DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jan 3, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #13,293 of 14,084
  Is anyone else experiencing sound cutting in and out on their unit? I haven't noticed this till now. It's like the song pauses then resumes inadvertently. Did a factory reset but no fix. Considering downgrading to FW 2.2 if it's a FW issue. 

Sound cutting in and out sounds like the micro sd card issue - lurker described a solution somewhere in this thread which involves erasing the card and recopying all files to it in one go. Do you also experience this issue when playing songs from internal memory?

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #13,294 of 14,084
I'm on fw 2.3.0 lurker, and not having this issue. Did you try playing songs from internal memory only?it could be sdcard related

Sound cutting in and out sounds like the micro sd card issue - lurker described a solution somewhere in this thread which involves erasing the card and recopying all files to it in one go. Do you also experience this issue when playing songs from internal memory?

It only happen on the first 10 minute. For around 4 times. Yes i did tried what Lurker suggested. 2 times. It still happen though.
Internal I have not tried.

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #13,295 of 14,084
On sound dropouts: I formatted a new card and copied all my music to it, as per Lurker's instructions, but still experienced dropouts. The card I was using (a class 10 Patriot 128GB with about a 48MB/s read rate) must have been too slow. I reformatted the card I had dropouts on previously (a Lexar 128GB card with a 90+MB/s read rate), copied my music over, and have had no dropouts.

Of course, I just added some new music to it, and now the new music drops out. 
mad.gif

So possibly try a faster card?

I may post another issue I have soon if I can't find it elsewhere in the forums...

Jan 3, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #13,296 of 14,084
  On sound dropouts: I formatted a new card and copied all my music to it, as per Lurker's instructions, but still experienced dropouts. The card I was using (a class 10 Patriot 128GB with about a 48MB/s read rate) must have been too slow. I reformatted the card I had dropouts on previously (a Lexar 128GB card with a 90+MB/s read rate), copied my music over, and have had no dropouts.

Of course, I just added some new music to it, and now the new music drops out. 
mad.gif

So possibly try a faster card?

I may post another issue I have soon if I can't find it elsewhere in the forums...

In your case I doubt that it's a card issue. Try playing music directly from the SD card when inserted into your PC. I doubt it would skip. As for Lurker's suggestion and per Paul's suggestion I will try later.

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #13,298 of 14,084
I hope we will get hibernation mode. It really annoying when I need to turn it on, wait for booting everytime I need to use it. Since the battery life is very short I can't turn it on for a whole day. Look at the Fiio's DAP they just hit the power button and ready to go

i prefer an alteration on the sound control ability on the line out port, it's damm annoying having to change volume back and forth when using that 2 ports

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #13,301 of 14,084
first time heard of variable line out and i tremendously hate it, line out are fixed gain for a reason and are more accepted

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #13,302 of 14,084
Agreed on the LO volume thing. My iRiver H320 does the same thing. I was puzzled when I first got it, since I assumed "line out" should be consistent.

I vividly remember wrecking my hearing with my MiniDisc portables by forgetting to switch from "line" to "headphone." :)

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #13,304 of 14,084
I also like a variable line out - I've found it useful to be able to lower the output into some external amps to give more play in the volume. I've learned, the hard way though, to always check the current volume setting before plugging headphones directly into the DX90. As a matter of fact, I do that now will all equipment before using head phones. I think it's a good practice.

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #13,305 of 14,084
I also like a variable line out - I've found it useful to be able to lower the output into some external amps to give more play in the volume. I've learned, the hard way though, to always check the current volume setting before plugging headphones directly into the DX90. As a matter of fact, I do that now will all equipment before using head phones. I think it's a good practice.

EXACTLY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back