DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Jul 13, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #1,156 of 3,609
The reason he charges double because Tera player is 100% "handmade" by him. This is like a Ferrari's DAP.
I'm no surprised if he charge $2K for this player.:D

LOL..wouldn't that mean custom interconnects should cost $1000 because they're all hand made?

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #1,157 of 3,609
Quote:
The reason he charges double because Tera player is 100% "handmade" by him. This is like a Ferrari's DAP.
I'm no surprised if he charge $2K for this player.
biggrin.gif

It's simply because he can do less work and still make more money by maintaining the mystique of limited production and exclusivity. Being VG helps as well but he's now taken this to a new extreme. It's not like he's redesigning these on every build or using esoteric parts. He's assembling and testing and can do multiples in a day if he wants to.

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #1,158 of 3,609
Quote:

They were always handmade by him. 
rolleyes.gif
 No reason for the price to double like it did.

Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 

I'm no surprised if he charge $2K for this player.
font]

Let's see what 1,680 Euros is in dollars.....

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #1,164 of 3,609
Quote:
Ha ha those who owned Tera must not happy with your statement.
mad.gif

I don't think any of the owners here bought it at the new outrageously increased price though.

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #1,165 of 3,609
I don't think any of the owners here bought it at the new outrageously increased price though.
I doubt any will or at least I doubt any will admit to it. But if they do it is there problem and I will care very little :) it makes as much sense to buy a Tera as a 2k pair of shoes or 5k bag.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #1,166 of 3,609
Quote:
it makes as much sense to buy a Tera as a 2k pair of shoes or 5k bag.

You're not making a very convincing argument, there, Mimouille, given that there's absolutely no sense in buying a 2k pair of shoes or 5k bag!

Anyway, we're digressing. This thread is for the DX50   (apparently)  
size]

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #1,167 of 3,609
You're not making a very convincing argument, there, Mimouille, given that there's absolutely no sense in buying a 2k pair of shoes or 5k bag!

Anyway, we're digressing. This thread is for the DX50   (apparently)  
size]
Exactly my point, I am not saying it makes sense, just that many purchases make no sense to some people, but that no one has any right to tell other people how to spend their money. So lets please stay on audio and not call people fools based on how they spend their money.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #1,168 of 3,609
Quote:
Exactly my point, I am not saying it makes sense, just that many purchases make no sense to some people, but that no one has any right to tell other people how to spend their money. So lets please stay on audio and not call people fools based on how they spend their money.

(I'm treating this as a discussion, not an argument, just so you know what my 'tone of voice' is, with all this, ok?)

My mention of 'fool' was in relation to someone charging literally DOUBLE their previous price, and certain people being willing to purchase at such a disingenuous, illegitimate price.

It's not even about the price, per se, it's about whether there is legitimate justification for the price. In the case of the Terra price being doubled, I see no change in specifications or materials or performance - therefore, I would consider anyone willing to pay double to be foolish.

Thankfully, Fiio and iBasso don't conduct their business in such a disingenuous manner.

As for those who bought the Terra at the original price, my remark does not apply.

beerchug.gif

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #1,169 of 3,609
(I'm treating this as a discussion, not an argument, just so you know what my 'tone of voice' is with all this, ok?)

My mention of 'fool' was in relation to someone charging literally DOUBLE their previous price, and certain people being willing to purchase at such a disingenuous, illegitimate price.

It's not even about the price, per se, it's about whether there is legitimate justification for the price. In the case of the Terra price being doubled, I see no change in specifications or materials or performance - therefore, I would consider anyone willing to pay double to be foolish.

Thankfully, Fiio and iBasso don't conduct their business in such a disingenuous manner.

As for those who bought the Terra at the original price, my remark does not apply.

:beerchug:
And what I am saying is that if someone wants to buy it at that price, I will not care nor judge.

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #1,170 of 3,609
Fair enough.

JFTR, I'm judging the seller much more than the buyer, in the case of the doubled-price of the Tera player, even though I do think someone'd be nuts to hand over double the price.

But I take your point - strictly speaking, it's none of my business to judge anyone (perhaps not even myself, either, but that's a philosophical rabbit hole).

Ultimately, nothing is 'Right' or 'Wrong' in this universe, but hey, we're all human; we all have our personal quirks and annoyances about this-&-that!  That's what it is to live in a world perceived dualistically by the limitations of conditioned human cognition... 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back