DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 11, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #2,656 of 14,084
  This will surely not get into a heated argument.

Actually it will...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Why don't we just talk about how to catch the DHL man without missing him?

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #2,661 of 14,084
  yeah.....I wasn't too please paying for the silicon either on the DX50 as the 1st batch order.....glad it's included now @ least, it's a nice skin that gets the job done.

Well we did get the extra battery last time around as 1st batch beta pigs!  Tho I haven't used it at all, and forgot to include it in my FS post... well at least I can try it with the DX90

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #2,662 of 14,084
Did you see the season finale of Walking Dead recently? Just construct a elaborate maze/trap and make him go where you want! It's the only solution!

I like where you're going with this! Haha. I'm going to call in sick on Monday and literally leave the front door ajar on Monday with a giant note on the front that says: "DHL I'm home! Do not leave!"

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #2,663 of 14,084
  *As for the power figures. Well for people who bought this for ony IEMs, I can see how they don't care about the power numbers as it's an improvement over the DX50 by 80%, but for someone like me who owns portable cans and is not interested in IEMs, it makes me a little nervous as it's much weaker than stated by IBasso (47% less current than the X5). Maybe this means I'll have to buy the Universal Roxanne?
evil_smiley.gif
(I have no choice right?)

Which portable cans are you planning to use DX90 with? Most portable cans are also designed to be efficient which does not require much power either.

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #2,664 of 14,084

*As for the power figures. Well for people who bought this for ony IEMs, I can see how they don't care about the power numbers as it's an improvement over the DX50 by 80%, but for someone like me who owns portable cans and is not interested in IEMs, it makes me a little nervous as it's much weaker than stated by IBasso (47% less current than the X5). Maybe this means I'll have to buy the Universal Roxanne?
evil_smiley.gif
(I have no choice right?)

It's nice to have a nice CIEM around.  
biggrin.gif
  I prefer iems because of the isolation, and I feel like I can hear more details.  I'm actually looking for a DAP has the most transparency and details since I have my Hidition NT-6 coming in which supposedly is details and clarity monster.  It's fun to test out how good the sources are with the most transparent phones.

So power is not an issue for me, it's the accuracy, details, and clarity.  AK120 and 240 were so detailed and clear sounding with the UERM demo.

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #2,665 of 14,084
I sprung for one of these today - they confirmed stock so it could ship anytime. My new raft of customs and universal/custom 1964 V8 has pushed me in the direction of upgrading my source. I was on the fence about getting a JDS C5D and using it with my iPod Classic, but I really want an option that isn't a stack - I don't have any headphones per se, just an assortment of Multi-BA IEMs - so hopefully the DX90 will serve the purpose of letting these high end cans shine. Then I can go about upgrading my music from Apple Lossless to other Hi-Rez formats - I have just been so attached to the Apple ecosystem, it has been like pulling teeth to get me to try another manufacturer's DAP.

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #2,666 of 14,084
  I sprung for one of these today - they confirmed stock so it could ship anytime. My new raft of customs and universal/custom 1964 V8 has pushed me in the direction of upgrading my source. I was on the fence about getting a JDS C5D and using it with my iPod Classic, but I really want an option that isn't a stack - I don't have any headphones per se, just an assortment of Multi-BA IEMs - so hopefully the DX90 will serve the purpose of letting these high end cans shine. Then I can go about upgrading my music from Apple Lossless to other Hi-Rez formats - I have just been so attached to the Apple ecosystem, it has been like pulling teeth to get me to try another manufacturer's DAP.

Isn't Apple codec AAC or MP4?  I heard AAC is more compact than mp3.  Is it a pain to convert it for non-Apple players?  I personally prefer non-Apple players because of the drag and drop, makes my like much easier.  
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #2,668 of 14,084
  *As for the power figures. Well for people who bought this for ony IEMs, I can see how they don't care about the power numbers as it's an improvement over the DX50 by 80%, but for someone like me who owns portable cans and is not interested in IEMs, it makes me a little nervous as it's much weaker than stated by IBasso (47% less current than the X5). 

Chips used wise the DX90 uses a 250mA buffer while the X5 uses 75mA.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back