DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Aug 7, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #7,667 of 14,084
Sorry if question had been asked.

If I upgrade to FW 2.1 international , can I easily switch over to rock box & viceversa?
I'm currently on 2.05...

Also a big thanks to Lurker0 and Headwacker for the hardwork done on the DX90.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #7,668 of 14,084
Sorry if question had been asked.

If I upgrade to FW 2.1 international , can I easily switch over to rock box & viceversa?
I'm currently on 2.05...

Also a big thanks to Lurker0 and Headwacker for the hardwork done on the DX90.

My latest build combines both Rockbox and Lurker'd modded 2.1 FW. Switching is just a matter of selecting which one to boot at power on (boot menu is activated when the hold switch is on. Otherwise, it will boot the previous FW you selected).

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #7,669 of 14,084
This seems like an interesting idea

pseudo-balanced cable?

Maybe someone with a better understanding of electronics/Japanese can give a better insight on this

http://tmt481.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/ibasso-dx90-balance-fiio-X5.html

Also here with AK120

http://fixerhpa.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-268.html

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #7,671 of 14,084
  Does anyone else suffer lag using the USB dac functionality on the DX90?
It doesnt bother me too much when I listen to the odd song on the compute,r but it is insanely annoying when watching videos etc.

That aspect of the USB hasn't been fixed yet. It is supposed to be fixed in the next release from what I have read. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #7,672 of 14,084
  This seems like an interesting idea

pseudo-balanced cable?

Maybe someone with a better understanding of electronics/Japanese can give a better insight on this

http://tmt481.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/ibasso-dx90-balance-fiio-X5.html

Also here with AK120

http://fixerhpa.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-268.html

interesting idea, and a very interesting read in Google translates Japanese english haha.

I have no idea how it works, but my line out and hp out sound completely different and the LO is 1.7v if recall correctly, while would leave us on low gain.

I have no idea how the sound would be meshed, but I know if one ear piece was hearing LO sound and one was hearing HP out sound it would be average haha.

Love to hear more about it though.

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #7,673 of 14,084
  That aspect of the USB hasn't been fixed yet. It is supposed to be fixed in the next release from what I have read. 

Ah ok.
Thats ok then :) so long as its not just my laptop of DX :)

I thought it might be my laptop since its terribad, but thanks for the heads up.

I dont use the function often but it is handy to have.

Scott

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #7,674 of 14,084
  interesting idea, and a very interesting read in Google translates Japanese english haha.

I have no idea how it works, but my line out and hp out sound completely different and the LO is 1.7v if recall correctly, while would leave us on low gain.

I have no idea how the sound would be meshed, but I know if one ear piece was hearing LO sound and one was hearing HP out sound it would be average haha.

Love to hear more about it though.

I think instead of using a shared ground for the L and R channel at HO (as how SE works) that adaptor splits the L ground and R ground into HO and LO

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #7,675 of 14,084

I think instead of using a shared ground for the L and R channel at HO (as how SE works) that adaptor splits the L ground and R ground into HO and LO

Sorry I know nothing about how cables work haha, though I am about to start learning for some cables I am making etc so I can learn.

So as above, in order to make it sound correct, this would use the ground from HO and LO to split that, but retain the L and R from the SE HO?

So currently say:
L G R

With this cable
L LG from HO | RG from LO R

Or the like?

Lol I have no clue :p

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #7,676 of 14,084
  Sorry I know nothing about how cables work haha, though I am about to start learning for some cables I am making etc so I can learn.

So as above, in order to make it sound correct, this would use the ground from HO and LO to split that, but retain the L and R from the SE HO?

So currently say:
L G R

With this cable
L LG from HO | RG from LO R

Or the like?

Lol I have no clue :p

That is correct :D you can see the 1 wire which should be RG and the 3 wire which is L R LG

But this means you would need a TRRS plug which has 4 contact channels

No worries, we are all here to learn and discover new things

I have tried to make cables myself but have stopped because I am horrible with the soldering iron lol

Aug 8, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #7,678 of 14,084
Could you list the name of products and cables you use for this setup?

- iBasso DX90,
- Gigabyte GZ-G1BB0 (12000 mA*h),
- WD My Passport 2TB,
- USB OTG cable with external power via MicroUSB female socket.

I purchased the cable from ebay for less than $1.5 incl. shipping. Can't provide a link currently.

Aug 8, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #7,679 of 14,084
  OK, really stupid Newbie question...

I've downloaded the driver and copied to my DX90 but can't seem to get the PC to recognise it, I've tried just copying the x86 version (32 bit) and the whole folder, ran the setup.exe on both, factory reset following this and still windows won;t recognise it in DAC mode.

I know I'm doing something stupid but I'm too stupid to know what. Can anyone help please? (and I have used the search function to no avail...)

Thanks

Anyone, please? I know its something basic but for the life of me I can't figure out what...

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #7,680 of 14,084
Anyone, please? I know its something basic but for the life of me I can't figure out what...

Firstly, Have you chosen DAC mode in your DX90? Have you tried to switch different USB directly from your PC/notebook using the USB cable that come with your DX90? Should not use USB hub in your connection. If still not work, try to connect another PC running windows xp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back