Ear Monitors Australia A.K.A: The $3500 16-way IEM, Made in Australia
Mar 9, 2013 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

White Lotus

Reviewer for Stereo.net.au
Has anyone had any experience with these guys? I was surprised to find people manufacturing customs inside Australia..

http://www.earmonitorsaustralia.com/

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #2 of 16
Haven't heard anything about them before, but then again looks like they are endorsed by Barnesy, so must be at least half decent...

...but that price...ouch!! typical ripped off Australian prices...

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 16
I emailed them about possibly getting my UM3X reshelled. I'm going to go with unique melody, but I just wanted to see if there was any alternative to sending my work IEMs away for months.

This was the response I received: 

[size=x-small]Thankyou for your enquiry.[/size]
[size=x-small]We take the Imps, manufacture and supply our own brand of EMA In Ear Monitors.[/size]
[size=x-small]We are the only company that manufactures and services them here.[/size]
[size=x-small]We do not recommend re-using the speakers from other companies generics, mainly down to their fragility and over longevity/ sound quality.[/size]
[size=x-small]Everything we make has a  comprehensive 12 month warranty that includes things like accidental damage, speaker failure, the 'fit' of the In Ears and shells. No one else does this. Even our cables come with a warranty.[/size]
[size=x-small]We also do not charge extra for the Imp taking.[/size]

[size=x-small]Investment starts from $285 and goes all the way to $3500 for 16 way IEM's[/size]
[size=x-small]There is one set price- there are no additional fees or charges.[/size]
[size=x-small]A good starting point are Semi Pro Duals $990 or Dual Lite at $1600 and they are upgradeable- so you just pay the difference to move to the next model (as long as they aren't too old)[/size]

[size=x-small]Please let me know if you would like any further details.  We offer an Australia wide and International service.[/size]

Yep, that's $3500 for 16 way IEM's.

Yowza. Anyone had any experience with these guys?

Mar 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:
I emailed them about possibly getting my UM3X reshelled. I'm going to go with unique melody, but I just wanted to see if there was any alternative to sending my work IEMs away for months.

This was the response I received: 

Yep, that's $3500 for 16 way IEM's.

Yowza. Anyone had any experience with these guys?

WAIT, 16-way? This is crazy, if not impossible. They really meant 16 way or 16 drivers?

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

WAIT, 16-way? This is crazy, if not impossible. They really meant 16 way or 16 drivers?

16 WAY??????? ........... i remember that once a headphone site has written Westone 4's have a 4 way configuration.... despite what they really intended to say was 4 drivers... and... i dont think 16 way is even possible.. How can they stuff 16 Drivers per-side if they bring the setup as low as 1 BA per One frequency...  Its imaginable if they use Klipsch X10i type BA's... yet i doubt it... no way man no way.. this is nothing but a Fat mistake... 

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 16
Didn't Fullcircle (Heir Audio) show a proof-of-concept 20-driver CIEM inspired after that Sleek Audio April Fool's joke? Can't find the link, but remember hearing him say something about it being unpractical. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #7 of 16
IF im not wrong it will be a size of  40mm dyanamic Driver... wich is un-insert able.. lol

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #8 of 16
Interested to see how do they make the world's first 16-way IEM, and looking forward to impressions for such IEM....
bigsmile_face.gif

Early April fool lol?
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:
So...who's gonna be the guinea pig for the $3,500, 16-way CIEM?

I think what he meant by 16-way could be 8-driver each side...

Precisely 

Mar 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:
Didn't Fullcircle (Heir Audio) show a proof-of-concept 20-driver CIEM inspired after that Sleek Audio April Fool's joke? Can't find the link, but remember hearing him say something about it being unpractical. 

You mean this? http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.249626365091308.72484.248175561903055&type=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back