DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 1, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #6,557 of 14,084
Okay, so I freely admit that I'm not nearly the tech-savvy audiophile that most of you guy seem to be.  I'm primarily here to lurk and learn because I can't "talk shop" on a level with the big boys.  Disclaimer aside, I have questions that seems appropriately timed, given the current dispute about external amplification in the thread.  I love my DX90.  I absolutely love it.  I've never heard instrumental separation like this in my entire life and to call the clarity outstanding is an understatement that borders on insult.  The one issue I have with it—and this may well be the result of an iffy IEM pairing and/or lackluster mastering—is that while the low end is present and accurate it sometimes lacks the impact I prefer.  I don't get a lot in the way of obvious sub-bass, in particular.

I'm not the type of basshead who would shell out for cannons or even Velodyne vPulses but I'd like the option of dialing up the bass a notch or two.  I'd like to get some opinions from the majority of you regarding eternal portable amplifiers and the DX90.  Specifically, I'm looking to spend no more than about $150 right now and I want to maintain as much accuracy as possible in the mix while boosting the lower frequencies.  I'd really like to avoid bass bleed or drowning out my highs/mids.

1)  Yes or no—does it make good sense to use an external amplifier with the DX90 to reshape the sound signature in the way I've described above?
2)  What brands/models would you recommend for this, if any?

Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to take a few minutes to educate a noob.

Like the other fellow has mentioned, if you would like stronger bass, try the DX90 EQ first. Actually the DX90 EQ is quite good and does not degrade the sound. If you are using IEM, try some different tips for possible better sealing. IMO, good sealing affects the bass response the most for IEM.

I am in the camp to use external amp to bring the most out from the DX90. But the main benefits for me using an external amp is to have even better soundstage and instrument separation. A bigger sound stage would sometimes give an illusion of being "hollow" and weaker, not "in your face" kind of bass response.

I use the Arrow 4G to pair with the DX90 to use with the Yamaha EPH-100. Occassionally I do use the Arrow bass boost function but not always. The good sealing of the EPH-100 tips give enough bass response to me. If you are interested, the Arrow 3G with the even stronger bass boost will be available used for around $150.

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #6,559 of 14,084
No.

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #6,561 of 14,084
14532444736_6941ca321a_b.jpg

Headfonics have a review of the DX90 up now

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #6,564 of 14,084
Jul 2, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #6,567 of 14,084
I bought it from your seller and now it is still say charging and has been about 20hrs:disappointed:

Try a higher rated charger. I think the Samsungs might need a true 1a or higher charger with the DX90. Might have something to do with the battery's charging protection chip.

Jul 2, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #6,568 of 14,084
Hi Guys,

Touchscreen of  DX90  is too sensitive making almost impossible to scroll and select a directory.  Scrolling down is very tough. Have you guys noticed this issue too..if yes then is there any fix for it.
I do have screen protection (supplied with Ibasso) on it.

I bought DX90 from ProStudio (Through Amazon) and shipping was fast . I am happy with them.

Thanks for your help,
Anil 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back