DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 22, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #11,551 of 14,084
The brightness of DX90 is suitable for me even with 150 of value. Because with this player generate less noise from the screen :)
And for real the DX90 is not a flashlight as I think.

I walk a lot during the day, and since I live in a tropical climate, the sun can get quite bright with clear skies. The screen can get illegible during these times if I don't set it at its brightest. Indoors and during the night, keeping it halfway is good enough.

I think a shortcut for brightness at the homescreen is definitely not an absolute necessity, but it would improve usability a lot.

Just now I got the case for DX90 by Dignis (korean natural leather and handmaded) and I can only say one thing - its quality is excellent! The "dark brown" color in my case.

It's not an advertisment, but just search for "dignis dx90" if anyone interested.

Pics please. :) I am interested in this case as well. :) Thanks!

41u-KzaAukL.jpg

Pictures are available in many places, just searched on Google or you can go to the brand's official website:)
I'm using the brown one too, fits perfectly and looks really gorgeous on my dx90

Mar 22, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #11,554 of 14,084
Mar 23, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #11,559 of 14,084
Btw, I discovered that turning backlight to zero,screen still is lightly illuminated when briefly pressing power button to turn it off.

Yes it has always been like that also with DX50. I keep mine at 1 and then it is totalky of

Mar 23, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #11,560 of 14,084
  Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting an amp for my DX90 (you know, new gear syndrome
tongue.gif
). I've been eyeing the Cayin C5. What do you guys think? I've read some impressions on the DX90/C5 pairing but I'm still unsure. Could anyone with the Cayin C5 elaborate more on the DX90/C5 pairing? Thanks!

The only question is WHY?! DX90 has decent amp, capable drive even HD650, not to mention low impedance IEM's.

Mar 23, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #11,562 of 14,084
  The DX90 definitely doesn't need an amp for iems. I mate my DX90 with o2 amp when at home to drive my full size headphones though. I love the sound from both configurations.

You are right but I hear more air when driving my LE3 with E12Diy and Muses02 inside :)

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #11,563 of 14,084
The only question is WHY?! DX90 has decent amp, capable drive even HD650, not to mention low impedance IEM's.

I've never seen a definitive answer to whether the DX90 can comfortably drive the HD650s.Have you actually tried this combo yourself? Does anyone else have a positive opinion on this?

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #11,564 of 14,084
The reason why an amp is not recommended for iems is apart from the fact that dx90 amp is plenty capable,you end up colouring the sound and don't get the pure,unadulterated ibasso sound.For example the cayin c5 which i have adds a warmth to the signature,the vocals are more intimate,the soundstage expands but because it emphasizes the mids and lows (bass boost is very good if you have an iem lacking)you lose some of that sparkle up high which dx90 is known and again the tonality changes.On the whole while i would recommend the c5 because it's a good combination with dx90 especially headfones you should know that the sound signature won't be the same and that's true for most amps.

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #11,565 of 14,084
I've never seen a definitive answer to whether the DX90 can comfortably drive the HD650s.Have you actually tried this combo yourself? Does anyone else have a positive opinion on this?

I would imagine it sounds great but if you like your music on the louder side, like I do, you will probably want to use an amp.

It's night and day for me with my Philips L1 when I plug up my O2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back