DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 26, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #5,671 of 14,084
  Correct me if I'm wrong but...DX90 is purely a digital audio player. All it does is play music, it can't use Spotify or anything like that. You drag and drop files through a USB connection to the internal memory or MicroSD card and thats it.

RainHeaven, you may be mistaken:) I've played music from my Squeezebox system (LogitechmediaServer), including radio stations, through the DX90. I'm not a subscriber to Spotify, but I don't see why it would not stream songs through the DX90 when used as a DAC. It's worth a try to see if it will work, assuming one has has installed the Windows 32 bit DAC driver.

May 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #5,672 of 14,084
  RainHeaven, you may be mistaken:) I've played music from my Squeezebox system (LogitechmediaServer), including radio stations, through the DX90. I'm not a subscriber to Spotify, but I don't see why it would not stream songs from Spotify. It's worth a try to see if it will work, assuming that the OP has installed the Windows 32 bit DAC driver.

Oh, I thought he meant using Spotify directly on the DX90. Didn't think about the USB DAC function.

May 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #5,673 of 14,084
  Lots of happy owners, who haven't heard the DX90  
size]

I don't ever suffer from buyers remorse because money is not a big deal to me  
size]
  In fact I would have kept the ZX1 along side the DX90 if it could do anything SQ related better than DX90, but unfortunately the ZX1 gets severely trampled by the DX90 in all areas of SQ. Even in UI responsiveness the DX90 has equaled the ZX1! In fact the only actual areas where the ZX1 wins in any way is that it has more features in the UI (playlists, tag sorting etc) and the features implemented work, like an actually good EQ with perfectly working gapless, screen can display 7 songs at a time, while the DX90 can only display 4 songs. But none of those things matter as the DX90 steamrolls the ZX1 in SQ.

I have read this a few times. I would still like to hear a ZX1 but the only way is to buy one since nothing like that exists here that could be auditioned. I also got an email from a person who has just about everything, from the AK240 down and the Hugo and continues to be amazed with the DX90. They like the ZX1 also but I think it is about enjoying the music and having a lot of gadgets to play with. 

The reaction speed of the DX90 to buttons and screen is just about instant. Amazing to me, how fast everything is now. 

The ZX1 is still a curiosity to me but not as much as when it got out the first time. I actually placed an order and canceled pretty much few days later. I am not regretting it though.

The DX90 is a boon or a curse, depends how you look at it. I predicted that a good ESS Tech DAC 9018(K2 as well) would be a great player to own, even more a better dual implementation coupled with a very good amp. That is pretty much what the DX90 is (boon), the curse is still the firmware but because the sq is so good we are more inclined to be patient. My last prediction with the current player is that once it reaches firmware maturity like the DX50 has, they'll be nothing to talk about but praises, there will be nothing wrong about it and everything right. Until then, some pain may ensue.

On another note, even though I switch between the two DXs, I still have a great experience with the Intruder out of the LO of both players. I believe it's Ray magic. I am so puzzled about what he did in that amp, I opened it up many times but can't figure out exactly what makes it so special. My ears just tell me, don't disconnect it please. I would not be surprised that this would be the type of experience a desktop amp listener would have. Once I get my desktop amp/dac I'll be in a better position to gauge it, until then music is never going to be the same again. Translation: I am hooked.

May 26, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #5,674 of 14,084
Now if only the usb dac problems would get ironed out I could add the DX90 to my short list.  Really don't want to spend AK240 money for something so tiny but options are pretty thin :frowning2:

May 26, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #5,679 of 14,084
Anyone know if there is a Mac update of the firmware in the pipeline? I seem to remember someone mentioning it might be a while?

I reported to iBasso and the initial answer was one of curiosity. They mentioned they were going to look into it and give me a response. I think they initially told me it could not be done but right now I am not too sure @jamato8 should be able to join in my answer.

May 26, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #5,683 of 14,084
Active speakers.

they are looking into the Mac option.

May 26, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #5,684 of 14,084
Hi all... 

I am very happy that I received my iBasso DX90. First I had AKG K550. I love AKG but unfortunately I didn't like the harsh highs especially around 6k. Then I bought a pair of Fischer Amps 4E XB. That phones sounded weird too... There is a strong bass around 300 Hz. but nothing under it... So I suspected that maybe I have some problems with my ears.... Than finally after reading very nice comments I bought a Grado PS500.... They really sound amazing even without any burning process...  Everything in its right place... So I wonder if I can take it one step further... Is there any amp that I should use with DX90 or its own amp is enough...  Do you have any ideas to improve the sound even more?. 

Thanks 

May 26, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #5,685 of 14,084
Yeah, just use the coaxial digital out from the DX90 to those speaker and use their remote control, and you're good to go they accept spdif IN and have their own remote :

Users who are viewing this thread

Back