DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 11, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #6,916 of 14,084
I don't seem to have any lag or sensitivity issues with 2.1.0. The only issue I have so far is when I play an album for the first time, it does not play the tracks in the list in order as I expect (Play mode is set to "Order").

But when I play the album again starting from the first track it plays in perfect order. I only use folder browsing.

Jul 11, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #6,917 of 14,084
I don't seem to have any lag or sensitivity issues with 2.1.0. The only issue I have so far is when I play an album for the first time, it does not play the tracks in the list in order as I expect (Play mode is set to "Order").

But when I play the album again starting from the first track it plays in perfect order. I only use folder browsing.

Same with mine the first time but after changing the play mode setting now backs to normal~

Jul 11, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #6,918 of 14,084
  Same with mine the first time but after changing the play mode setting now backs to normal~

Same problem here. When playing by folder from the first track, it plays the first track, one in the middle and the last one and stops. Very annoying. Went back to old FW because of that.

Jul 11, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #6,920 of 14,084
It only happens the first time I play an album(folder). DX90 at this stage adds the album in the database and seems to have the playback out of order.

But it does not happen next time I play the same album because it already exist in DB. Not really a concern but just want to know if this common behavior and not just on my DX90.

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #6,921 of 14,084
It only happens the first time I play an album(folder). DX90 at this stage adds the album in the database and seems to have the playback out of order.

But it does not happen next time I play the same album because it already exist in DB. Not really a concern but just want to know if this common behavior and not just on my DX90.

So I have Idea - Test You scan full memory.

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #6,922 of 14,084

So what is the solution for now till they fix this bug? Do I start playing the first song, then stop it and play it again? I really like how the new FW sounds, but can't play the albums like this.

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #6,923 of 14,084
So what is the solution for now till they fix this bug? Do I start playing the first song, then stop it and play it again? I really like how the new FW sounds, but can't play the albums like this.

Yes that's how I do it. Play the first song then stop. Go to file browser and play the first song again. I think iBasso nailed the SQ in 2.1 for me. As long as there are no other annoying bugs that will keep interrupting me from listening to music then I can live with this bug.

EDIT: I think to completely avoid this issue, just let DX90 complete the scan of your files after you flash the FW or do a factory reset. After that, when you add new files or albums just force DX90 to do a re-scan.

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #6,924 of 14,084

You could try playing whatever song you want to hear. While it is playing, go to Settings/Advanced/Rescan Library and let the DX90 do a scan on your music library while you listen to your music. This seems to have sorted the order problem for me.

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #6,925 of 14,084
I encountered the "Fade out - Fade in" bug 100% when using the DX90 on the go, when I either select an album or folder, press play button, put the DX90 in the pocket and just let it play. I have mostly flac files of 20-30MB size per track.

I never encounter the "Fade out - Fade in" bug when using the DX90 at home, when I almost always switch artist/album every 2 or 3 tracks during playback.

Base on experience above, I suspect the "Fade out - Fade in bug happens when the DX90 somehow encounter delay when reading the next batch of tracks into its buffer memory. File size is not a direct cause of it as I never experienced the bug when pressing FWD/RWD manually in a with a large 300MB Flac album file with cue sheet.

I think the bug has to do with the DX90' read ahead buffer logic.

Have you notified iBasso about the problem?  What was their response? 

Jul 11, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #6,926 of 14,084
Jul 11, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #6,927 of 14,084
  Evaluating the sound of two Samsung batteries paralleled by soldering them and a couple of spots of supper glue (same physical size as a 4400mA Anker, and the sound is better still. More transparent and room to roam around in. Sounds great with one Samsung just a little improvement with two and since they are the power supple of the DX90, with what I have built in the past, PS is something everything since good circuits are very available but give them a mediocre PS and they will sound that way. The stock battery isn't bad, the Samsung is better, IMO. 

And a benefit, twice the run time. :^)

con: I like the black leather case I got for it, which is beautifully made but of course, use the silicon case with the dual Samsung batteries. 

So I had some time and just did this with my only 2 Samsung batteries. Can't a/b but my impression is that there is a control, fleshing out and texture of sound that is really nice. More better than different. Actually less analytical sounding but with added control and tangibility.

I got the bug and did it at home without a magnifier (which I now need for small work) or clamps and a large unregulated tip so it's not my prettiest work but I knew not to get carried away with heat. Contact area to the DX90 is still gold plate.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #6,928 of 14,084
  So I had some time and just did this with my only 2 Samsung batteries. Can't a/b but my impression is that there is a control, fleshing out and texture of sound that is really nice. More better and than different. Actually less analytical sounding but with added control and tangibility.

I got the bug and did it at home without a magnifier (which I now need for small work) or clamps and a large unregulated tip so it's not my prettiest work but I knew not to get carried away with heat. Contact area to the DX90 is still gold plate.
bigsmile_face.gif

Great. 

----------------------------

On the fade out and fade in and the lag when going to the next song or another album, try a rescan. I had lag on a full DSD card I had in the DX90. I then tried it in the OTG and got none and then rescanned it into the DX90 and I now get no lag. On the fade in and out it appears to be the same. I had it once yesterday, did a rescan and none now but then I haven't had it for weeks. 

I found out I had turned off my gapless. The only lag I have is DSD files and for them, right now, the gapless has to be off or there is a lag. I emailed iBasso about this so they are aware. 

I get no lag with non DSD files. With gapless on or off. 

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #6,929 of 14,084
So I just went through the 3 FWs again for kicks and there's no going back for me. 2.1 easily has the best combo of info retreival, perspective and boogie. 2.05 is a little less refined and has less space between the notes but boogies. 00 is rather bland by comparison. All done without gapless on slow roll when available.

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #6,930 of 14,084
One thing to ask all users having cutting in song, what mode are you using while experiencing the cut?
Wanna report to ibasso and let them know more about this issue.
I got this when play under directory mode, with gapless and random on, eq off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back