DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 26, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #5,686 of 14,084
Just checking ..
I'm on ver 2.0.5 and so far my scan time for my 64gb card takes about 10 min.
The albums are mainly in lossless format with embedded cdcover, album artist, cd title and song title.

But it seem that most ver 2.0.5 users claim their scan time is lightning fast...

Rgds

May 26, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #5,688 of 14,084
Is the DX90 close to the AK120 in sound quality? I'm sure I need to go back into this thread and look for comparisons between DAPs

May 26, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #5,689 of 14,084
^ That is a very subjective question. The answer will depend on many factors (i.e. phones, music, and personal preferences).

I for one never liked it on JH16. Bass for me was anemic on rock/metal songs (Metallica, STP) and the highs don't sound quite right (cymbal crashes does sound accurate to me)

DX90 has definitely stronger bass response and clear mids/highs. But take it with a grain of salt. I heard the AK120 a long time ago and at that time I prefered my DX50+C5D stack over AK120 alone.

Whenever possible, you should compare it with your own headphones yourself if you can find a demo.

I you look back on this thread there are a few who owns or at least owned both at the same time and prefer the DX90. I'm pretty sure others would have an opposite view.

May 27, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #5,696 of 14,084
I want the best details I can get out of my mp3 players :relieved:... Will this player suffice :yum:

Not sure if it will ever, at this moment it might but ask the same question few months down the road it might not and for some owning more than one allows them to reach a better balance using one with specific gears and another with different ones. It will depend on what sonic characteristics you are looking for and phones you own or think of owning. Last, it would also depend on what you want to do with it. Lots of things to think about before one can even provide a satisfactory answer to your question.

May 27, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #5,699 of 14,084
Not sure what that means organic natural? I know what organic or natural in the food business means but what is it in the audio business? Now detailed yes that I can perceive and agree with that assessment. I am not going to repeat what others said about the player SQ, it's been discussed at length in this thread, needless to say, at least for me, sound wise the player is one of the most enjoyable to listen to as is without an outside amp hence making it truly portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back