DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Aug 20, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #7,861 of 14,084

I know the internal amp is already very good, I am jsut finding ways to further improve it. Dsnut claims the new cayin c5 priced only around 169$ takes his phones to a whole new level with the dx90.

Does anyone know what's the power output of the C5?

I'm looking for a good option to drive the Mad Dog (soon to upgrade to Alpha Dog) with the DX90 when I'm out & about, and currently I'm using an E12 with the DX90. I like the E12, it has plenty of power for a portable player, but I'm interested in looking for other options if possible, of portable amps that deliver lots of power.

Aug 20, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #7,862 of 14,084
I just received my DX90 yesterday, and I only put in a 64Gb Class10 Sandisk card. The card is only about 60% full. The player has the latest firmware, and only seems to play about 6 songs and locks up, forceing a hard reset. This has been happening all day. It received a full charge before I played with it. I tried using the burn in cable but the same thing was happening with it too. It would go for about 6 songs then just freeze.

This does not impress me too much. I am coming from an X3 which worked very well to this? I also purchased the new Walkman NWZ ZX1. Great sound on it; but poor battery life.

Any ideas on the DX90. I have reformatted the card, loaded different songs. This card plays perfectly in the X3 and RB'd Clip Zip.

Thanks, Jeff.

Aug 20, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #7,863 of 14,084

I know the internal amp is already very good, I am jsut finding ways to further improve it. Dsnut claims the new cayin c5 priced only around 169$ takes his phones to a whole new level with the dx90.

Does anyone know what's the power output of the C5?

I'm looking for a good option to drive the Mad Dog (soon to upgrade to Alpha Dog) with the DX90 when I'm out & about, and currently I'm using an E12 with the DX90. I like the E12, it has plenty of power for a portable player, but I'm interested in looking for other options if possible, of portable amps that deliver lots of power.

Maybe you guys can consider the iBasso PB2 it's really a very powerful portable amp!!

This is the specification of the C5 from their chinese official web (unfortunately don't have the C5 product in their english web)

Aug 20, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #7,864 of 14,084
  I just received my DX90 yesterday, and I only put in a 64Gb Class10 Sandisk card. The card is only about 60% full. The player has the latest firmware, and only seems to play about 6 songs and locks up, forceing a hard reset. This has been happening all day. It received a full charge before I played with it. I tried using the burn in cable but the same thing was happening with it too. It would go for about 6 songs then just freeze.

This does not impress me too much. I am coming from an X3 which worked very well to this? I also purchased the new Walkman NWZ ZX1. Great sound on it; but poor battery life.

Any ideas on the DX90. I have reformatted the card, loaded different songs. This card plays perfectly in the X3 and RB'd Clip Zip.

Thanks, Jeff.

At first I had problems with the SD cards, but then I learned that the problem was the cards themselves. As soon as I got different cards (both Sandisk and Samsung Evo), all the problems I had disappeared. Last Saturday I played over 8 hours straight and had no issues like the ones you're describing.

Which makes me think this would be a defective player. iBasso has very good service, I had a problem with the line-out and sent it back, they are now sending me a replacement player. They responded to all my emails within a day.

Aug 20, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #7,865 of 14,084

Thanks, Jeff.

No SD card reading problem in my DX90, re-check your card format again or factory reset your DX90.
IMO clearly the DX90 SQ better than my brother ZX1 even he himself agree on it unless you talking about the UI LOL

Aug 20, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #7,866 of 14,084

At first I had problems with the SD cards, but then I learned that the problem was the cards themselves. As soon as I got different cards (both Sandisk and Samsung Evo), all the problems I had disappeared. Last Saturday I played over 8 hours straight and had no issues like the ones you're describing.

Which makes me think this would be a defective player. iBasso has very good service, I had a problem with the line-out and sent it back, they are now sending me a replacement player. They responded to all my emails within a day.

I have the Samsung Evo too, bad experience with Sandisk their quality really need to improves~~

Aug 20, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #7,867 of 14,084
  I have the Samsung Evo too, bad experience with Sandisk their quality really need to improves~~

At first I bought 2 Sandisk 128GB cards, both were faulty. It was a very frustrating experience indeed.

I ended up getting a refund, and then ordering elsewhere (Amazon this time) 1 Sandisk 128GB card and 3 Evo 64GB cards. All 4 cards (including the Sandisk) work perfectly this time... I do wish though that the Evo cards would be available in 128GB as well...

Aug 20, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #7,868 of 14,084
OK so stay away from the SanDisk? I bought a SanDisk 128 class 10 to go with this but I wanted to try one with music already on it that I knew so I could listen for any differences. All my cards are SanDisk except for one it's a 32 Gb Samsung Metal HD Class 10. So what cards are everyone using the Samsung Evo? I've not heard of them.

Aug 20, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #7,869 of 14,084
OK so stay away from the SanDisk? I bought a SanDisk 128 class 10 to go with this but I wanted to try one with music already on it that I knew so I could listen for any differences. All my cards are SanDisk except for one it's a 32 Gb Samsung Metal HD Class 10. So what cards are everyone using the Samsung Evo? I've not heard of them.

Unfortunately, Sandisk is the only manufacturer of 128GB Micro SD cards at the moment. And it looks like their quality control is rubbish. If you get one that works, it works fine. But too many just don't work, too many bad batches that still "somehow" made their way to the market.

I bought the Samsung Evo 64GB cards because they had a very consistently high reviews, and they all work just fine. So, I would stay away from Sandisk if you can manage without a 128GB cards, but if you do want a card that size, I'd recommend buying from known retailers (avoid eBay).

Aug 20, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #7,870 of 14,084

Unfortunately, Sandisk is the only manufacturer of 128GB Micro SD cards at the moment. And it looks like their quality control is rubbish. If you get one that works, it works fine. But too many just don't work, too many bad batches that still "somehow" made their way to the market.

I bought the Samsung Evo 64GB cards because they had a very consistently high reviews, and they all work just fine. So, I would stay away from Sandisk if you can manage without a 128GB cards, but if you do want a card that size, I'd recommend buying from known retailers (avoid eBay).

Yeah that's too bad that only Sandisk available in 128GB, hopefully another year Samsung will be available in 128. Now all my phone & camera are using Samsung so far they have 0 problem in it compared to Sandisk, my phone already changed 2 times on a 16GB Sandisk card. They are consider one of the big card manufacturer but I still don't know why the Sandisk QC ended up this rubbish way.

Aug 20, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #7,871 of 14,084
I recently purchased a Sandisk 128gb micro sd card from amazon and I have not had any problems with it what so ever. I ordered 2 64gb micro sd Sandisk cards from ebay (china) that turned out to be fakes. I found out the 64gb cards were fake about 2 months after I ordered them and it was too late for me to get a refund. Just make sure to check that your cards aren't fake by using h2testw.

On another note, are you guys also using up every last bit of internal memory as well as your cards, or is it like windows, where it's better to leave some space free for the player to be snappy and responsive?

Aug 20, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #7,872 of 14,084
  I recently purchased a Sandisk 128gb micro sd card from amazon and I have not had any problems with it what so ever. I ordered 2 64gb micro sd Sandisk cards from ebay (china) that turned out to be fakes. I found out the 64gb cards were fake about 2 months after I ordered them and it was too late for me to get a refund. Just make sure to check that your cards aren't fake by using h2testw.

On another note, are you guys also using up every last bit of internal memory as well as your cards, or is it like windows, where it's better to leave some space free for the player to be snappy and responsive?

What I know that the China all Sandisk products have a counterfeit code at the back of the package, so make sure you log into http://verify.sandisk.cn type in your counterfeit code to verified it. In China anything & everything can be fake so have to be extra caution. 

I leave my internal memory empty, not sure about the responsiveness if you occupy the internal memory.

Aug 20, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #7,874 of 14,084

Heh. I was thinking the same thing.

Rock, 170.
Classical, 180.
Medium gain.
Grado GR-10.

Geeezzzz, maybe our ears getting old need to be loud only we able to be listen

Aug 20, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #7,875 of 14,084

I have both a 128g and 64g Sandisk that are authentic, formatted as exFAT and have been working fine. To check you player I would try not using a card and run songs from the internal 8g to see if you get the lockup. If you do and a reflash and reset don't work, I would exchange it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back