DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Apr 13, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #826 of 867
The back of dx260 is plastic?
I read ‘plastic’ I think cheap.
How does it feel?
Does it conflict with the metal chassis?
The back is hardened glass. It is easy to take out by removing 2 screws so it is also easy to change the battery if needed.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 14, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #827 of 867
Help anybody. I need to know how musical warm tone is in dx 260. I think about step up from my fiio m11 plus ess. On technical i believe dx 260 can be better but i need same or very close tone. Astell sr 25 is too cold for my iem campfire ara and simgot ea 1000.

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #829 of 867
Help anybody. I need to know how musical warm tone is in dx 260. I think about step up from my fiio m11 plus ess. On technical i believe dx 260 can be better but i need same or very close tone. Astell sr 25 is too cold for my iem campfire ara and simgot ea 1000.
You have analytical sounding iems, no source will change that but colder sounding source will make them even more unpleasant. Warmer source like something from Sony or Shanling will round some edges but will not completely transform them. The influence of the source is rather marginal.

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #830 of 867
These are some diference. Ara have thicker bass from goes warmer tone. From really difficult layering aras pumped more detail but from sheer clarity point they are on level. Example total eclipse of the heard ea 1000 is touch more open. Actualy iam shocked how on some songs are ea 1000 strong. With fiio is ok. Iam changed sr 25 for fiio after review. And fiio is better for me tone is ok.

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #831 of 867
Wouldn't recommend it if you want a warmer source, I would point you towards something R2R or AKM rather than cirrus/saber.

Side note, I think the DX260 is a step up overall if you want to maintain this kind of reference tonality but at the same time I feel like it's not quite good enough to justify upgrading.

You have analytical sounding iems, no source will change that but colder sounding source will make them even more unpleasant. Warmer source like something from Sony or Shanling will round some edges but will not completely transform them. The influence of the source is rather marginal.
Yeah, source definitely won't smooth over the sibilance of the CA ara.

I'm using arguably an even more analytical pair of iems than the simgot but it may be balanced out by its bass.

Definitely would look to another pair of iems first rather than trying to fix them with a source.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #833 of 867
I have upgrade ara with fiio rc repro cable it is ok. On tonality ok i only dont want some as cold as astel sr 25.
I can't remember exactly what the Sr25 sounded like to comment on how it fares against new daps but I didn't remember it as cold, but rather didn't like it because it sounded flat (soundstage wise), less clear and had worse dynamics compared to my DX160 (2020) when I tried it.

That said, having recently revisited the N3 Pro in light of the new N3 Ultra release, I can definitely see how a flat soundstage can make sounds seem harsher and colder.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 7:04 AM Post #834 of 867
Fiio is big step for me. For different reason. Fiio is more fullbodied dynamic stronger on amp astell is smaller somewhat lighter thiner. Fiio is next to sr 25 like his big brother. It is best player for me. I have old aune m1s it is in the drawer. I have listen old dx 200, hiby pro astell sr 25. From these fiio m11 plus ess are best. I think about upgrade but from experience it is difficult price perfomance ratio is hard to accept. Dx 260 acceptable new fiio m23 is next acceptable.

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #835 of 867
Hi everyone

Further to my previous posts regarding playback snipping on pure mango

It appears the issue is confined to gapless playback in pure mango certainly on my player

I didn't get any response from other members in confirming or denying the possible software bug but I have emailed Paul at Ibasso anyway regarding this

He stated the software team will be looking into this

I am pretty impressed by the rapid response to my email as I have been in the past by Ibasso's customer service

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #840 of 867
I have the Ultra. I would imagine it's quite a bit warmer and smoother than the 260.
I find the DX260 very smooth and musical with excellent detail. To me, I find it is a very natural sounding dap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back