DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 12, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #12,317 of 14,084
So the fiio x5 has dual sd card slots and works without hitch as a pc dac. The sound quality also is comparable to the dx90. So what's to keep me hanging on with my dx90? I'm using NAD HP50S with it and the sound is superb but I just need more memory and more reliable fw.

New X5 was just announced.  Available June 15th.  The competition in this space is heating up!

May 12, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #12,318 of 14,084
So the fiio x5 has dual sd card slots and works without hitch as a pc dac. The sound quality also is comparable to the dx90. So what's to keep me hanging on with my dx90? I'm using NAD HP50S with it and the sound is superb but I just need more memory and more reliable fw.

Nothing. If you think X5 is better and suit you better why don't simply sell your DX90 and replace it with X5? Especially if you want more memory and reliable fw. 

May 13, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #12,319 of 14,084
each has its own standpoint, and each has its standout,so its not uo for debate

May 13, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #12,320 of 14,084
To understand this guy right here :

She/He took the iBasso DX90 + firmware, changed some parts on both hardware & FW
and sell it as his own product ? Plus, offering/teasing us a half-baked FW of his hard work for free ???

How charitable, i thought iBasso wrote the firmware and payed many licensing fees for doing
this firmware. Taking money for a Hardware Mod is a complete other thing.

Cheers
Lisa

red wine audio?  highly respected; hardware mods various dap's, mostly ak's.  it's a business.
so this guy gives away the firmware, just like lurker0.  you only pay him if you get the hardware mods.  and he doesn't seem all that interested in drumming up business, per se.  so i don't see the problem.

May 13, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #12,321 of 14,084
each has its own standpoint, and each has its standout

Exactly the reason why I still have/use them both after all these months
wink.gif

May 13, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #12,322 of 14,084
To understand this guy right here :

She/He took the iBasso DX90 + firmware, changed some parts on both hardware & FW
and sell it as his own product ? Plus, offering/teasing us a half-baked FW of his hard work for free ???

How charitable, i thought iBasso wrote the firmware and payed many licensing fees for doing
this firmware. Taking money for a Hardware Mod is a complete other thing.

Cheers
Lisa

windowsx post got removed, served him right

May 13, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #12,323 of 14,084
Yeah, served me right. Let the firmware development ended with Lurker0 and doc2008 (Is he still updating?).

May 13, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #12,324 of 14,084
Yeah, served me right. Let the firmware development ended with Lurker0 and doc2008 (Is he still updating?).

it doesn't matter as long it's a complete product, some phones don't get updates that often and i don't see people nagging the phone not usable because of no updates

May 13, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #12,325 of 14,084
Yeah. Good for you. Whatever, I had enough of this.

May 13, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #12,328 of 14,084
And I tweaked this on top of Lurker's latest version.

-Added some Fidelity script optimizations into boot image
-Changed I/O priority of core audio apps/services to real-time with highest priority level
-Set shell command user to root for running script in system partition with root access
-Removed adb and few other services (Lurker may decide to keep it but service is still running at minimal level for detection and end-user people hardly use it)

Because default DX90 has its ups and downs with my current full firmware mod that can cause some negative effects, I put in only boot image instead because it takes time to adjust configuration to compensate with DX90's sound signature hoping someone will continue the work for better. And I planned that I will use some of my spare time improving system partition for default DX90 devices but I guess random modded firmwares aren't really needed here. So mod them yourself. This is the last clue I'll give you guys.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-u/themes-apps/mod-xperia-fidelity-7-0-audio-t1677176
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/development/soundmod-purexaudio-v22-final-t2190558

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back