28, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #4,303 of 75,547
  Hey guys, I updated my personal list of earbuds similar to ClieOS's rankings in the original thread I made here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/727309/high-end-earbuds-ve-blox-shozy-etc-and-earbud-gear-discussion-impressions-thread

Hopefully this can be of help to some people that want another list to compare to ClieOS's and want a slightly more in depth look at each of these buds that comments on sound signature etc. Feel free to ask in that thread for more info if you have questions. I have a lot more earbuds coming in the mail so the list is small right now but it will get bigger. In general, I agree with a lot of ClieOS's thoughts, I guess my ears hear similarly. 

Oh very nice! Thx!

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #4,304 of 75,547

For me 

Is there noticeable difference among Seahf LD2.0 150/320/400ohm in terms of sound? I see that seller at aliexpress offer all 3 options.. :cold_sweat:

I have 150 n 400 versions.
150 is no weher near to 400 version.

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #4,305 of 75,547

For me 

I have 150 n 400 versions.
150 is no weher near to 400 version.

I see.. That is why 150ohm is a lot cheaper. I guess that 400 > 320 > 150ohm sequence in terms of SQ.. Thank you for sharing impression. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back