DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 8, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #2,266 of 14,084
  I couldn't wait and got an 901 - game over for me for while at least - astonishing machine

I will keep an eye on the DX90 and may get one at Xmas, ie after you kind people have done 6 months of beta testing for me!
bigsmile_face.gif

Which card are you using on your 901?

Best card, in your opinion?

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #2,267 of 14,084
They spelled "Music" incorrectly on the first render on the DX90 page.

Not sure if that is a good sign... :)  

Nah, its just a spelling mistake that is quite common for any chinese manufacturers but the qualty of Music is what it matters to us,so no worries.

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #2,268 of 14,084
It came with the standard card which is already better than DX50,801 (close) and Studio 3rd.
And I should have a mini box amp at home, it hopefully arrived earlier, then I will report back

Using DT1350 and ES10 (ESW11 pads) no IEMs.

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #2,269 of 14,084
  The DX90 is indeed a very tempting buy.

I have the DX50, but I'm weighing my options on my next significant DAP upgrade.

Having more impressions of the DX90 would definitely help my cause, as I'm also curiously waiting to see how the Calyx M fares.

The ZX-1 is also another strong contender.

Should they fail to satisfy me, there's always the AK240 (so far, I've seen nothing but raving reviews for it, apart from its pricing, of course) as a backup option.

If the DX50 amp section would have been similar tot he DX90, I might have reconsidered my purchase but I am so much stuck to getting a Sabre dac implementation that most of the choices you outlined are the ones I am considering except for the ZX1 and maybe the AK240 not because they are not using a Sabre but for other reasons. The only exception is for the AK240 which for me has been a hell of a surprise. I did not expect iRiver to really make the Cirrus Logic DAC shine in this player. The UI and features truly are of a different class, more along the lines of modern phones/players. Its physical appearance is definitively something that you have to overcome imo and can possibly grow on you. Now the Calyx M, somehow appears to be a very well implemented single Saber dac according to their measures on their website, although this is still yet to be proven. If the player is as good as the designers make us believe it is, then the price would be a good deal. I am thinking that if it has the ability to equal or surpass the trio (AK240/HM-901/DX100), then it's cheap. I am glad to see more choices but with that the difficult decision to lock onto one.

Quote:
  I couldn't wait and got an 901 - game over for me for while at least - astonishing machine

I will keep an eye on the DX90 and may get one at Xmas, ie after you kind people have done 6 months of beta testing for me!
bigsmile_face.gif

Congrats! Hope you'll be tempted earlier.
wink.gif

I don't anticipate a lot of beta testing, after all it shares some of its little brother UI and input/output functions but then with new features and components I might set myself up for long hours of trial and error. A 6 month beta testing phase seems to be generous and will most likely make your Christmas more enjoyable.
dt880smile.png

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #2,272 of 14,084
It's normal, I had to ask to see if they received the order.
  Is it normal to get nothing at all from ibasso after ordering the DX90? i checked my paypal account and the payment went.

thx

Your paypal order is your receipt and their signal to prepare and ship the unit to you, as long as your address is correct, you have nothing to fear.

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #2,275 of 14,084
Im sure i read somewhere that the dx90 is more powerful than the dx50 and i can easily drive my Beyerdynamic 880's on my dx50 - the volume is kinda up there but its fine :)

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #2,278 of 14,084
Looking to buy my first set of headphones, not sure where to begin.
Was thinking about the he-500....

I have heard the he-500's are fabulous!
I just bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 880's and am blown away with them, they are so so good -
All i can say is try to get to listen to as many different headphones as possible - in a good HiFi store.
It helps to know what type of sound one likes - then at least you can judge to a small degree what
you might like :)

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #2,279 of 14,084
 I have heard the he-500's are fabulous!
I just bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 880's and am blown away with them, they are so so good -
All i can say is try to get to listen to as many different headphones as possible - in a good HiFi store.
It helps to know what type of sound one likes - then at least you can judge to a small degree what
you might like :)

As soon as I get my dx90, I think I'll do that. Thanks for the advice.

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #2,280 of 14,084
Do they have stock on these at iBasso? I see they can be ordered - does that mean they will ship soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back