DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 10, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #2,296 of 22,021
I didn't say iBasso should not enable Play store, I just suggested that if you are after streaming - there is a work around for it.  Who knows, maybe Google play store will be enabled.  But the fact still remains that it's a double edge sword.  Just read X7 and i5 threads...  Personally, I would have loved being able to listen my tracks or to stream from Spotify while browsing head-fi on DX200 :wink:

That's exactly what i do right now on my LG V10 :smirk:. But ok I don't consider myself an audiophile in search of the last 5% :sunglasses:.

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #2,297 of 22,021
  with all respect then i wish you can point me to one dap that has great eq, the only one that has great eq is the cowon daps, and you check the ones i own or owned, non have a great eq in stock music app

now if you do not like to use eq please note that other like to have a solid eq in their daps

i tried the eq in dx80 and dx90 and honestly did not like their eq

Both the DX90 and 80 have limited capability EQ's...that's for sure. However, there was nothing wrong with the EQ in the DX100...once again...I'm keeping it on the " I ". I found it to do exactly what an EQ is supposed to do...alter the frequency responses of the audio. 

I have owned all three DAP's and listened to them side by side and frankly...neither the 90 nor the 80 come close to the 100 sound wise. Not by a long shot. Using the 80 and 90 in comparison to the 200 is like comparing navel oranges to blood oranges...Same genus but completely different flavour. I have also owned Cowon products and they weren't for me. I've never heard anyone base their musical preferences on the flavour of a linear equalizer before...

What my point back there was is that "for me"...note the keeping it on the " I " once again here...

For me...I think that my high end DAP should be dedicated to just music.

Steve from NYC

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #2,298 of 22,021

I didn't say iBasso should not enable Play store, I just suggested that if you are after streaming - there is a work around for it.  Who knows, maybe Google play store will be enabled.  But the fact still remains that it's a double edge sword.  Just read X7 and i5 threads...  Personally, I would have loved being able to listen my tracks or to stream from Spotify while browsing head-fi on DX200
wink.gif

That's exactly what i do right now on my LG V10 :smirk:. But ok I don't consider myself an audiophile in search of the last 5% :sunglasses:.

OK, well, look at it another way - unlike your LG V10, the DX200 won't sneakily send your location (and, on demand, anything else on your phone memory) to Google (and God knows who else) every minute of your life
regular_smile .gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #2,299 of 22,021
OK, well, look at it another way - unlike your LG V10, the DX200 won't sneakily send your location (and, on demand, anything else on your phone memory) to Google (and God knows who else) every minute of your life
regular_smile%20.gif

You are right about that but it actually doesn't bother me. I don't have anything to hide and we can't stop it.

But serious. If the DX200 can play Tidal offline without any flaws and at least have the same SQ as the Mojo I will buy it. Or even better reach the new Sony daps.:thumbsup:

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #2,300 of 22,021

regular_smile%20.gif

Amen to that!

Steve from NYC

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #2,306 of 22,021
  so here are direct questions to @Paul - iBasso

1- can we expect play store to be included in future firmwares
2- would 3rd party apps have full access to the dac without damp sampling
3- would root be possible and install v4a

At this time there will be no play store.

There will not be any down sampling.

Root will not be available.

There is the Android music player on the DX200 and Mango. Mango would be a pure music software that we implement. So there are 2 distinct software systems on the DX200.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 11, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #2,307 of 22,021

At this time there will be no play store.

There will not be any down sampling.

Root will not be available.

There is the Android music player on the DX200 and Mango. Mango would be a pure music software that we implement. So there are 2 distinct software systems on the DX200.

Android music player = the default one in AOSP (i.e. basic one without google music?). Will there be some streaming apps pre-installed then? (e.g. spotify, tidal etc). 

Does this mean tidal (if installed via apk) will have offline? (I assume if installed like this 3rd party apps etc will not have down sampling?)

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #2,308 of 22,021
  Android music player = the default one in AOSP (i.e. basic one without google music?). Will there be some streaming apps pre-installed then? (e.g. spotify, tidal etc). 

Does this mean tidal (if installed via apk) will have offline? (I assume if installed like this 3rd party apps etc will not have down sampling?)

I haven't heard any pre-installed streaming apps such as Spotify or Tidal on the DX200 yet, but as long as it wouldn't be too much of a hassled to get these streaming app to work, then I'm in. Tidal and any music apps that have Parametric EQ that sync well together is a must for me.   

Would also be a super plus if Tidal can play offline on DX200! Can't really hear the differences of up/down sampling so not a big deal to me!

Can't wait for a wave of reviews on this bad boy!

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #2,309 of 22,021
  I haven't heard any pre-installed streaming apps such as Spotify or Tidal on the DX200 yet, but as long as it wouldn't be too much of a hassled to get these streaming app to work, then I'm in. Tidal and any music apps that have Parametric EQ that sync well together is a must for me.   

Would also be a super plus if Tidal can play offline on DX200! Can't really hear the differences of up/down sampling so not a big deal to me!

Can't wait for a wave of reviews on this bad boy!

I have tried running tidal on DX200 which is pretty smooth without any problems.
The only need is to find the tidal latest apk
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back