DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 26, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #5,656 of 14,084
Has anyone tried DX90 with Fischer Amps 4E XB?. I always have to take 180 Hz. and 330 Hz. down 3-4 dB. It feels like there is the bass but no sub bass.. That is very disturbing when  you listen to some electronic/dance music with the kicks... For other genres it is ok... I think DX90 and FA 4E's are not a good combo... Or maybe I have some faulty copies...

Btw I was hearing a very strong ringing around 6k with my AKG K550's.. So maybe it's better if I get my ears checked first..  :)

May 26, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #5,658 of 14,084
My DX90 (first batch) is now broken. I got everyting working but only one function is now dead. My DX90 doesn't charge the battery anymore. I tested everything already. I even got a genuine S3 battery... I contacted ibasso and they said to send it back, and I feel it's ok while the shipping is so darn expensive here...
I'm pondering keeping it and sending when there is something really serious and using an external battery charger...

Smart choice, I feel the same about shipping. As long as you have a good charger, that should work. Look for a good charger, mine has ended being useless as it takes almost 10 hours to charge the battery while the native one only takes few hours from a wall outlet.

May 26, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #5,660 of 14,084

Yep M-13. It's with the Slow Roll-off filter. I do have a problem differentiating (other than with very careful critical listening) the differences between the two filters (more burn-in time needed-have about 50 hours?).
I'd be interested in how others hear the filters. Are they/should they be night and day, or more subtle?

May 26, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #5,661 of 14,084

Yep M-13. It's with the Slow Roll-off filter. I do have a problem differentiating (other than with very careful critical listening) the differences between the two filters (more burn-in time needed-have about 50 hours?).
I'd be interested in how others hear the filters. Are they/should they be night and day, or more subtle?

The difference is indeed subtle, but any one who considers themselves an audiophile should be able to spot it without much trouble. 50 hours of burn in could very well be the cause of making it hard to hear the difference, (my DX90 sounded very average at 50 hours) you need to get closer to 200 hours before the DX90 becomes refined enough to easily hear micro details

May 26, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #5,662 of 14,084
DX90 (Firmware v.2.0.5) slow roll off filter and earsonics sm64 v2 sounds fantastic and this is only with about 20 hrs on the dap. I expect to only get better from what i've read here.

i got my dx90 last week from mp4nation. they shipped very soon after getting new stock and i got it within a few days. the silicone case was a bit damaged and they agreed to ship me a new one no charge with no questions asked after sending them a few pics. also asked for some screen protectors which i said i will pay for but they said they'll send  some for free. very good people to deal with.

May 26, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #5,663 of 14,084
  I have been contemplating whether should I switch from my Sony F887 to the DX90. Has anyone done any comparison yet?

Here's the deal: I had a ZX1, I then bought a DX90, 1 week later I sold the ZX1, do you get the picture 
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #5,665 of 14,084

Yeah, you don't know what you want or you made a mistake or you had buyer's remorse.
biggrin.gif

According to the XZ1 threads there are lots of happy owners. 
size]

Lots of happy owners, who haven't heard the DX90  
size]

I don't ever suffer from buyers remorse because money is not a big deal to me  
size]
  In fact I would have kept the ZX1 along side the DX90 if it could do anything SQ related better than DX90, but unfortunately the ZX1 gets severely trampled by the DX90 in all areas of SQ. Even in UI responsiveness the DX90 has equaled the ZX1! In fact the only actual areas where the ZX1 wins in any way is that it has more features in the UI (playlists, tag sorting etc) and the features implemented work, like an actually good EQ with perfectly working gapless, screen can display 7 songs at a time, while the DX90 can only display 4 songs. But none of those things matter as the DX90 steamrolls the ZX1 in SQ.

May 26, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #5,666 of 14,084
Hi. If I wanted to connect the DX90 to loudspeakers, can I use speakers with a built-in amplifier as my current AudioEngine A5 speakers, or should I use speakers without an amplifier since the DX90 has its own amp? Which would be better?

May 26, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #5,667 of 14,084
Just run the line out from the DX90 to the 3.5mm in of the A5+.  It sounds great, I do that with mine from time to time when I'm too lazy to fire my computer up.

May 26, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #5,669 of 14,084
  Hi,

Is it possible to download songs from Spotify using DX90? I'm a Spotify user and am looking for a DAP...

Correct me if I'm wrong but...DX90 is purely a digital audio player. All it does is play music, it can't use Spotify or anything like that. You drag and drop files through a USB connection to the internal memory or MicroSD card and thats it.

May 26, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #5,670 of 14,084

Here's the deal: I had a ZX1, I then bought a DX90, 1 week later I sold the ZX1, do you get the picture 
biggrin.gif

I have read this a few times. I would still like to hear a ZX1 but the only way is to buy one since nothing like that exists here that could be auditioned. I also got an email from a person who has just about everything, from the AK240 down and the Hugo and continues to be amazed with the DX90. They like the ZX1 also but I think it is about enjoying the music and having a lot of gadgets to play with. 

The reaction speed of the DX90 to buttons and screen is just about instant. Amazing to me, how fast everything is now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back