DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 3, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #10,906 of 14,084
  You can use the Meenova. It works very well. That can give you a potential 256gb of memory.

Some manufactures have gone from one memory slot to 2 and some from 2 to 1. We will continue to work on the best options.

With the meenova and SD to Micro SD extender, you can go 512GB + 128 GB (micro sd) = 640GB of portable goodness.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #10,907 of 14,084
You can use the Meenova. It works very well. That can give you a potential 256gb of memory.

Some manufactures have gone from one memory slot to 2 and some from 2 to 1. We will continue to work on the best options.

It works well but really eats battery

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #10,908 of 14,084
maybe because it is the 'USB OTG' thingy.the extender+full size shouldnt eat the battery all that much i think.That PNY card selling around $100 on ebay from US seller,which is about the same price for a 126gb microSD in my country.the extender is another $20-ish.i think i remember reading about someone here or the dx50 thread that use these contraption.

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #10,910 of 14,084
Is their anyone using the DX90 as DAC with their laptops/computers? I cannot install the driver even after turning off digital driver enforcement in windows. Need help as I really want to use them as DAC.

I am using 64 bit windows 8.1, if that helps. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #10,911 of 14,084
Is their anyone using the DX90 as DAC with their laptops/computers? I cannot install the driver even after turning off digital driver enforcement in windows. Need help as I really want to use them as DAC.

It can be a pain to get it to work but there are full step by step instructions in this or the other DX90 thread

Mar 4, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #10,914 of 14,084
Will it ever be workimg with Mac?

Probably not. iBasso have never said it would but rather said they didn't plan to nor had the expertise to make it do

Mar 4, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #10,916 of 14,084
Back to the music, after my first 2 months with the DX90 spent on low gain , I tried high gain, and I must say I prefer it, it gives a punchier bass, and smoothens a little mids, which I find very good, since I mainly use a Hifiman re600-s, that is already mid forwarded.

To obtain the same output level, with high gain I can stay lower on volume, and to me , it's a better combo, since as said before, the mids are less prominent.

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #10,917 of 14,084
  Back to the music, after my first 2 months with the DX90 spent on low gain , I tried high gain, and I must say I prefer it, it gives a punchier bass, and smoothens a little mids, which I find very good, since I mainly use a Hifiman re600-s, that is already mid forwarded.

To obtain the same output level, with high gain I can stay lower on volume, and to me , it's a better combo, since as said before, the mids are less prominent.

I prefer high gain on DX90 too. My earbuds is Yuin PK1 (150 ohm) and mid gain make it sound thin and dry.

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #10,918 of 14,084

Not trying to criticize your favoured listening settings or anything, but thought I'd point out ... do you understand that the volume control on the DX90 is digital? It transforms the waveform of the music BEFORE it gets amplified. The amplification is fixed depending on what gain you choose. If you've the volume at less than 255 (100%), you're losing quality from your music. Obviously you cant just whack it up to 100% and keep your hearing ... but the further away from 100%, the more information (quality) you're losing from your music. I have it on low gain so for me comfortable is 230 and up ... depending on the track. (I think I'm a quite moderate volume level listener).

Whether anyone could hear the difference in quality, say from 230 at low gain and 200 at hi gain, is a whole other question.

Note, this is why you should put the volume up to 255 for line out.

J

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #10,919 of 14,084

Yes. I use it as a DAC with my laptop and either feed LOD to my amp, or straight out to my headphones.
At first when I installed it, the laptop would crash... but now it seems to work rather flawlessly. Not sure what happened. Maybe it was / is the particular sequence of install.

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #10,920 of 14,084
I've had some trouble with using my DX90 as a DAC and I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.  It works alright as long as I use F8 to disable Driver Signature Enforcement at each bootup, but the last time I tried to open iTunes while playing music through my PC and DX90, I got the first Blue Screen of Death I've seen in probably a year.  I was able to get things up and running again but I've got to be honest: that sort of thing scares me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back