DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 11, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #2,671 of 14,084
  I sprung for one of these today - they confirmed stock so it could ship anytime. My new raft of customs and universal/custom 1964 V8 has pushed me in the direction of upgrading my source. I was on the fence about getting a JDS C5D and using it with my iPod Classic, but I really want an option that isn't a stack - I don't have any headphones per se, just an assortment of Multi-BA IEMs - so hopefully the DX90 will serve the purpose of letting these high end cans shine. Then I can go about upgrading my music from Apple Lossless to other Hi-Rez formats - I have just been so attached to the Apple ecosystem, it has been like pulling teeth to get me to try another manufacturer's DAP.

Isn't Apple codec AAC or MP4?  I heard AAC is more compact than mp3.  Is it a pain to convert it for non-Apple players?  I personally prefer non-Apple players because of the drag and drop, makes my like much easier.  
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by SilverEars /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Isn't Apple codec AAC or MP4?  I heard AAC is more compact than mp3.  Is it a pain to convert it for non-Apple players?  I personally prefer non-Apple players because of the drag and drop, makes my like much easier.  
biggrin.gif

AAC is apples equivalent of MP3. He iis talking about lossless which is ALAC. Apples equivalent of FLAC. There are several apps to convert files into a different format but it don't need to do that for DX90. It can play all the formats listed above.

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #2,672 of 14,084
  AAC is apples equivalent of MP3. He iis talking about lossless which is ALAC. Apples equivalent of FLAC. There are several apps to convert files into a different format but it don't need to do that for DX90. It can play all the formats listed above.

All my music is lossless Apple - ripped from CD's - I may have a few straight Apple iTunes songs, but they are few and far between. Now if what they are saying about iTunes going Hi-Rez in two months - that might be interesting - then Apple might decide to make a player that plays 24bit music...

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #2,673 of 14,084
  All my music is lossless Apple - ripped from CD's - I may have a few straight Apple iTunes songs, but they are few and far between. Now if what they are saying about iTunes going Hi-Rez in two months - that might be interesting - then Apple might decide to make a player that plays 24bit music...

The current iOS7 devices can already play 24-bit files through 3rd party apps. If apple is to support 24-bit files, it will be just flipping a switch for them.

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #2,674 of 14,084

Which portable cans are you planning to use DX90 with? Most portable cans are also designed to be efficient which does not require much power either.

The 3 cans listed in my sig. Focal Spirit Pro, Ultrasone Signature Pro, and K812 (this one not being portable, but still efficient).

I think it'll be fine. People were saying the AK240 drives the K812 very well and that does 2V rms (in single-ended mode). I think I was expecting so much because the X3 while being cheap is a little power monster and because of what was stated at the Ibasso website. If the website had said 2.17 Vrms from the start there would have been no confusion or expection. I'm fine though. I'm not complaing (or trying not to) ROFL.
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #2,675 of 14,084
News updated. I think I'm able to get my DX90 within today. The shippment is in Hong Kong already. Just need to wait it reaching the destination.
cool.gif
Maybe I'll be the first lucky guy getting that.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #2,676 of 14,084

Chips used wise the DX90 uses a 250mA buffer while the X5 uses 75mA.  

Thats great news. I have no doubt the power I'll be getting from the DX90 will be more high quality than what I get from the X5. I know they built in a lot of headroom so they can deliver a very nice clear signal to the headphone. Cleaner more transparent, etc, etc. I think Fiio sacrificed some clarity/transparency to achieve that power + that huge 3700mAh battery helps too.

Either way I'm guessing I can find a place for both DAPs in my life and will be happy/grateful to own both.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #2,679 of 14,084
  News updated. I think I'm able to get my DX90 within today. The shippment is in Hong Kong already. Just need to wait it reaching the destination.
cool.gif
Maybe I'll be the first lucky guy getting that.

Good for you. Fardar express tracking info is a bit confusing. I'm not sure if my package is already in SG or still on it's way. 

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #2,684 of 14,084
That's great! I hope units will come to locals shops too for audition, or if you are generous, would you share-a-hear? LoL!
biggrin.gif

I think they will be up very soon. Maybe Monday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back