DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 17, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #11,431 of 14,084
Has anybody managed to make the DX90 work as a DAC on Windows 8.1 ? With windows 7 I can see the DX90 as a playback selection but not in Windows 8.1 . It does see in the device manager a Mango Device was Mango USB interface...

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #11,434 of 14,084
Right, so not only does it not work on OS X but neither does it or Windows 8.1 or 8 from the looks of it. GRRRRRRRR Cayen N6 is looking more and more tempting by the day if it was not for the size and the fact that I do like the sound signature.

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #11,435 of 14,084
Right, so not only does it not work on OS X but neither does it or Windows 8.1 or 8 from the looks of it. GRRRRRRRR Cayen N6 is looking more and more tempting by the day if it was not for the size and the fact that I do like the sound signature.

It works on win8.1 but it is not simple to get it to work and there are problems with audio sync if used with video. There are complete instructions somewhere in either this or the other DX90 thread.

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #11,437 of 14,084
It works on win8.1 but it is not simple to get it to work and there are problems with audio sync if used with video. There are complete instructions somewhere in either this or the other DX90 thread.

I don't care for video, tidal is only thing I need it to work for... can't seem to be able to find the instruction on this thread though at 800 pages.... fat chance

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #11,439 of 14,084
  Has anybody managed to make the DX90 work as a DAC on Windows 8.1 ? With windows 7 I can see the DX90 as a playback selection but not in Windows 8.1 . It does see in the device manager a Mango Device was Mango USB interface...

The sequence to make things work is:
1) Download the USB-DAC driver from ibasso.com
2) Install the driver (can be omitted, but I did install the driver first)
3) Unrar\unzip the contents of the driver archive in a separate folder
4) Turn the DX 90 on, go to Settings->USB settings-> set the "DAC" mode
5) Open your Control panel->Device manager
6) Connect DX 90 usb cable to your PC (USE USB 2.0, USB 3.0 IS NOT RECOMMENDED DUE TO DX90'S CONFORMANCE WITH USB SPECIFICATIONS ISSUES). After the DAP displays "DAC mode" on the screen you should see a new "Mango" device in the list of your audio devices in device manager.
BE WARNED! Mango device is displayed in the list just for a few seconds, then it disappears. So before the Mango device disappers from the list you need to select it and select "Update driver", select manual search for a driver directory and specify the folder you've previously unzipped the USB driver archive to.
After the driver is installed you should see the Mango device in the list of Playback devices and can enjoy DX 90 working in a DAC mode...with all the lags and sporadic reboots:))

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #11,440 of 14,084
6) Connect DX 90 usb cable to your PC (USE USB 2.0, USB 3.0 IS NOT RECOMMENDED DUE TO DX90'S CONFORMANCE WITH USB SPECIFICATIONS ISSUES). After the DAP displays "DAC mode" on the screen you should see a new "Mango" device in the list of your audio devices in device manager.
BE WARNED! Mango device is displayed in the list just for a few seconds, then it disappears. So before the Mango device disappers from the list you need to select it and select "Update driver", select manual search for a driver directory and specify the folder you've previously unzipped the USB driver archive to.
After the driver is installed you should see the Mango device in the list of Playback devices and can enjoy DX 90 working in a DAC mode...with all the lags and sporadic reboots:))

Hm done it god knows how many times, the Mango shows as a usb interface on the device manager but not in the sound and video game controllers...

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #11,442 of 14,084

I got it to install as a sound device but selecting it blue screens with an error about mango_ad.sys . I love the sound but really the drivers/software is quite PITA

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #11,443 of 14,084
Hi guys,

I'm using a 64gb class 10 microsd card with default cluster size ( does it matter ? )

Was on DX90FirmwareV2.1.8-L0.zip but there is random skipping ( more frequent )
Downgraded to DX90FirmwareV2.1.5-L2.zip ( skip only once - seems to improve )

After firmware upgrade, I will factory reset.

Pls advise if there's anything that I done wrong. I have not used any stock FW yet.

Thanks.

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #11,444 of 14,084
Hi guys,

I'm using a 64gb class 10 microsd card with default cluster size ( does it matter ? )

Was on DX90FirmwareV2.1.8-L0.zip but there is random skipping ( more frequent )
Downgraded to DX90FirmwareV2.1.5-L2.zip ( skip only once - seems to improve )

After firmware upgrade, I will factory reset.

Pls advise if there's anything that I done wrong. I have not used any stock FW yet.

Thanks.

The card is best formatted to MS-DOS fat. I format all my cards to this and have no problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back