DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 24, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #5,582 of 14,084
Hi, i have try to downgrade the firmware of dx90 to 2.00 for 2.05 using rkbatchtools method . but duing the first boot it unresponsive at start-up screen for around 20 mins than i just took out the battery and put it back after that it become normal again . Anyone also experience this when downgrading or Is it normal because i saw the guide just suppose to be few minutes of unresponsive only?

May 24, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #5,584 of 14,084

Is Gapless turned on? If so, perhaps it is momentarily incorrectly sensing the end of the track.

Yes gapless is always on. It didn't happen replaying the same track. And I only use the unit stationary and line out to an amp.

OK, the "Gapless on" was an interesting suggestion, I had it also always turned on. Turned it of yesterday and it just happened again, so I guess we can exclude that option...

May 24, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #5,585 of 14,084
How does the ibasso sound when used as a  USB dac/amp.

Anyone to do the honors of comparing it to say an audioquest dragonfly, hrt micrsostreamer or something??

If it's been done in the previous 370 pages - can someone point me to it?

May 24, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #5,586 of 14,084
How does the ibasso sound when used as a  USB dac/amp.

Anyone to do the honors of comparing it to say an audioquest dragonfly, hrt micrsostreamer or something??

If it's been done in the previous 370 pages - can someone point me to it?

I'll compare it to the original Dragonfly once the 64 bit driver is out

May 24, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #5,589 of 14,084
  Hi, i have try to downgrade the firmware of dx90 to 2.00 for 2.05 using rkbatchtools method . but duing the first boot it unresponsive at start-up screen for around 20 mins than i just took out the battery and put it back after that it become normal again . Anyone also experience this when downgrading or Is it normal because i saw the guide just suppose to be few minutes of unresponsive only?

Managed to restore back to 2.0.0  using TG334 dun quite like the SQ of 2.0.5 unless i use fast roll off + amp gain highest but still doesnt sound as fun as 2.0.0

May 24, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #5,590 of 14,084
May 24, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #5,592 of 14,084

Parallels and VMWare are in mature state now to a point that dual-booting a Mac doesn't make sense anymore. I used parallels to run Windows and all hardware I hook up through USB works like a charm on virtualized Windows. But I am not going to use Windows just to run DX90 as a DAC. I have not upgraded my parallels yet so it runs on Maverick. To be honest I don't want to go back to Windows. Everything I used now are available in MacOSX. Except the USB DAC for DX90.

I'm a slow roll fan but would like the unit to lean up a bit to make the slow filter more tonally synergistic. I'm not complaining as it sounds great.
smile.gif

May 24, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #5,594 of 14,084
Now back to 2.0.0 n my foot start tapping automatically while listening to it. I smile the same smile when I first got n listen to the dx90. Seriously What ibasso do to firmware 2.0.5. Been trying to get use to it tried many configurations slow or sharp roll and gain switch.. No way to get that dynamic n wide soundstage of 2.0.0. Sorry IMHO the 2.0.5 sound worst then Dx50.. I dun care abt the over sensitive screen or UI. SQ my top concern.

May 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #5,595 of 14,084
Now back to 2.0.0 n my foot start tapping automatically while listening to it. I smile the same smile when I first got n listen to the dx90. Seriously What ibasso do to firmware 2.0.5. Been trying to get use to it tried many configurations slow or sharp roll and gain switch.. No way to get that dynamic n wide soundstage of 2.0.0. Sorry IMHO the 2.0.5 sound worst then Dx50.. I dun care abt the over sensitive screen or UI. SQ my top concern.

All a matter of personal preference I would guess. I have read a number of posts of those who prefer the new FW to the first and those who prefer the first and some who do not hear much of a difference. There does not appear to be any absolute right or wrong, just personal choice. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back