DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Apr 5, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #796 of 867
Update: I tried everything; reformatting the card, progressively removing other Apps and scanning each time, soft resets, etc, etc. I've finally done a hard reset and then re-scanned the card and it's worked - scanning to 100%.

So I don't know what was stopping it before and I'd assume the problem will probably return. I didn't do much to the player to change it from stock - dark theme, changed the screen inputs to swipes.....now I have my library in full anyway, just the annoying problem of the card not working in Mac OS

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #797 of 867
I'm in SD card hell! So what I've just established is that when I format an old Sandisc Ultra 16gb card in the DX260, setting it up as portable media, I can then put it straight into my Mac with an adapter and it recognises it and mounts it. When I do the same with the new Sandisc Extreme Pro 1tb card, the Mac won't mount it and says I've got to Eject/Ignore/Initialise the card. It is recognised on my Windows machine however. Really annoying. @Paul - iBasso does the sd card software in the DX260 need updating?
Sorry if you've already checked this, but Wonder if your Sandisk Extreme Pro 1tb could be a fake? It might "appear" to be good and show the file structure in windows, but not on other operating systems because it was only set up to appear real on windows? Can you actually play files from that SD card on your PC? I hate fake memory cards; And always check them out using a memory tester like https://h2testw.org/ Old app but reliable. Will take over an hour for a 1tb card. But if the first 100GB is ok, then your card is probably good. Usually fake cards are actually 8GB or lower capacity cards that "appear" to be higher capacity in Windows, and will show all the file structure, but have no actual file/music data.

OOPS, just saw that you got your card to work. You can ignore this!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #798 of 867
Dear friends, here is my very detailed iBasso DX260 Review, comparisons included.

IMG_20240329_174740-wm-48394.300000071526_watermarked.jpg

Soon I will also upload it at Headfi showcase.

Apr 5, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #799 of 867
So here is my update should anyone care :wink:
Yesterday I went to Microcenter and bought a commercial CD burning program (Cordell Roxio), a Dell external CD drive and a new microSD card.
Last night I spent another very frustrating three hours and could not get my $3,000 Alienware laptop with the new software (easily installed) and SanDisc external card reader to work The laptop would not even "see" the DX260 or card reader.
I am lucky to work at a law firm with a good IT guy who came in today to install some new computers.
I popped it on him without advance notice that I had brought everything with me to work for him to try to figure out my problem.
He immediately looked put-off and said "I don't know anything about digital audio players and burning CD's"
The funny thing is that as soon as he started he got more and more interested.
He intuited by just playing around with my laptop that we were missing a needed driver. He found one from a third party (NOT iBasso) that allowed the laptop to "see" the DX260. You might ask for the name and I will have to look for that.
He also by sheer intelligence and intuition played with the DX260 and told me that I needed to use Mango and go to settings (wheel at upper right corner) and "Advanced" and then "MTP" and get MTP enabled (it will take several attempts to make it stay on so toggle between on and off until it remains "on") before my PC and the DX260 see each other.
And then all was cool.
He also somehow figured out that while hooked up to my PC and hitting "scan and merge" within Mango my DX260 auto-populated with just about every CD I had ever burned in my lifetime. It was frigging miraculous.
It still makes little sense to me.
And even using Roxio and having a good destination path the drag and drop process is tedious.
But I am good.
FWIW, my IT guy Alex suggested that saving new music to the microSD is easier for some reason with the DX260 than to the internal memory.
I am still very unhappy with my well known etailer (they have headphones in their biz logo) for not lifting a finger to help.
I realize it is difficult to assist without seeing all equipment in the real world but.....

Apr 5, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #800 of 867
So here is my update should anyone care :wink:
Yesterday I went to Microcenter and bought a commercial CD burning program (Cordell Roxio), a Dell external CD drive and a new microSD card.
Last night I spent another very frustrating three hours and could not get my $3,000 Alienware laptop with the new software (easily installed) and SanDisc external card reader to work The laptop would not even "see" the DX260 or card reader.
I am lucky to work at a law firm with a good IT guy who came in today to install some new computers.
I popped it on him without advance notice that I had brought everything with me to work for him to try to figure out my problem.
He immediately looked put-off and said "I don't know anything about digital audio players and burning CD's"
The funny thing is that as soon as he started he got more and more interested.
He intuited by just playing around with my laptop that we were missing a needed driver. He found one from a third party (NOT iBasso) that allowed the laptop to "see" the DX260. You might ask for the name and I will have to look for that.
He also by sheer intelligence and intuition played with the DX260 and told me that I needed to use Mango and go to settings (wheel at upper right corner) and "Advanced" and then "MTP" and get MTP enabled (it will take several attempts to make it stay on so toggle between on and off until it remains "on") before my PC and the DX260 see each other.
And then all was cool.
He also somehow figured out that while hooked up to my PC and hitting "scan and merge" within Mango my DX260 auto-populated with just about every CD I had ever burned in my lifetime. It was frigging miraculous.
It still makes little sense to me.
And even using Roxio and having a good destination path the drag and drop process is tedious.
But I am good.
FWIW, my IT guy Alex suggested that saving new music to the microSD is easier for some reason with the DX260 than to the internal memory.
I am still very unhappy with my well known etailer (they have headphones in their biz logo) for not lifting a finger to help.
I realize it is difficult to assist without seeing all equipment in the real world but.....
You had already downloaded the Windows driver from ibasso to your PC?

https://ibasso.com/dx260firmware/

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #802 of 867
OK, sorry, my next issue-BT connection with Focal Bathys.
Nothing I do will allow the two to connect and play music even though the DX260 and the Bathys are DEFINITELY connected.
I am pretty sure the issue relates to this; none of my music will play in Android mode and instead only in Mango.
I have to hit the volume/on/off button and select Mango too-going to Mango from within the Android app is likewise disabled as far as playing music.
So my thought process right now is that my Bathys phones only connect in Android-the settings within Bathys don't even allow for setting the BT on and off and connecting. So my thought is that without being able to play music in Android mode and without being able to connect to the Bathys directly in Mango mode there is no connectivity.
But can anyone explain what the problem is here in terms of my music only being playable within Mango and not Android? This would be the key to solving my BT and Bathys issue I think.

Apr 5, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #803 of 867
Hi, wow, how frustrating for you. I guess the first thing to do is to get your music playing properly in Mango player from within Android OS. When you open Mango player from within Android, do your music files show up?

Apr 5, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #804 of 867
Hi, wow, how frustrating for you. I guess the first thing to do is to get your music playing properly in Mango player from within Android OS. When you open Mango player from within Android, do your music files show up?
First and foremost, thank you hjf3Gd for your response!
Only a very small fraction of what shows up in Mango shows up in Android mode and they only show up as individual songs and when I try to play them I get the message "can not open file". None of the music in Android mode includes metadata.
In Mango mode II have now have more music than I could ever hoped for and all of the metadata is intact as albums with album covers and it all plays and sounds great with wired headphones. But no BT output with the Bathys. It is not a Bathys issue (I think) because they connect fine with my iPhone.
I am no tech genius but this has to be the Android/Mango Jekyl and Hyde I mentioned above.

Apr 5, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #805 of 867
First and foremost, thank you hjf3Gd for your response!
Only a very small fraction of what shows up in Mango shows up in Android mode and they only show up as individual songs and when I try to play them I get the message "can not open file". None of the music in Android mode includes metadata.
In Mango mode II have now have more music than I could ever hoped for and all of the metadata is intact as albums with album covers and it all plays and sounds great with wired headphones. But no BT output with the Bathys. It is not a Bathys issue (I think) because they connect fine with my iPhone.
I am no tech genius but this has to be the Android/Mango Jekyl and Hyde I mentioned above.
I don't recall now but you did a factory reset of the DX260?

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #806 of 867
I don't recall now but you did a factory reset of the DX260?
Yes I did and I was going to suggest you do the same. I could be wrong, but I don't think either WiFi or Bluetooth are available from Mango OS. I think the idea there is to have as little going on as possible, to provide the cleanest sound. What file types are we talking about?

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #807 of 867
Yes I did and I was going to suggest you do the same. I could be wrong, but I don't think either WiFi or Bluetooth are available from Mango OS. I think the idea there is to have as little going on as possible, to provide the cleanest sound. What file types are we talking about?
I thought there were issues in Android mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back